Ranked amongst the top 10 engineering colleges in India, choosing between NSUT and DTU can be a tough decision. The Netaji Subhash University of Technology, formerly known as NSIT is a profound institution that was established in 1983 and is affiliated with the University of Delhi. Moreover, Delhi Technical University or Delhi College of Engineering is another leading technical university which is renowned for its diverse Engineering programs. Both the institutions offer high-end programs in the field of science and technology and engineering aspirants often get confused between choosing the best one between these two. In this blog, we have a detailed comparison between NSUT vs DTU inspired by the popular video of Aman Dhattarwal.
Must Read: List of B Tech Courses
This Blog Includes:
About Aman Dhattarwal
Aman Dhattarwal holds a degree in BTech Information and Technology from the Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology who is now a public speaker, Youtuber, motivator and educator. Through his YouTube channel ‘Apni Kaksha’, he educates, motivates and guides students about the common issues that they may face before making the right choices while pursuing higher education.
Also Read: JEE Advanced 2021
NSUT vs DTU
Apart from the list of IITs spread across the country, NSUT and DTU are counted among the two major technological institutes in India. To help all the students decide between NSUT vs DTU, in the video, Aman has stated the distinction between eligibility, admission process, faculty and various other criteria that one should consider.
An important point of distinction between NSUT vs DTU is the admission process. Upon qualifying the paper 1 of JEE exams you can enter any of the two institutions. Both the colleges have 85% reservation for the presidents of Delhi or those who have qualified class 12th examinations from Delhi board like CBSE, ICSE, etc. Students must know that the NCR region does not come under this reservation.
The eligibility criteria for NSUT and DTU are different and is an important point of differentiation between NSUT vs DTU. Both NSUT and DTU require one to have at least 60% in the MPC subjects and must qualify the English exam. Along with this, it is necessary for candidates to not have any compartment or backlogs in the class 12th examinations. DTU offers certain relaxation for reserved categories such as OBC- 5%, Defence- 5%, SC/ST/ PwD- 10%. On the other hand, NSUT offers OBC- 10% and there is no set barrier for relaxation for candidates belonging to SC or ST. the candidates belonging to reserved categories must note that it will be necessary for them to carry the original copies of their certificates issued by the government of Delhi. DTU demands the candidate to be between 17-25 years of age but there is no hard and fast rule when it comes to a good profile. While NSUT has no search age-related parameters.
Apart from the above-mentioned common criteria, DTU has also provided relaxation in the eligibility criteria for certain categories. The university has a seat reserved in every stream of Engineering for the candidates who are single girl child to the parents as well as for state or Central board toppers.
Another point in our discussion of NSUT vs DTU is the fee structure of both the institutes. For those who are currently enrolled in NSUT, that is, for the session 2020-21, the semester fees for BTech is INR 1,90,000 and MTech is 1,20,000. But for the academic year 2021-2022, the per semester fee for both the courses are INR 2,06,000 and 1,32,000. DTU requires one to submit the semester fees for BTech for the sessions 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 but the per semester fee for MTech is INR 1,66,000.
Note: It is important to note that the above-mentioned figures are relevant to the tuition fee excluding the hostel fee.
The Joint Admission Counselling manages the admission as well as team selection of four prominent colleges of Delhi such as IIT Delhi, NSUT, DTU and IG DTU. There will be a collective application form for stream selection for all the four colleges which will have around 26 choices. In that form, you can put forward your choices in terms of ranks. Aman states his own example as he marked the NSUT computer science-1, DTU computer science-2, NSIT IT- 3, DTU IT-4, DTU- Software Engineering-5 and so on. Aman advises booking your seat in the first round of counselling by paying the reservation amount of around 75,000 that will be further deducted from your semester fee.
Must Read: How to Prepare for JEE Mains
How to Decide Between NSUT vs DTU?
Now that we are familiar with the key discriminatory points between NSUT and DTU, let us now concentrate on how we can choose between these two:
- Aman states that the day scholars should go for the institution that is closer to their home instead of wasting their time in travelling.
- Both universities have hostels in which candidates can get enrolled. DTU hostels are open only for the candidates who belong outside of Delhi. Whereas NSUT reserves its hostels for both outsiders as well as natives of Delhi, provided their house is 15 to 20 kilometres away from NSUT.
- While elaborating the next point, Aman cites his preference for opting for NSUT for Computer Science Engineering and IT related fields as the institution contains a holistic environment for the upcoming coders. For the students who are looking forward to joining core streams such as B Tech Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, he guides them to opt for DTU.
- Aman then compares the college life between the two institutions and ranks DTU over NSUT by taking into consideration factors like attendance, fests, hostel facilities and parking.
- When it comes to deciding between the two in terms of their curriculum, Aman ranks NSUT above DTU as it offers a bunch of elective subjects since the first semesters. This option of customisation helps students to pursue studies as per their preferences.
- Another main point in our discussion of NSUT vs DTU is the degree. Those who graduate from NSUT earn a degree from the institution as well as the University of Delhi because NSUT is affiliated to DU.
Explore: Scholarship for Engineering Students
Thus, we hope that through this detailed blog on NSUT vs DTU inspired by Aman Dhattarwal’s exclusive video, you will be able to make the right choice. Our experts at Leverage Edu will help you choose amongst the best universities abroad so that you can kickstart your academic journey in the field of your choice. Book your e-meeting with us today. For more such amazing content, follow us at LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.