A large number of engineering students apply for ONGC openings via GATE every year. The online applications for ONGC recruitment through GATE will be opened following the release of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) results in March/April. Before you start the application process, here is everything you need to know about ONGC Recruitment through GATE 2021!
Check out: PSU Recruitment through GATE 2021
This Blog Includes:
- ONGC: An Overview
- ONGC Recruitment Through GATE 2021: Eligibility
- ONGC Recruitment Through GATE 2021: Age Limit
- ONGC Recruitment through GATE 2021: Important Dates
- How to apply for ONGC Recruitment through GATE 2021
- ONGC Recruitment through GATE 2021: Selection Process
- How to apply online for ONGC (steps to follow)
- ONGC Salary through GATE 2021
ONGC: An Overview
ONGC is an abbreviation for Oil and Natural Gas Corporation. ONGC-Oil and Natural Gas Corporation is a ‘Maharatna’ Public Sector Enterprise (PSU) that is involved in the exploration and production of oil and gas in India and throughout the world. The Government of India controls 60.409 per cent of the total shares in ONGC, which is a ‘Maharatna’ Public Sector Enterprise (PSU).
Why is ONGC a dream company?
- ONGC- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation ranked first among all high-paying PSUs like IOCL, NTPC, and others.
- At the E1 level, ONGC offers one of the top pay packages in terms of cost to company (CTC) – around INR 20.06 Lacs.
- Employee Welfare Schemes for ONGC Employees, such as Medical Facility Loans and Advances
- HBA and Conveyance Mortgage Redemption Program
- Housing Options
- Educational Resources
- Canteens that operate on a ‘no profit’ basis
ONGC Recruitment Through GATE 2021: Eligibility
- The Nationality of the candidate should be Indian.
- Minimum 60% marks required for an applicant for ONGC Recruitment.
- A valid GATE scorecard.
- Candidates in their final year of a B.E. or B.Tech degree program are also eligible to apply. If they are chosen, their candidacy will be provisional. They will be required to show the necessary documentation by the final week of July 2021 as confirmation that they have received the required proportion of marks.
Related Read: GATE Preparation Tips
According to Posts, engineering disciplines are eligible for ONGC recruitment using GATE 2021.
|S.No.||Post||Engineering discipline||GATE Subject Code|
|1||AEE (Cementing)-Mechanical||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|2||AEE (Civil)||Civil Engineering||CE|
|3||AEE (Drilling)-Mechanical||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|4||AEE (Electrical)||Electrical Engineering||EE|
|5||AEE (Electronics)||Electronics/Telecom/E&T,PGD- Physics with electronics||EC,PH|
|6||AEE (Instrumentation)||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|7||AEE (Mechanical)||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|8||AEE (Production)- Mechanical||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|9||AEE (Production)-Chemical||Chemical Engineering||CH|
|10||AEE (Production)-Petroleum||Petroleum/Applied Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|11||AEE (Reservoir)||PGD in Geology/Chemistry/Maths/Physics/Petroleum Tech(Must have Maths/Physics at B.Sc.),Chemical/Petroleum Engineering||GG/CY/MA/PH/PE,CH/PE|
|12||Chemist||PGD in Chemistry||CH|
|13||Geologist||PGD Geology/Petroleum Geoscience/Petroleum Geology/Geological Tech||GG|
|14||Geophysicist (Surface)||PGD in Geophysics/Geophysical Tech,PGD in Physics with Electronics||GG,PH|
|15||Geophysicist (Wells)||PGD in Geophysics/Geophysical Tech,PGD in Physics with Electronics||GG,PH|
|16||Material management Officer||Graduate Degree in Engineering||ME/EE/IN/PE/CH/CE/EC/CS/PI|
|17||Programming Officer||Computer Engineering/Information Tech/MCA||CS|
|18||Transport Officer||Mechanical/Auto Engineering||ME|
|19||AEE (Industrial Engineering)||Industrial Engineering||PI|
ONGC Recruitment Through GATE 2021: Age Limit
The age relaxation regulations are the same as those established by the Government of India.
|Category||Age Limit(except Drill./Cementing)||For Drilling/Cementing|
|General/EWS||30 Years||28 Years|
|OBC||33 Years||31 Years|
|SC/ST||35 Years||33 Years|
|Person with Disability(PwD)||40 Years(further relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST)||NA|
|Ex-Serviceman(General,OBC,SC,ST)||35 Years||33 Years|
|Departmental Candidates||Age relaxation will be extended to departmental candidates to the extent of their service rendered in ONGC.||Same|
ONGC Recruitment through GATE 2021: Important Dates
|Date for the Application form||September 11, 2020|
|Last date to fill out the form||October 7, 2020|
|Extended Date for application form with late fee||October 8, 2020|
|The download of the Admit Card||January 8, 2021|
|Availability of application form for ONGC Recruitment||to be notified|
|The deadline for submitting an application for ONGC recruitment.||to be notified|
|Date for uploading of scanned documents/ downloading of interview call letter||to be notified|
|Interview of the shortlisted candidates||to be notified|
How to apply for ONGC Recruitment through GATE 2021
What to keep ready before registering for ONGC recruitment through GATE 2021
- GATE 2021 admit card – Candidates should have the GATE 2021 admit card on hand so they must mention the GATE registration number exactly as it appears on the GATE 2021 admit card.
- Scanned photograph and signature- Candidates must provide a scanned copy of their signature as well as a photograph.
- Candidates must have an active email address and a valid mobile phone number while filling out the GATE 2021 application form.
Explore: All About GATE Aptitude Syllabus
Candidates must register and fill out the application form by following the procedures outlined below.
Step 1- Candidates who pass the GATE 2021 test must register for ONGC Recruitment by filling out an online application form. They must submit their GATE registration number in order to register. Candidates must enter their GATE registration number exactly as it appears on their GATE 2021 admit card.
Step 2- Generation of OTP- A one-time password (OTP) will be provided to the candidate’s mobile number and email address, which must be entered to proceed to the next stage of filling out the application form for the ONGC recruitment through GATE 2021.
Step 3- After registering, candidates must fill out the ONGC application form with their academic, personal, GATE-related, and other information.
Step 4- Candidates may see all of the information they entered in the application form by logging in and providing their GATE 2021 and ONGC registration numbers.
Step 5- Once the applicants have completed the application form, they may submit it and examine all of the information they have provided. Following that, candidates can print a copy of their registration slip.
Step 6- The Candidates must submit the registration fee through challan at any State Bank of India branch (ONGC Power Jyoti A/C No. 30827318409 of SBI, Tel Bhavan, Dehradun). Candidates should retain a copy of the bank challan so that it may be confirmed by ONGC later.
- Rs.370 for General & OBC Category
- No fees payable for SC, ST & PWD
ONGC Recruitment through GATE 2021: Selection Process
- Candidates are shortlisted based on their GATE 2021 results and invited for an in-person interview.
- Such candidates must bring their original documents to the interview.
- It should be noted that applicants working in the public sector or for the government will be required to provide a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the organization in which they are employed.
- Candidates must fulfil the required medical standards set by ONGC after qualifying for the personal interview.
- A merit list will be developed for the final selection based on the characteristics listed below.
Weightage for Preparation of Final Merit List
|1.||Weightage of the shortlisted candidates||60 marks|
|2.||Verification of all submitted documents||25 marks|
|3.||Personal Interview||15 Marks|
How to apply online for ONGC (steps to follow)
After the result of the GATE 2021 test is declared by IIT Bombay, you may apply for ONGC recruitment through GATE 2021 by following these easy procedures.
Step 1 – Go to https://www.ongcindia.com/
Step 2- Go to the Online Application Link.
Step 3- Use the GATE registration number to register
Step 4- Submit the application
ONGC Salary through GATE 2021
To repay their workers’ labor, ONGC delivers the finest in the Oil & Gas business. ONGC engineer salary through GATE is in the Post E1 pay grade. Check out the details below to see how much ONGC pays their E1-level executives through GATE 2021.
|Post level||Basic Pay Scale||Allowances/compensations|
|E1||INR 60,000 – 1,80,000||According to business guidelines, the employee is entitled to 35 percent of his or her base salary as allowances under the Contributory Provident Fund, Dearness Allowance, Cafeteria Approach, Substantial Performance Related Pay, Conveyance Maintenance, HRA/Company Accommodation, and Composite Social Security Scheme. Mining Allowance, Gratuity, and Post-retirement Benefit Scheme Medical care for oneself and dependents.|