Cornell University is a private and statutory Ivy League research university in the USA. Cornell has emerged as a technologically innovative institution that applies its research to its campus and public relations. Cornell University is famous for providing a range of higher educational degrees across many disciplines. Cornell has an amazing infrastructure with unique buildings, classic columns, and a massive arch at the entrance. This blog introduces you to the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration!
|Name of University||Cornell University|
|Name of School||Cornell University School of Hotel Administration|
|Courses Offered||Hotel Administration, Hospitality, MMH/MBA|
|GMAT Score||700 or Higher|
|Cost of Living||$23,400-$42,000(₹17.48 Lacs-₹31.38 Lacs)|
|Tuition Fee||UG: $60,286(₹45.05 Lacs)PG: $29,500-$60,286(₹22.04 Lacs-₹45.05 Lacs)|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study at Cornell University School of Hotel Administration?
The Cornell School of Hotel Administration (SHA) provides students with the opportunity to gain access to the most pertinent and groundbreaking education. It aims at providing exceptionally good services to the students. It is one of the best Hotel Management colleges in the world. Offering courses such as BS in Hotel Administration, Master of Management in Hospitality and other online as well as in-person courses, it has built a vibrant community of students from around teh world. Here are a few reasons why you should choose the Cornell University School of Hotel Management for your further education:
- CEOWorld currently ranks Cornell University School of Hotel Administration at #2 in the Best Hospitality and Hotel Management Schools in the World for 2021.
- Cornell’s unique, innovative, AACSB-accredited hospitality management degree programs blend cutting-edge instruction with hands-on experiential learning.
- Their approach pairs traditional coursework with hands-on experiential opportunities. Cornell University School of Hotel Administration’s award-winning faculty includes research pioneers, industry experts, and outstanding educators who put their students’ success first.
Programs/Courses Offered & Tuition Fees
Following is a list of the top courses offered at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration:
|Program||Tuition Fees (USD per year)||Tuition Fees (INR per year)|
|Bachelor’s Degree Program in HotelAdministration||60,286||45.05 Lakhs|
|Master of Management in Hospitality(MMH)||60,286||45.05 Lakhs|
|MS in Hotel Administration||29,500||22.04 Lakhs|
|Executive Master of Management in Hospitality||90,429 (overall, paid in five instalments at the start of each program term)||67.57 Lakhs|
|PhD in Hotel Administration||29,500||22.04 Lakhs|
Cornell University School of Hotel Administration also provides Executive Education programs to accelerate the career of professionals and organizations with their acclaimed professional programs. These Executive Education programs are completely online. A few of them are listed below:
- Wines of France
- Advanced Hotel Revenue Management
- Data Analytics
- Hospitality Digital Marketing
- Hospitality Strategy
How to Apply at Cornell University School of Hotel Administration?
To Apply at Cornell University School of Hotel Administration, Prospective Students are required to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the website of the university and choose the course that you wish to apply for.
- Fill out the application form for the course chosen.
- Submit all the required documents to complete your application.
- Wait for the acceptance letter.
- After receiving the Letter of Acceptance, you must oay the deposit in order to confirm that you will be attending Cornell University School of Hotel Management.
- Then the visa application process begins!
- Copy of a valid passport
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS test scores)
- ACT/SAT/LSAT for UG programs, GMAT/GRE scores for PG programs
- Academic Transcripts from the previous study
- Academic Reference Letters, the number of reference letters depends from university to university
- Letters of Recommendation from the employer/manager (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Essays (if demanded by the university)
- Portfolio (for specific courses)
- Certificates of extracurricular activities
- Evidence of funds
Also Read: USA Student Visa Updates
Cost of Living in the USA
- The average cost of living in the USA is USD 23,400- 42,000. This comes to approximately INR 17.48 Lacs-31.38 Lacs. The cost of living varies greatly depending on the city you plan to live in.
- Studying in the USA costs one around USD 17,000-55,000 depending on whether you plan on going to a public university, private university or community college. This comes to approximately INR 12.7 lakhs- 41.2 lakhs.
Cornell University School of Hotel Administration is the least competitive school out of the entire Cornell University, with their acceptance rate being around 30%.
Cornell is known for awarding the world’s first degree in journalism, the nation’s first degree in veterinary medicine, and the first doctorates in electrical and industrial engineering. Cornell was the first U.S. university to offer a major in American studies.
Cornell University has the highest acceptance rate of all Ivy League Universities. It’s a large private university that offers over 100 different areas of studies through its many schools in undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education programs.
To sum it up, Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration is one of the top business schools in the world (as ranked by CEOWorld). Interested in pursuing a degree in Hotel Administration or related fields at Cornell University School of Hotel Administration? Contact and get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts on 1800-572-000 and kickstart your study abroad journey.