TANCET stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test and is administered by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of the state government for several postgraduate courses like MBA, MCA, M.E, M.Tech, M. Arch and M. Plan. TANCET is a state-level annual test and numerous colleges across Tamil Nadu accept its scores. The syllabus and dates for all the programmes are different and set by the conducting authority itself. If you are considering studying masters in technical and management courses from Tamil Nadu then here is a complete guide and all the details regarding one of the most important entrances in the state! In this blog, we have compiled all the important information regarding TANCET 2021 like Exam Dates, Eligibility and Registration and more!
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test is for admissions to master’s level courses at several universities and colleges across the state. Here are all the important dates for TANCET 2021:
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Examination Fee||Rs 600/- for General; Rs 300/- for SC/ST/SCA|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Late Date of Registration||16th February 2021 till 5 pm|
|Late Date for Application Corrections||23rd February 2021|
|Download Admit Card||5th March 2021|
|Entrance for M.C.A||20th March 2021 (10:00 am to 12:00 pm)|
|Entrance for M.B.A||20th March 2021 (2:30 pm to 4:30 pm)|
|Entrance for M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M. Plan||21st March 2021 (10:00 am to 12:00 pm)|
|Results to be declared||Before or on 16th April 2021|
|Marksheets can be downloaded||Before or on 20th April 2021|
Also Read: KCET Exam 2021
TANCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Here are the eligibility requirements for TANCET 2021:
- In the case of M.E/M.Tech programmes, candidates must have completed their B.E/B.Tech/B. Pharma/M.Sc degree depending on the specialisation requirements.
- In the case of M.Arch and M.Plan, the candidates must have a B.Arch and B.Plan/B.E in Civil Engineering/MA or M.Sc in Geography/Economics/Sociology/Social Work respectively.
- For MBA, a bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years of duration from a recognised institution with at least 50% (45% in the case of candidates from reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
- Candidates with 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE can apply for all the given courses.
- For MCA, the applicant must have a bachelor’s degree of a minimum of 3 years duration in B.C.A. or B.Sc. (Information Technology / Computer Science or equivalent), or bachelor’s degree of a minimum of 3 years duration in equivalent courses with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level or in graduation programme with at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates from reserved category) in the qualifying degree examinations.
The entire registration process is online. Candidates can register on the official website for TANCET, fill out the application form, pay online and print out the application once all the formalities are completed. Documents needed for the registration process are:
- Both the 10th class and 12th class registration or roll number document showing the year of passing
- Diploma students must produce their diploma registration/roll number and the year of passing
- Community Certificate for SC/ST/SCA
- Passport-size photo and signature
TANCET is a state-level exam conducted in the following cities:
Check Out: TS ICET 2021
The exam pattern is different for each programme and all the questions are in MCQ format. It is an offline exam and no marks are deducted for unanswered questions. Here all the details:
|Course||Total Questions||Total Marks||Negative Marking|
|Sections||Total Questions||Total Marks||Negative Marking|
The entrance test question paper for M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan contains two common parts: Part 1 and 2 while Part 3 contains questions related to the chosen discipline/specialisation.
- Part – 1 – Engineering Mathematics
- Part – 2 – Basic Engineering & Sciences
- Part – 3 – Different disciplines
Check Out: How to Prepare for Competitive Exams
TANCET syllabus for each course differs so we have detailed the sections for MBA, MCA and M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan courses below:
The exam paper for MBA contains 100 objective questions from different topics such as:
- Data analysis and data applications for business decisions under certain situations
- English comprehension
- Mathematical problems at graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level
- Data sufficiency questions including questions on mathematics and everyday facts
- Written proficiency in the English language and errors in usage, grammar, punctuation, etc.
The question paper for MCA has 100 questions from sections like:
- Quantitative ability
- Analytical reasoning
- Logical reasoning
- Computer awareness
- May contain some questions from topics like Verbal Activity and Basic Science
The question paper contains three parts, part 1 and part 2 are common for all the courses while part 3 is specific to the chosen specialisation. The total marks for the paper are 100 marks and the third part has the most weightage.
- Part 1: Engineering Mathematics: Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration, Determinants and Matrices, Vector Calculus, Numerical Methods and Applied Probability, Calculus and Differential Equations, Transforms
- Part 2: Basic Engineering and Sciences: Applied Mechanics, Physics, Material Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computers and Chemistry,
- Part 3 – Specialisations: The questions will be related to the chosen discipline.
This was all the pertinent information about TANCET 2021! Giving this entrance exam is an excellent plan for all those who wish to study in Tamil Nadu. It opens up several academic and consequent placement opportunities in the state in areas like management, engineering, architecture, computer science and planning. If you are still confused about where to pursue your masters then sign up for a session with our experts at Leverage Edu and let them guide you in your quest for the dream college!