The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) 2022 is an entrance exam held by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani, for undergraduate engineering programs (BE) at the institute’s three campuses in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. After passing the entrance test, students will be given admission to BE, BPharm, and MSc programs. In this blog, you’ll know about all the important details of this exam like the BITSAT 2022 exam dates, the application process, and much more!
This Blog Includes:
- What is BITSAT Exam?
- BITSAT 2022 Highlights
- BITSAT 2022 Exam Dates
- BITSAT 2022 Application Process
- BITSAT 2022 Application Fee
- BITSAT 2022 Courses Offered
- BITSAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Direct Board Admissions
- BITSAT 2022 Exam Pattern
- BITSAT 2022 Preparation Tips
- Syllabus for BITSAT 2022
- Examination Centres for BITSAT 2022
- BITSAT 2022 Admit Card
- BITSAT 2022 Slot Booking
- BITSAT 2022 Exam Result
- BITSAT 2022 Cut-Off
What is BITSAT Exam?
BITS Pilani administers the Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test, a national-level admission exam. Every year, BITSAT is held to give admission to B.E., B.Pharm, M.Sc., and other courses at BITS campuses. The BITSAT test is taken by about 3 lakh people every year.
BITSAT 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT), 2022|
|Conducting Body||BITS Pilani|
|Exam Level||University-based National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based Test|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
BITSAT 2022 Exam Dates
|Commencement of Registration Process||14th March 2022|
|Last Date to Register||21st May 2022|
|Application form correction||17th May 2022 to 23rd May 2022|
|Allotment of Exam Center||26th May 2022|
|Slot booking||28th May 2022 to 1st June 2022|
|Admit card availability||4th June 2022|
|BITSAT 2022 Exam – Session I||20 June 2022 to 26th June 2022|
|Availability of Application form for Session II||23rd June 2022|
|Final date to apply for Session II||07th July 2022|
|Test center allotment||09th July 2022|
|Slot booking||11th July 2022 to 16th July 2022|
|Availability of admit card||18th July 2022|
|BITSAT 2022 Exam – Session II||22nd July 2022 to 26th July 2022|
|Apply for admission based on class 12 marks||22nd Jun 2022 to 05th August 2022|
|Editing of preferences application form||01st August 2022 to 05th August 2022|
|Admit list and waitlist announcement||08th August 2022|
|Last date for seat allotment||To be notified|
BITSAT 2022 Application Process
- Registration: You must first register by providing a valid email address and cell phone number. BITS Pilani will use the same for any exam-related communications.
- Fill out the form: After successfully registering, you must fill out the online BITSAT 2022 application form with your personal, communication, and academic information. In addition, you must choose three exam centres in order of preference.
- Uploading documents: The following step requires you to upload scanned photos of their signatures and photographs in the format specified.
- Payment of application fee: Students must pay the BITSAT 2022 application fee online using net banking, credit or debit cards, or UPI after completing all of their information and submitting their papers.
- BITSAT application form submission: After paying the money, students must submit their application form. Before submitting the final version, they must double-check all of the information and documents.
BITSAT 2022 Application Fee
There are no refunds or transfers on the application fee. The cost can be paid using a credit card, debit card, UPI, or net banking.
- Boys: INR 3,400/- (1st Session) INR 5,400/- (Both Sessions)
- Girls: INR 2,900/- (1st Session) INR 4,400/- (Both Sessions)
BITSAT 2022 Courses Offered
- BITS Pilani – Pilani Campus:
- BE: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, and Manufacturing
- MSc: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, and General Studies
- BITS, Pilani – K K Birla Goa Campus:
- BE: Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
- MSc: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
- BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus:
- BE: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, and Mechanical
- MSc: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics
BITSAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- For admission to all the above programs except B.Pharm: You must have passed the 12th examination of the 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English for admission.
- For admission to B. Pharm: You must have passed the 12th grade (10+2) test in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent, as well as have appropriate English skills. Candidates with PCM, on the other hand, may apply to the Pharmacy program.
Additional eligibility requirements for all the subjects:
- In the 12th examination, you must have received a minimum of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (if you took Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (if you took Biology in BITSAT) with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- The BITSAT 2022 test is only for the students who are taking their 12th examination in 2022 or who have already completed it in 2021. If you took more than one attempt in 12th grade or its equivalent, only your most recent performance is considered, provided that this attempt included the entire set of subjects/courses required. Students who completed their 12th grade in 2020 or earlier are not eligible to take the BITSAT 2022.
- Admissions will be made solely based on merit. Your merit standing for admission will be determined by your performance on the BITSAT 2022.
Direct Board Admissions
Regardless of their BITSAT 2022 score as per the eligibility criteria, first-place students from State and Central boards in India for the year 2022 would be allowed direct admission to the program of their choice. By July 10th, 2022, the detailed eligibility requirements, application method, and prescribed application form will be published.
BITSAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Check out these key facts about the question paper pattern.
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based Test (CBT)|
|Number of Questions||130|
|Number of Sections||4|
|Marking Scheme||+3 marks for every correct answer and -1 mark for every incorrect answer.|
Section-wise distribution of questions is given in the table below.
|Section||Subject||No of Questions|
|3||(A): English Proficiency(B): Logical Reasoning||(A):10(B):20|
|4||Biology/ Mathematics (For B.Pharm)||40|
BITSAT 2022 Preparation Tips
A candidate taking the exam must answer a question in about 72 seconds. Even the needed cutoff marks for admission are pretty high. As a result, it is advised that applicants attempt as many questions as possible and follow the guidelines listed below. BITSAT 2022 Exam Preparation Tips to Achieve High Scores
- Take a few quick notes: Short notes covering all of the main concepts and points should be taken. You can keep track of short formulae, reactions, and derivations for each topic in one place.
- Examine BITSAT sample papers and previous year’s papers.: Solving previous year’s papers and sample papers can assist students in determining whether areas or topics require additional attention. Students will also be able to learn about the most commonly asked questions in the paper.
- BITSAT Mock Test Practice: Close to the exam date, the mock test series is made available online. Students can take BITSAT practice examinations to gain a feel for the paper layout, types of questions offered, and so on. The student will be able to determine which areas he or she did well in and which areas require further preparation based on the results.
- Organizing your time: Prepare a timetable and divide the subjects into groups based on the number of topics to be covered. A timetable will assist students in planning and completing their preparation on time, allowing them to devote time to answer the previous year’s papers.
Syllabus for BITSAT 2022
The BITSAT syllabus is the same as the NCERT syllabus for classes 11 and 12. The exam will include questions based on physics, chemistry, biology/mathematics, logical reasoning, and English proficiency concepts. Check out the detailed syllabus given below.
- Physics: Units and Measurements, Kinematics, Newton’s laws of motion, Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Oscillations, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current, Electromagnetic Induction, Optics, Modern Physics, Electronic Devices.
- Chemistry: States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Hydrogen, and s-block Elements, p-d and f block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbon, Stereochemistry, Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen, Biological, Industrial and Environmental chemistry, Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry.
- English Proficiency: Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Composition
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal Reasoning like Analogy, Classification, Series Completion, Logical Deduction, Chart Logic and Non-Verbal Reasoning like Pattern Perception, Figure Formation, and Analysis, Paper Cutting, Figure Matrix, Rule Detection.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Vectors, Statistics, Linear Programming, Mathematical modelling.
- Biology: Diversity in Living World, Cell: The Unit of Life, Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function – Plants, Structure, and Function – Animals, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, Reproduction and Development in Humans, Ecology and Environment, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its Applications.
Examination Centres for BITSAT 2022
Find out if your city has an examination centre for BITSAT from the following table.
|Kathmandu||Nasik||Hyderabad Campus of BITS|
|Allahabad||Pilani Campus of BITS||Jabalpur|
|Kolkata||Dubai Campus of BITS||Tirupati|
|Madura||Goa Campus of BITS||Vadodara|
This is a tentative list of Session 1 and Session 2 centres that will be finalized based on the number of applications received. You can check the official notification of the BITSAT 2022 Examination for more details!
BITSAT 2022 Admit Card
The BITSAT 2022 Admit Card will be available around 2-3 weeks before the test day. Each enrolled applicant will get an admission card through the internet from the exam administering body.
- The BITST admit card 2022 will be the most vital document to carry with you on exam day, as no candidates will be allowed to take the exam unless they have a valid admit саrd.
- Candidates must notify any discrepancy or wrong information on the Admission Card to the conducting authority promptly so that a fresh admit card with the proper information may be generated.
BITSAT 2022 Slot Booking
The exam conducting authority will manage the slot booking process after a few days of registration. From May 28, 2022, through June 1, 2022, the online slot booking process will be available. During the BITSAT slot booking procedure, candidates will be able to pick their chosen day and time within the offered intervals.
- BITSAT 2022 will be hosted in 61 locations across India, as well as in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, as an international center. Candidates can schedule a seat for the BITSAT 2022 exam by selecting their preferred test day and time. The first-come, first-served policy applies to slot bookings. Students have the option of selecting one of two-time slots:
- Slot 1: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Slot 2: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
BITSAT 2022 Exam Result
The exam conducting authority will publish the BITSAT result on the official website when the exam is over. Through their application number and password, applicants will be able to access their BITSAT result 2022. The total number of right and incorrect answers are listed in the BITSAT result. The BITSAT score report will also be posted on the BITS admissions website so that candidates may verify if they missed it. The authorities will announce a BITSAT 2022 merit list for admission based on the results of the applicants who took the test.
The merit lists will be issued in two parts: one for M.Sc and B.Tech programs, and another for B.Pharmacy courses. Later, the exam authorities will disclose the BITSAT 2022 iteration result, which will include an admit list and a waitlist. How do I verify the BITSAT 2022 result?
- Visit the BITSAT official website.
- Click on the result link.
- Enter your application number and password
- Click on the submit button.
- BITSAT result/scorecard will appear on the screen.
- Download it as a PDF file.
BITSAT 2022 Cut-Off
The BITSAT cutoff is the minimum score that a candidate must get to be considered for admission to any of the BITS institutions. Candidates must score at least equal to or higher than the BITSAT 2022 cutoff to have a fair probability of admission. To prepare for the BITSAT cutoff, officials would analyze facts such as the number of available seats, applications for admission received, and applicant scores. The BITSAT 2022 cutoff will be issued for each BITS institute and program independently. The BITSAT cutoff will be announced for each iteration or round of seat allocation. Candidates should also keep in mind that each cutoff list will be divided into two sections: a basic round-specific cutoff and a wait-list cutoff.
Yes, the application forms are out for BITSAT 2022.
Students who completed their 12th grade in 2020 or earlier are not eligible to take the BITSAT 2022. Students enrolled in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to take the BITSAT 2022 exam. Admissions will be given solely on the basis of merit.
While the average score for BITSAT 2022 is more than 300, 290+ points are regarded as sufficient for admission to other branches.
1.5 lakh students (on average) sit for the BITSAT exam, with only 2000 seats given. The ratio of selection is 68.
These were all of the details about the BITSAT engineering entrance exam. Visit Leverage Edu for more details and updates regarding the exams!