To recruit various lucrative posts for Bihar state administration, BPSC (Bihar Public Service Commission) has a dominant role to play. It is considered the most promising and reputed competitive examination to that gets Rural Development Office, and District Sanpark Officers on board. The managing body of the examination is in its full swing to examine for the year 2022, its notification will be released on the first weak of July this year. In this blog, we will take you deep through the BPSC exam pattern BPSC mains syllabus and other syllabi for each section.
Also read: MPSC Syllabus
This Blog Includes:
BPSC Exam Pattern 2022
Aspirants should know the examination pattern for BPSC to appear for the test. It is important to note that the BPSC test is being conducted in three successive stages, Preliminary, Mains as well as Interview. Let’s take a look at the BPSC exam pattern 2022:
|Examination Stage||Type of Examination||Mode||Max. Marks||Total Duration|
|Preliminary||Objective||Offline Based||150||160 Minutes|
|Mains||Descriptive||Offline Based||900 (3 Papers of
300 marks each)
|3 Hours for each Paper|
|Personal Interview||Face to face||Offline Based||120||–|
BPSC Exam Syllabus 2022
Certainly, keeping abreast with the BPSC syllabus will help you go way ahead. Since the BPSC exam pattern is divided into three main stages and a detailed syllabus has been prescribed for the Prelims and Mains exam. Glance through the level-wise BPSC syllabus in the following sections
|General Science||Geography (mainly Geography of Bihar)|
|Events of national and
|Indian Polity and Economy|
|History of Bihar and Indian History||Changes in the economy of Bihar post-independence|
|Indian National Movement and the Role of Bihar||General Mental Ability.|
|Indian Political System||Panchayati Raj|
|Community Development||Planning in India and Bihar|
BPSC Mains Exam Pattern
Under the Mains level of the BPSC exam pattern, there are three papers, i.e General Hindi, General Studies (2 levels), and an optional subject. Take a look at the BPSC exam pattern for the Mains level below:
|Name of Exam||Combined Competitive Exam (Mains)|
|Examination Conducting Body||Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC)|
|No of Papers|| Total of 4
General Hindi – Qualifying Paper
General Studies 1 (300 marks)
General Studies 2 (300 marks)Optional Subject (300 marks)
|BPSC Syllabus||General Hindi (Secondary Level)
Essay – 30 marks
Grammar – 30 marks
Syntax – 25 marks precise/Summary – 15 marks
BPSC Syllabus 2022 for Mains Exam
|General Studies 1st||General Studies 2nd|
Modern History of India
(mid 19th century onwards)
Contemporary events of national
and international importance
Statistical Analysis, diagrams, and graphs.
Important personalities –
Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and
Western Education and Technical
Education in Bihar
Role of Bihar in the Indian National Movement
1857 war of independence
Quit India Movement 1942
Mauryan and Pal Art
Patna Kalam Paintings
Analysis of graphical/diagrammatical/
|Indian (and Bihar) Polity
Indian (and Bihar) Economy
Indian (and Bihar) Geography
Role and impact of Science and
Technology in the development of India (and Bihar)
Note: The General Hindi syllabus for the BPSC Mains exam can be explored in detail at the official website.
|English Language and Literature||Urdu Language and Literature||Hindi Language and Literature|
|Persian Language and Literature||Arabic Language and Literature||Pali Language and Literature|
|Maithili Language and Literature||Bangla Language and Literature||Maithili Language and Literature|
|Sanskrit Language and Literature||Chemistry||Sociology|
|Political Science and International Relations||Psychology||Public Administration|
|Labour and Social Welfare||Management||Mathematics|
|Economics||Commerce and Accountancy||Electrical Engineering|
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Anthropology||–|
BPSC 2022: Personal Interview Pattern
The exam will be consisting of 120 marks. The final merit list will be made as per the total marks of mains (900 marks) and interview test (120 marks).
Also read: SSC CGL Syllabus
BPSC Interview Test
All candidates who clear the BPSC Mains Exam are then called for an interview. The interview is done by the board appointed by the Commission. The main fields upon which the questions are based are mentioned below.
- The Board will have before them the record of the candidate and the application form felled by him/ her. They will be reviewing the interests mentioned by the candidate.
- The personal suitability of the candidate is checked by the Board in the state services. The people comprising this board are unbiased and competent.
- The personality test is also conducted to gauge if the candidate has knowledge about the current affairs outside and within the state.
- The main purpose of the interview is to explore the mental makeup and qualities as well as the analytical ability of the candidate.
BPSC Marking Scheme
- Marks of BPSC Prelims Paper be considered for qualifying candidates for the main exam.
- There will be no negative marking in the BPSC exam.
- BPSC Prelims is screening in nature.
- All the questions are set in English and Hindi except for those questions which are meant to test the candidate’s knowledge of English.
BPSC Exam Points to Remember
Mentioned below are the important points to be remembered regarding the BPSC exam pattern.
- All candidates have to qualify and clear the General Hindi exam to get their General Awareness sheet checked by the Commission.
- The General Studies questions are available both in Hindi and English.
- The total 900 marks in GS Paper 1 and 2 and the optional paper will help in leading to the score.
- The candidates who get their names in the merit section will be called for a personal interview.
- There will be no negative marking in the descriptive question papers.
- All the papers need to be qualified by the candidates to be called for a personal interview.
- This round is qualifying and scoring in nature.
Popular Books for BPSC Exam Preparation
Here is the list of popular resourceful books that you can add to the study materials to prepare for the BPSC exam pattern and syllabus.
|Name of the book||Author||Link|
|Indian Polity||Laxmikanth||Buy Here!|
|History||Bipin Chandra||Buy Here!|
|Economy||Ramesh Singh||Buy Here!|
|Geography||Majid Hussain||Buy Here!|
|India Yearbook||Publications Division
Government of India
|Ancient Indian History||RS Sharma||Buy Here!|
|Medieval India History||Satish Chandra||Buy Here!|
|Art and Culture||Nitin Singhania||Buy Here!|
|General Knowledge||Lucent||Buy Here!|
|Indian Economy||Shanker Ganesh||Buy Here!|
Check Out: IAS Books
The BPSC exam pattern along with the syllabus is given in this post of Leverage Edu.
There is a total of 533 vacancies.
The BPSC Mains exam consists of four papers.
The DSP in the Police Department is the highest position in the BPSC.
Thus, we hope this comprehensive blog helped you explore the BPSC exam pattern and syllabus. If you are confused about which path aligns with your interests and aspirations, book an e-meeting with our experts at Leverage Edu and we will help you in making an informed decision to progress toward your dream career!