The full form of KEAM stands for the Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical and the application process for the KEAM entrance exam 2022 is due to start in the month of March. It is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examination under the aegis of the Kerala government. The entrance exam is for admissions to undergraduate professional courses in subject areas like Engineering, Medicine, Fisheries, Architecture, Ayurveda, Pharmacy, Forestry, Agriculture and Veterinary. Over 145 colleges across the state of Kerela accept KEAM score for admissions. If you are planning to study pursuing higher studies in Kerala here is all the relevant information for KEAM 2022!
KEAM 2022 Highlights
|Mode of Exam||Offline (pen and paper exam)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Duration||Two and a half-hour|
|Number of Papers||Paper 1 and Paper 2|
|Number of Sections||Physics & Chemistry and Mathematics|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||Each paper contains 120 questions|
|Marks per Question||4 marks for every correct answer|
KEAM is an annual exam conducted in all the districts of Kerala, Mumbai, New Delhi and even Dubai. The exam is the gateway to professional courses offered by private and government colleges of Kerala. After the results are announced, the administering body releases separate rank lists for the Engineering course, Architecture course, Medicine and Architecture and Pharma course.
KEAM Dates 2022
The exam dates for KEAM are have not been announced till now. Here are the tentative dates for the exam.
|Registration opens||February 2022 1st week (Tentative)|
|Last day for application submission||February 2022 2nd week|
|Release of admit card||July 2022|
|Exam dates||July 2022|
Candidates can go through the details mentioned below to know about the KEAM 2022 Application fee.
|General Category||Engineering only / B. Pharm only / Both||INR 700|
|General Category||Architecture only / Medical only / Both||INR 500|
|General Category||Engineering only / B. Pharm only / Both AND Architecture only / Medical only / both||INR 900|
|Reserved category||Engineering only / B. Pharm only / Both||INR 300|
|Reserved category||Architecture only / Medical only / Both||INR 200|
|Reserved category||Engineering only / B. Pharm only / Both AND Architecture only / Medical only / Both||INR 400|
Here are the major eligibility requirements for the KEAM entrance exam 2022:
- Candidates must upload certain certificates containing information to prove their nativity in the application form.
- The age limit of KEAM is 17 years with no maximum limit.
- Medical and Allied courses: Candidates must have subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English in 10+ 2 with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised institution.
- Engineering courses: Candidates who have qualified 12th exam with compulsory subjects like Physics & Maths and the optional subject of Chemistry/Computer Science/Biotechnology/Biology with a minimum of 45% marks are eligible.
- Architecture courses: Candidates must have Physics, Maths and Chemistry in the qualifying examination and a minimum aggregate of 50% in 10+2 for admissions.
- Pharma courses: Candidates must have Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and Biology or Mathematics as optional subjects to apply for the exam.
Important: Candidates applying for Medical and Allied courses must appear for NEET-UG 2022, candidates appearing for Pharma courses must appear for Paper 1 (Physics and Chemistry) only and candidates interested in Architecture courses must appear for NATA 2022.
The entire registration process is online. Candidates can visit the official website to fill out the application form and upload the documents All candidates belonging to the General and SC category have to pay an examination fee for the application form while the ST category is exempted.
- Visit the official website: www.cee.kerala.gov.in, find the link for KEAM 2022 Online Application and create an account.
- Fill out all the basic information carefully.
- Pay the Application Fees
- Upload all the relevant documents
- Print the confirmation receipt and application form for future use.
The core subjects of the KEAM 2022 Exam Syllabus consists of the topics taught in the grade 11th and 12th. The syllabus includes three subjects which are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Applicants can go through the mentioned table to get the details about the KEAM 2022 Exam Syllabus.
|Chemistry||Basic Concepts and Atomic Structure
States of Matter
Periodic Properties of Elements and Hydrogen
Units and measurements
Motion in one dimension
Laws of Motions
Motion in Two and Three Dimensions
WavesMechanics of Solids and Fluids
Dual nature of matter and radiations
KEAM 2022 Courses
KEAM entrance exam provides admissions to a plethora of professional courses such as:
- Medical Science Courses: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS), Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS), Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS).
- Applied courses: Bachelor of Science – Agriculture, Bachelor of Fisheries Science, Bachelor of Science – Forestry and Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (BVSAH).
- Engineering courses: Bachelors of Technology (Agri. Engg.), B.Tech (Food Technology) and B.Tech.
- Architecture courses: Bachelor of Architecture
- Pharma courses: Bachelor of Pharmacy
KEAM 2022 Exam Pattern
The KEAM for engineering courses contains two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 contains questions from Physics and Chemistry while Paper 2 contains questions from Mathematics. Both papers have multiple choice questions and are offline tests. Each paper is for 150 minutes.
|KEAM test||Subject||Total Questions||Marks per question||Negative Marking|
|Paper 1||Physics and Chemistry||120||4||-1|
Important: Candidates interested in engineering courses must appear for Paper 1 and Paper 2 while candidates interested in pharmacy courses must give Paper 1.
The results are announced by the Commission of Entrance Exams after exams are completed and the answer key has been released for contestation. Candidates can check the results on the official after which the conducting body releases a separate rank list for every course.
This is all about the upcoming KEAM entrance exam 2022. Conflicted about which course to pursue after 12th then get in touch with Leverage Edu and let our experts guide you! Sign up now for a free session with us.