Ayurveda and Homeopathy are considered some of the most popular sources of alternative medicine. All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test, commonly known as AIAPGET, is an entrance examination used to grant admissions for postgraduate courses in Ayurveda, Homeopathy etc. and is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). This blog will cover all the relevant information regarding the entrance examination, such as eligibility, admission process, courses offered, etc.
Must Read: BNYS Course
This Blog Includes:
AIAPGET is conducted once a year in online mode and provides the students with an option to pursue MD in the stated disciplines of study. Here are some key highlights regarding the examination:
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Exam Duration||90 minutes|
|Application Fee||INR 2500|
|Exam Name||All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test|
Tabulated below are the important dates which must be kept in mind by those who are interested in AIAPGET 2021.
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Registration Date||March 2021 (Tentatively)|
|Downloading of Admit Card||July 2021|
Before registering for the examination, candidates need to check the eligibility criteria for the entrance examination. The eligibility criteria for AIAPGET 2021 is as follows:
- Candidates must have completed their UG programme with a minimum aggregate percentage of 50%.
- To become eligible for the entrance examination, the candidates need to complete their full one-year internship.
- Candidates must have a complete or provisional degree in BAMS/BSMS/BHMS/BUMS.
- The candidates must have a permanent or provisional registration certificate of BAMS/BSMS/BHMS/BUMS issued by any state board or university.
Also Read Courses after BHMS
The most important thing before setting for AIAPGET or any other entrance examination for that matter is to get yourself familiarized with the exam pattern and give as many mock tests as you can so that you can be prepared for any surprises that come your way during the actual exam. The exam is held for the following disciplines:
The examination’s total weightage is 400 marks as each right answer carries 4 marks each, whereas every wrong answer deducts one mark. The distribution for the questions is as follows:
- Homoeopathy- 100 questions
- Siddha- 100 questions
- Ayurveda- 100 questions
The application process of AIAPGET is most likely to be started by the start of May, 2021 and end by June, 2021. Here is the step by step application procedure-
- Candidates need to visit the official website of the entrance examination and look for an online application form.
- The candidates need to submit their photograph, signature, and some other necessary documents only in the prescribed format to submit the application form.
- During the application form submission, applicants also need to deposit their application fees through the online mode itself.
- After the submission of the application form, applicants will be able to check their application status continuously.
- The most important thing to notice is that candidates can only submit one application form, and their candidature will automatically be withdrawn if they are found applying twice or more.
Mentioned below are the important documents required to be submitted for AIAPGET. They are:
- Identity Proof- Aadhar card, Ration card, passport etc.
- Scanned photograph
- Scanned signature image
- Qualifying degree mark sheets
- Qualifying degree certificate
Must Read: MD Homeopathy
All the candidates will be alloted different test centres which will be clearly mentioned on their admit card. Here is a list of test centres available for the year 2021:
- Delhi NCR
The final step in the entrance examination is the declaration of the result. As already mentioned above that the result of 2021 is expected to be released in August 2021. After the examination, NTA will release a merit list which contains the names of the students selected. First, a complete list of Ayurveda, Siddha etc., is published, which is followed by a combined merit list declared by the Ministry of Ayush. The exam results are only valid for that year, meaning that they can’t use the same scores in the next financial year.
Explore Homeopathy Courses
This was all about the All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test. We hope that this blog provided you with all the relevant information you were looking for regarding the AIAPGET examination and helped you prepare. Still, confused about which career path to choose for yourself? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts to understand different career options, choose what’s best for yourself, and get complete assistance in getting admission to your dream university. Sign up for a free session with us now!