JET Agriculture is a national-level entrance exam for offering admission to agriculture courses. This entrance exam is conducted by Agriculture University, Kota. A number of agricultural colleges and universities offer admission on the basis of JET scores for courses in disciplines like – Agriculture, Horticulture, Home Science and Fisheries Science. The entrance exam is conducted in a pen-paper-based test mode. Know more about the JET Agriculture exam, its syllabus, eligibility and more through this blog.
This Blog Includes:
|Exam||Joint Entrance Test for Agriculture|
|Conducting Authority||Agriculture University, Kota|
|Mode of the examination||Pen Paper-Based Test|
|Frequency of exam||Once a Year|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Seats Intake||More than 600|
|Courses offered||BSc, BFSc|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Fee||INR 1,400 (General Category)
INR 1,150 ( SC/ST/SAP (40% and above disability) of Rajasthan residents )
INR 1,400 ( SC/ST/PwD outside of Rajasthan )
|Exam Date||14th May 2023|
When planning to give a competitive exam it is extremely important for a candidate to stay updated with the important dates in order to not miss deadlines. The table below contains various important dates and events related to the JET Agriculture entrance exam:
|Release of Notification||18th February 2023|
|Application Form Available||20th February 2023|
|Deadline for Application Submission||27th March 2023|
|Last date for application submission with a late fee of INR 500||30th March 2023|
|Correction Window||Till 3rd April 2023|
|Admit Card Release||8th May 2023|
|Date of Entrance Exam||14th May 2023|
|Release of Answer Key||19th May 2023|
|Last Date of Challenging||22nd May 2023|
|Declaration of Result||31st May 2023|
Courses Available Through OPEN MAT
Through JET Agriculture, students are eligible for admission to a list of courses offered by a number of universities. We have listed the courses below :
- BSc Agriculture
- BSc Forestry
- BSc Horticulture
- BTech Dairy Technology
- BTech Food Technology
- BSc Food Nutrition and Dietetics
- BSc Community Science
The eligibility criteria for candidates who wish to apply for the JET Agriculture as prescribed by the conducting authority is mentioned below :
- Students must have completed the class 12th qualifying examination conducted by the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education or equivalent board.
- Only those candidates are offered admission who are residents of the state and have studied continuously for the past three years before qualifying examination from schools located in Rajasthan state(except for reserved seats).
- Students must have secured at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination if belonging to unreserved categories.
- For students belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ MBC/ EWS category, they must have secured at least 45% marks.
- There is no minimum age limit specified, however, the candidate must not be more than 25 years as of the 2023 admission time.
- Students must have had a combination of the following subjects in the Science/Agriculture stream i.e.
Documents Needed for JET Agriculture
Before registering for the exam, all applicants must ensure that they have the following documentation and details available. Candidates shall have the following records on them:
- Scanned most recent photographs (sizes ranging from 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only.
- Scanned signature (size 4 kb to 30 kb) only in JPG/JPEG format
- Aadhaar number, Election card, Passport number/ Ration card number/ PAN number, or some other identification evidence from the government
- Mobile phone number and email address
- Bank details for fee payment
- Mark sheets for details
How to Apply for JET Agriculture
We have described below the detailed procedure that students are required to follow for applying for JET Agriculture:
- Registration: Aspirants must log on to the official website and Apply Online. Fill in the required details to get a unique id and password to go further with the application process.
- Submit Application Form: After successful registration, aspirants must fill the application form with accurate and necessary information the form asks for. The application form is divided into three sections – Personal Details, Qualification of Details and Successfully uploading documents.
- Application Fees: The final step would be the payment of application fees to successfully complete the form.
The application fees for JET Agriculture can be paid through online mode – credit card/debit card and net banking. The application fees for each category have been given here –
- INR 1,400 (General Category)
- INR 1,150 ( SC/ST/SAP (40% and above disability) of Rajasthan residents )
- INR 1,400 ( SC/ST/PwD outside of Rajasthan )
JET Agriculture Paper Pattern
|Type of Questions||MCQ based|
|Marking Scheme||+4 – Correct Answer-1 – Incorrect Answer|
JET Agriculture Paper Sections
The JET Agriculture paper is divided into sections with a number of questions being asked from each. We have listed the sectional breakdown below –
- Agriculture – 40 questions
- Biology – 40 questions
- Chemistry – 40 questions
- Physics – 40 questions
- Mathematics – 40 questions
Exam Day Guidelines – JET Agriculture
Students must follow the exam day guidelines as given in the admit card or specified at the time of applying.
- Aspirants should carry their admit card and it should not be in a digital or scanned format.
- Aspirants must reach the exam centre an hour before the exam to avoid any delay.
- Aspirants are not allowed to carry any electronic devices to the exam venue.
- Aspirants must carry a photo identity proof along with the admit card which could be any of these – Aadhar Card, Passport, Pan Card, Voter ID Card, Driver’s License
How to Check the Result?
Candidates will be able to see their results by logging in with their login information, including their registration number, birth date, and protection pin. After reviewing the result, candidates can download and print their results.
No, the form cannot be filled in an offline mode.
The results are likely to be declared in the last week of May.
The exam will be conducted on 14th May 2023.
We hope this blog was helpful and informative. To read more informative articles like this one, keep following Leverage Edu.