The RBI Assistant Exam 2023 notification was released on 13th September 2023 on the official website of the Reserve Bank of India. A total of 450 vacancies are to be filled for the position of assistants at government banks. Bank exams like the RBI Assistant exam consist of three stages: Preliminary exam, Mains, and Language Proficiency Test. The patterns for both exams differ in their nature. The mode of exams will be computer-based online tests for both prelims and mains and exams will be available in Hindi and English languages. Read more to know about the RBI Assistant exam 2023.
This Blog Includes:
- RBI Assistant Exam: Highlights
- RBI Assistant Exam Important Dates 2023
- RBI Assistant Recruitment 2023 Important Dates
- RBI Assistant Exam Eligibility Criteria
- RBI Assistant Exam Vacancy
- RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
- RBI Assistant Exam Syllabus
- RBI Assistant Exam Registration Process
- RBI Assistant Exam Online Application
- RBI Assistant Selection Process
- Application Fee for RBI Assistant Exam
- RBI Assistant 2023 Admit Card & Call Letter
- RBI Assistant 2023 Salary
- RBI Assistant Exam 2023 Result
- RBI Assistant Exam Cut-Off
- RBI Assistant Job Description and Responsibilities
- RBI Assistant Preparation Tips
RBI Assistant Exam: Highlights
|Conducting Authority||Reserve Bank of India (RBI)|
|Examination Name||RBI Assistant Recruitment Exam|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Notification Released On||13th September 2023|
Mains Exam and Language Proficiency
|Application Fee||Gen/OBC/EWS: PWD0
RBI Assistant Exam Important Dates 2023
|RBI Assistant Notification||TBA|
|Online Application Form Released||TBA|
|RBI Assistant Prelims Admit Card||TBA|
|RBI Assistant Prelims Exam Date||TBA|
|RBI Assistant Result For Prelims||TBA|
|RBI Assistant Mains Exam Date||TBA|
RBI Assistant Recruitment 2023 Important Dates
Along with the official RBI Assistant 2023 Notification, the RBI will release the RBI Assistant 2023 Exam Dates. The RBI Assistant exam is held in multiple shifts in various cities around India. The tentative significant dates for RBI Assistant Exam 2023 are as follows:
|RBI Assistant 2023: Important Dates|
|RBI Assistant Notification 2023||March 2023 (tentative)|
|RBI Assistant Apply Online Start Date||To be notified soon|
|Online Application Form Last Date||To be notified soon|
|The download of the RBI Assistant Prelims Admit Card||—-|
|RBI Assistant Preliminary Exam Date||—-|
|RBI Assistant Result for Preliminary Exam||—-|
|RBI Assistant Mains Exam Date||—-|
RBI Assistant Exam Eligibility Criteria
In order to become eligible for the RBI Assistant exam 2023, candidates must fulfil all the requirements. The RBI Assistant examination eligibility requirements include age limit and education qualification. Below we have discussed the eligibility criteria for this exam.
Candidates have to be between the ages of 20 and 28 as of December 1, 2019. There are relaxations as per the categories you belong to like:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 Years|
|Other Backward Classes||3 Years|
|Persons with Disabilities||10 Years for Gen/EWS, 13 Years for OBC, and 15 Years for SC/ST|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered in the Armed Forces. Plus additional 3 with a maximum age limit of 50|
|Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated and not re-married||10 Years|
|Candidates domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 Years|
|Candidates having work experience in RBI||To the extent of the number of years, a maximum of 3 years|
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks. For other categories, high school pass certificates are enough.
- Candidates must know how to word processes on the computer.
- Candidates should be fluent in the language of the area they are applying for.
- The ex-servicemen should have at least 15 years of experience in the armed forces or should have a bachelor’s degree from a university.
|English||Reading Comprehensions; Synonyms; Antonyms; Sentence Corrections; and Word Meanings.|
|General Awareness||Current World News; Geography; History; and Political Science.|
|Numerical Ability||Time and Distance; Time and Work; HCF and LCM; Simple and Compound Interest; Problems on Trains; Average and Pipes; Allegations and Comparisons; Permutations and Combinations; and Probability.|
|Computer Knowledge||Languages; Basic Hardware; Basic Software; Devices; and History of Computers.|
|Reasoning||Number Series; Odd Man Out; Blood Relations; Analogy; Coding and Decoding; Symbols; Row Arrangements; Directions; and Statements Understanding|
RBI Assistant Exam Vacancy
With the release of the RBI Assistant official announcement, the vacancies for 2023 has been announced. A total of 450 vacancies are offered by the Reserve Bank of India for this position.. The table below highlights the category-wise RBI Assistant vacancy division.
|RBI Assistant 2023: Vacancies|
|Kanpur & Lucknow||12||1||9||5||28||55||1||4(3)||1(1)||3(2)||2||5|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||0||1(1)||4||1||10||16||0||2(1)||0||1(1)||1||2|
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
With detailed knowledge about the exam pattern of the RBI Assistant Exam, you can start making your preparation strategy accordingly.
- There are a total of 3 sections and 20 minutes are given for each of them, which is 60 minutes.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer
The exam format for the prelims exam is discussed below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Conducted a month after the prelims, the Mains exam is the next step towards getting selected.
- The total time allotted to answer a total of 200 questions in 135 minutes.
- It also contains a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
The exam format for the main exam is discussed below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Language Proficiency Test
After selection from the main examination, candidates will have to take a Language Proficiency Test (LPT) to prove their general awareness and confidence level. The test will be conducted in the official or local language of the state concerned. And, candidates who are non-proficient in their official or local language may get disqualified.
After all the procedures, once the candidate gets selected, the real joy comes as the salary is not just sufficient but there are added perks worth it for those with minimal knowledge and zero to no degree.
RBI Assistant Exam Syllabus
Before you get started with the preparation for the RBI Assistant Exam, it is important to get a hold of the syllabus and all the important topics within it. Here are the important topics of the syllabus for this year-
- Word Meanings
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Current India News
- Political Science
- Current World News
- Concepts of Geography
- Concepts of History
- Permutation & Combination
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Pipes & cisterns
- Allegations, Comparison
- Train and boat problems
- LCM, HCF
- Time & Distance Concept
- Number Series
- Odd one out
- Directions based-concept
- Blood Relations
- Statement, understanding
- Row arrangement
RBI Assistant Exam Registration Process
If you are looking forward to registering for this exam for the year 2023, following the below-mentioned simple steps you can complete your registration.
- Log on to the official website and click on the new registration button present on the homepage.
- Begin your application process by entering your basic details.
- Upload your recent photograph along with the signature in the prescribed size and format.
- Now you will be asked to enter your academic as well as professional qualifications.
- Once you have entered all the above-mentioned information, you will be asked to review your application before final submission.
- Now you can submit your application and complete the payment process by the option of your choice.
- Once your submission is done, you will receive a unique ID along with a password for further login activity.
RBI Assistant Exam Online Application
Along with the RBI Assistant 2023 Notification pdf, the online application dates will be notified. Candidates who have been waiting for the RBI Assistant Notification 2023 should keep an eye on any updates for the upcoming RBI Assistant 2023 and apply as soon as possible before the deadline.
How to Apply
Fill up the online application form for RBI Assistant 2023 by following the steps outlined below:
- Step 1: On the upper right corner of the home page, click the New Registration icon.
- Step 2: Start your application by entering basic information such as your name, phone number, email address, and address, then click the save and next button.
- Step 3: In the appropriate format, upload your photo and signature. The maximum size of the photograph allowed is 4.5 cm * 3.5 cm, and it must be passport size. The signature and the photograph must both be clear and legible. The maximum file size for the photograph and signature must both be changed.
- Step 4: Fill up your academic information and professional credentials next. After filling up the details, click the save and next button.
- Step 5: You will not be able to make any more changes to your application form after this. After reviewing your Application Form, click the save and next option.
- Step 6: Pay your application fee online, using a credit card, debit card, or net banking account.
- Step 7: Select the Submit Final Button. Your application will be successfully submitted. RBI will send you an email and a text message with your registration ID and password, which you will need to access the official website.
RBI Assistant Selection Process
The RBI Selection Process is divided into three stages: preliminary examinations, main examinations, and a language competence test. In both the Preliminary and Main Exams for RBI Assistant, there is a negative marking. The Exam Pattern and Syllabus for all three phases of RBI Assistant are listed here, and a candidate must pass all three phases (prelims, mains, and language proficiency exam) to be considered for RBI Assistant positions.
Application Fee for RBI Assistant Exam
The application fee for the RBI assistant exam varies as per the category one belongs to. Stated below is the various application fee for all the categories-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ EXS: Rs. 50 (Intimation Charges)
- General/ EWS/ OBC: Rs. 450 (Examination Fee + Intimation Charges)
- Candidates must know that the applicants belonging to the staff of the organisation are exempted from paying the examination fee as well as intimation charges.
RBI Assistant 2023 Admit Card & Call Letter
Because the RBI Assistant Exam 2023 admit card will not be mailed to candidates, candidates must get it from the official website. A candidate will need the following to access the official website:
- Registration No./Roll No.
- Date of Birth/Password
Candidates will receive their admit card/call letter in three stages:
- Online Preliminary Examination
- Online Mains Examination
- Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
RBI Assistant 2023 Salary
- The Basic Pay will be around ₹14,650/- per month (and ₹13,150 plus 2 advance increments admissible to graduates only).
- RBI assistants are also granted Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc.
- Including the allowances, the Gross Salary would be approximately ₹36,091/- per month.
For more information, click on the link.
RBI Assistant Exam 2023 Result
After the exam, the Reserve Bank of India announces the results of the RBI Assistant 2023 exam within 1-2 weeks. Candidates who took the RBI Assistant exam can see their scorecard and results on the official website. Each stage’s result is issued independently, and the RBI Assistant final merit list will be compiled using the Mains exam and Language Proficiency Test results.
RBI Assistant Exam Cut-Off
Here is the latest cut-off list of the RBI assistant exam for the year 2017-
|Kanpur & Lucknow||72.75||64.25||78.50||85.00|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||76||–||84.25||87.25|
RBI Assistant Job Description and Responsibilities
RBI Assistants is a clerical job profile with individuals working to support various departments of RBI offices. Government offices have tons of work and sometimes the job description is less than the job profile. Some of the major tasks and daily work of the assistant include:
- File Work: An RBI Assistant has to compile all the physical reports and files as a normal assistant does at a lower level.
- Data Entry: In any private sector or public sector organization, a common job for any Assistant is Data Entry. However, these days, assistant jobs have become digitized and all the filings are done on computers.
- Replying to Mails: RBI is the apex bank of India and is the bank of the banks so the daily intake of Emails or letters is quite high, one which can not be handled by the executives. That’s when Assistants help.
RBI Assistant Preparation Tips
The preparation for the RBI Assistant exam must be done with zeal, keeping in mind the most recent exam pattern and syllabus. Because the RBI Assistant Exam 2023 syllabus is fairly extensive, students must select the appropriate set of books to prepare for their examination.
Students should also look over past years’ RBI Assistant Exam question papers to get acclimatized to the exam’s new format and to learn which areas are the most frequently asked questions in the exam. Apart from the test series, you may also enrol in our RBI Assistant 2023 Offline Classroom Program for in-depth preparation.
Prelims, Mains, and a Language Proficiency Test will be held in three stages for the RBI Assistant exam in 2023.
Yes. However, you must obtain a bachelor’s degree by the deadline outlined in the RBI Assistant announcement for 2023.
Yes, there is a 0.25 penalty for each incorrect answer in RBI assistant recruitment 2023.
Applicants can easily crack their RBI Assistant exam with the help of a proper preparation study plan and regular practice of mock tests. Consult the experts at Leverage Edu for quality career guidance in choosing the right specialization in Banking and Finance and we will ensure that you make an informed decision towards a rewarding career.