The RBI Assistant Exam is conducted every year by the Reserve Bank of India to fill the vacancies for the assistant posts in many of the banks in India. There are three stages of the exam such as Prelims, Mains, and Language Proficiency. The patterns for both exams differ in their nature. But the mode remains the same that is online, also, both the exams are available in both Hindi and English language. Read on to know everything about one of the common bank exams “RBI Assistant Exam”.
This Blog Includes:
- RBI Assistant Exam: Highlights
- RBI Assistant Exam Important Dates 2022
- RBI Assistant Recruitment 2022 Important Dates
- RBI Assistant Exam Eligibility Criteria
- RBI Assistant Exam Vacancy
- RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
- RBI Assistant Exam Syllabus
- RBI Assistant Exam Registration Process
- RBI Assistant Exam Online Application
- RBI Assistant Selection Process
- Application Fee for RBI Assistant Exam
- RBI Assistant 2022 Admit Card & Call Letter
- RBI Assistant 2022 Salary
- RBI Assistant Exam 2022 Result
- RBI Assistant Exam Cut Off
- RBI Assistant Job Description and Responsibilities
- RBI Assistant Preparation Tips
RBI Assistant Exam: Highlights
|Conducting Authority||Reserve Bank of India (RBI)|
|Examination Name||RBI Assistant Recruitment Exam|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Stages||Preliminary, Mains and Language Proficiency|
|Application Fee||Gen/OBC/EWS: ₹450
RBI Assistant Exam Important Dates 2022
|RBI Assistant Notification||TBA|
|Online Application Form Released||TBA|
|RBI Assistant Prelims Admit Card||TBA|
|RBI Assistant Prelims Exam Date||TBA|
|RBI Assistant Result For Prelims||TBA|
|RBI Assistant Mains Exam Date||TBA|
RBI Assistant Recruitment 2022 Important Dates
Along with the official RBI Assistant 2022 Notification, the RBI will release the RBI Assistant 2022 Exam Dates. The RBI Assistant exam is held in multiple shifts in various cities around India. The tentative significant dates for RBI Assistant Exam 2022 are as follows:
|RBI Assistant 2022: Important Dates|
|RBI Assistant Notification 2022||January 2022 (tentative)|
|RBI Assistant Apply Online Start Date||To be notified soon|
|Online Application Form Last Date||To be notified soon|
|The download of the RBI Assistant Prelims Admit Card||—-|
|RBI Assistant Preliminary Exam Date||—-|
|RBI Assistant Result for Preliminary Exam||—-|
|RBI Assistant Mains Exam Date||—-|
RBI Assistant Exam Eligibility Criteria
The interested candidates have to follow some basic criteria to apply for the exam like:
Candidates have to be between the age of 20 and 28 as of December 1, 2019. There are relaxations as per the categories you belong to like:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 Years|
|Other Backward Classes||3 Years|
|Persons with Disabilities||10 Years for Gen/EWS, 13 Years for OBC, and 15 Years for SC/ST|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered in the Armed Forces. Plus additional 3 with a maximum age limit of 50|
|Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated and not re-married||10 Years|
|Candidates domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 Years|
|Candidates having work experience in RBI||To the extent of number of years, a maximum of 3 years|
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream with minimum 50% marks. For other categories, high school pass certificates are enough.
- Candidates must know how to word processes on the computer.
- Candidates should be fluent in the language of the area they are applying for.
- For the ex-servicemen, they should have at least 15 years of experience in the armed force or should have a bachelor’s degree from a university.
|English||Reading Comprehensions; Synonyms; Antonyms; Sentence Corrections; and Word Meanings.|
|General Awareness||Current World News; Geography; History; and Political Science.|
|Numerical Ability||Time and Distance; Time and Work; HCF and LCM; Simple and Compound Interest; Problems on Trains; Average and Pipes; Allegations and Comparisons; Permutations and Combinations; and Probability.|
|Computer Knowledge||Languages; Basic Hardware; Basic Software; Devices; and History of Computers.|
|Reasoning||Number Series; Odd Man Out; Blood Relations; Analogy; Coding and Decoding; Symbols; Row Arrangements; Directions; and Statements Understanding|
RBI Assistant Exam Vacancy
With the release of the RBI Assistant official announcement, the vacancies for 2022 will be notified. Candidates can check last year’s vacancies for the time being. The table below shows the previous year’s RBI Assistant vacancy.
|Office||Vacancies||PWD #||ExSM #|
|Kanpur & Lucknow||11||0||14||32||6||63||1||1||1||0||2||6|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||2||0||5||11||2||20||0||1||1||0||1||2|
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
With detailed knowledge about the exam pattern of the RBI Assistant Exam, you can start making your preparation strategy accordingly.
- There are a total of 3 sections and 20 minutes are given for each of them, totalling to 60 minutes.
- There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer
The exam format for the prelims exam is discussed below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Conducted a month after the prelims, the Mains exam is the next step towards getting selected.
- The total time allotted to answer a total of 200 questions in 135 minutes.
- It also contains a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
The exam format for the main exam is discussed below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Language Proficiency Test
After selection from the main examination, candidates will have to take a Language Proficiency Test (LPT) to prove their general awareness and confidence level. The test will be conducted in the official or local language of the state concerned. And, candidates who are non-proficient in their official or local language may get disqualified.
After all the procedures, once the candidate gets selected, the real joy comes as the salary is not just sufficient but there are added perks worth it for those with minimal knowledge and zero to no degree.
RBI Assistant Exam Syllabus
Before you get started with the preparation for the RBI Assistant Exam, it is important to get a hold of the syllabus and all the important topics within it. Here are the important topics of the syllabus for this year-
- Word Meanings
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Current India News
- Political Science
- Current World News
- Concepts of Geography
- Concepts of History
- Permutation & Combination
- Simple & Compound interest
- Pipes & cisterns
- Allegations, Comparison
- Simple & Compound interest
- Train and boat problems
- LCM, HCF
- Time & Distance Concept
- Number Series
- Odd one out
- Directions based-concept
- Blood Relations
- Statement, understanding
- Row arrangement
RBI Assistant Exam Registration Process
If you are looking forward to registering for this exam for the year 2022, following the below-mentioned simple steps you can complete your registration.
- Log on to the official website and click on the new registration button present on the homepage.
- Begin your application process by entering your basic details.
- Upload your recent photograph along with the signature in prescribed size and format.
- Now you will be asked to enter your academic as well as professional qualifications.
- Once you have entered all the above mentioned information, you will be asked to review your application before final submission.
- Now you can submit your application and complete the payment process by the option of your choice.
- Once your submission is done, you will receive a unique ID along with a password for further login activity.
RBI Assistant Exam Online Application
Along with the RBI Assistant 2022 Notification pdf, the online application dates will be notified. Candidates who have been waiting for the RBI Assistant Notification 2022 should keep an eye on any updates for the upcoming RBI Assistant 2022 and apply as soon as possible before the deadline.
How to Apply
Fill up the online application form for RBI Assistant 2022 by following the steps outlined below:
- Step 1: On the upper right corner of the home page, click the New Registration icon.
- Step 2: Start your application by entering basic information such as your name, phone number, email address, and address, then clicking the save and next button.
- Step 3:In the appropriate format, upload your photo and signature. The maximum size of the photograph allowed is 4.5 cm * 3.5 cm, and it must be passport size. The signature and the photograph must both be clear and legible. The maximum filesize for the photograph and signature must both be changed.
- Step 4: Fill up your academic information and professional credentials next. After filling up the details, click the save and next button.
- Step 5: You will not be able to make any more changes to your application form after this. After reviewing your Application Form, click the save and next option.
- Step 6: Pay your application fee online, using a credit card, debit card, or net banking account.
- Step 7: Select the Submit Final Button. Your application will be successfully submitted. RBI will send you an email and a text message with your registration ID and password, which you will need to access the official website.
RBI Assistant Selection Process
The RBI Selection Process is divided into three stages: preliminary examinations, main examinations, and a language competence test. In both the Preliminary and Main Exams for RBI Assistant, there is negative marking. The Exam Pattern and Syllabus for all three phases of RBI Assistant are listed here, and a candidate must pass all three phases (prelims, mains, and language proficiency exam) to be considered for RBI Assistant positions.
Application Fee for RBI Assistant Exam
The application fee for the RBI assistant exam varies as per the category one belongs to. Stated below is the various application fee for all the categories-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ EXS: Rs. 50 (Intimation Charges)
- General/ EWS/ OBC: Rs. 450 (Examination Fee + Intimation Charges)
- Candidates must know that the applicants belonging to the staff of the organisation are exempted from paying the examination fee as well as intimation charges.
RBI Assistant 2022 Admit Card & Call Letter
Because the RBI Assistant Exam 2022 admit card will not be mailed to candidates, candidates must get it from the official website. A candidate will need the following to access the official website:
- Registration No./Roll No.
- Date of Birth/Password
Candidates will receive their admit card/call letter in three stages:
- Online Preliminary Examination
- Online Mains Examination
- Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
RBI Assistant 2022 Salary
- The Basic Pay will be around ₹14,650/- per month (and ₹13,150 plus 2 advance increments admissible to graduates only).
- RBI assistants are also granted Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc.
- Including the allowances, the Gross Salary would be approximately ₹36,091/- per month.
For more information, click on the link.
RBI Assistant Exam 2022 Result
After the exam, the Reserve Bank of India announces the results of the RBI Assistant 2022 exam within 1-2 weeks. Candidates who took the RBI Assistant exam can see their scorecard and results on the official website. Each stage’s result is issued independently, and the RBI Assistant final merit list will be compiled using the Mains exam and Language Proficiency Test results.
RBI Assistant Exam Cut Off
Here is the latest cut off list of the RBI assistant exam for the year 2017-
|Kanpur & Lucknow||72.75||64.25||78.50||85.00|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||76||–||84.25||87.25|
RBI Assistant Job Description and Responsibilities
RBI Assistants is a clerical job profile with individuals working to support in the various departments of RBI offices. Government offices have tons of works and sometimes the job description is less than the job profile. Some of the major tasks and daily work of the assistant include:
- File Work: An RBI Assistant has to compile all the physical reports and files as what a normal assistant does at a lower level.
- Data Entry: In any private sector or public sector organization, a common job for any Assistant is Data Entry. However, these days, assistant’s jobs have become digitized and all the filings are done on the computers.
- Replying to Mails: RBI is the apex bank of India and is the banks of the banks so the daily intake of Emails or letters is quite high, one which can not be handled by the executives. That’s when Assistants help.
RBI Assistant Preparation Tips
The preparation for the RBI Assistant exam must be done with zeal, keeping in mind the most recent exam pattern and syllabus. Because the RBI Assistant Exam 2022 syllabus is fairly extensive, students must select the appropriate set of books to prepare for their examination.
Students should also look over past years’ RBI Assistant Exam question papers to get acclimatized to the exam’s new format and to learn which areas are the most frequently asked questions in the exam. Apart from the test series, you may also enroll in our RBI Assistant 2022 Offline Classroom Program for in-depth preparation.
Prelims, Mains, and a Language Proficiency Test will be held in three stages for the RBI Assistant exam in 2022.
Yes. However, you must obtain a bachelor’s degree by the deadline outlined in the RBI Assistant announcement for 2022.
Yes, there is a 0.25 penalty for each incorrect answer in RBI assistant recruitment 2022.
Applicants can easily crack their RBI Assistant exam with the help of a proper preparation study plan and regular practice of mock tests. Consult the experts at Leverage Edu for quality career guidance in choosing the right specialization in Banking and Finance and we will ensure that you make an informed decision towards a rewarding career.