WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam) is an engineering entrance exam conducted for BTech admissions in engineering colleges throughout West Bengal. West Bengal B.Tech admissions are solely based on the candidates’ performance/rank in WBJEE/ JEE Main. Several parameters are considered by the admission authority when determining the WBJEE rank. However, the WBJEE score is the most important element in deciding the final list of students. The WBJEE cutoff, as well as the opening and closing ranks, will vary from one college to the next. Want to know the difference between WBJEE marks vs rank? Let’s find out with this blog!
This Blog Includes:
WBJEE 2021 Highlights
|Full Form||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Organizing Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Level of Examination||State-level|
|Mode for Application||Online|
|Frequency of Exam||Once every year|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Number of Test Papers||2 (Paper 1- MathematicsPaper 2- Physics and Chemistry)|
|Number of Questions in Exam||155|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Application Fees to be Paid||General- INR 500SC/ ST/ OBC- A/ OBC- B- INR 400|
|Number of Seats Available||34125|
|WBJEE Helpline number||1800 1023 789/ 1800 3450 050|
The WBJEEB publishes WBJEE findings as a Rank Card. Candidates in Paper I and II of the WBJEE examination will receive a relevant score, component scores, and a total score on their WBJEE Rank Card. Rank lists will not be made public by the admissions authority. The table below will assist you in determining your WBJEE rank
WBJEE Marks vs Rank
WBJEE 2021 marks vs ranks have been analysed by taking into account the previous year’s WBJEE cutoff, opening and closing rankings, and other factors. The candidates’ WBJEE exam score and the difficulty level of the questions are usually significant factors in deciding WBJEE rating. The predicted WBJEE 2021 rank vs marks can be found below:
|WBJEE Rank||WBJEE Marks|
|1 – 10||Marks > 213|
|11 – 50||212 – 200|
|51 – 200||199 – 188|
|201 – 600||187 – 175|
|601 – 1000||174 – 163|
|1001 – 2500||162 – 150|
|2501 – 4000||149 – 138|
|4001 – 6000||137 – 125|
|6001 – 10000||124 – 100|
|10001 – 16000||99 – 75|
|16001 – 25000||74 – 63|
|25001 – 35000||62 – 50|
|> 35000||< 50|
Admission Process Based o WBJEE Marks vs Rank
The admission authority will prepare a Merit Rank list based on the subjects/papers attempted in WBJEE 2021 and the score received by the candidates in the WBJEE test. The General Merit Rank (GMR) will be assigned to candidates using the following method:
- GMR will be assigned to candidates based on their combined score in WBJEE Paper I and II.
- The admissions authority may rate applicants in descending order based on their average performance in all subjects.
- Separate merit positions will be reserved for a particular group of students in addition to GMR merit positions. SC Rank, OBC-B Rank, TFW Rank, ST Rank, OBC-A Rank, and so on.
- WBJEE seat allocation and counselling can be performed solely on the basis of GMR.
- If there is a tie, tie-breaking rules will be used to break it.
- Candidates who do not receive a WBJEE rank are not entitled to participate in the WBJEE counselling scheme. The GMR would not have these candidates.
WBJEE 2021 Marking Scheme
Having a good understanding of WBJEE marking scheme will help candidates to calculate their WBJEE rank. The below table explains marks distribution in all three sections of WBJEE question paper. The question paper for WBJEE is further divided into three categories. The distribution of marks and the number of questions varies for every category.
|Category 1||1 Mark – 30 questions||1 Mark – 50 questions||1 Mark – 30 questions|
|Category 2||2 Marks – 5 Questions||2 Marks – 15 questions||2 Marks – 5 questions|
|Category 3||2 Marks – 5 questions||2 Marks – 5 questions||2 Marks – 5 questions|
- Category 1
- Only one option can be correct..
- 1 mark for each correct answer.
- ¼ marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
- Category 2
- Only one option can be correct..
- 2 marks for each correct answer.
- ½ marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
- Category 3
- One or more options may be correct for a question.
- Only all correct answers will gain 2 marks.
- If given one correct and one incorrect response, it will be treated as incorrect.
- Partially correct answer: total marks = 2 x (no. of correct options/total no. of correct options)
WBJEE Cut Off Marks
WBJEE cut offs are the minimum marks that candidates must achieve in order to engage in WBJEEB’s document verification and seat allotment process. Only candidates who achieve a rank that is equal to or higher than the exam cut-offs are eligible to apply for entry to the participating colleges. For the courses offered by the joint entrance test, each of the WBJEE participating institutes releases separate cut off scores. The WBJEE cut off is a list of minimum scores and opening-closing ranks for each group. The cutoff marks for each of the categories and courses may differ.
Types of WBJEE Cut Off
The Board publishes three different categories of Cut Off Lists. They are as follows:
- Eligibility Cutoff: The minimum qualifying test score needed to take the WBJEE. Students who passed in 10+2 with a 45 percent aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Math, and other main subjects. They must score at least 30% in English separately.
- Qualifying Cutoff: The required minimum score to pass the entrance test. GMR will have students who pass the WBJEE cutoff.
- Admission Cutoff: Admission rounds will be held in participating institutes based on WBJEE qualifying marks and GMR merit. The institutes publish WBJEE Opening and Closing Ranks by branch and category.
FAQs on WBJEE Marks vs Rank
The date for WBJEE 2021 is July 11th.
WBJEE 2021 will be a computer-based test. To take the test, candidates must report to the exam centre assigned to them.
No, the WBJEE 2021 application form is only available online.
No, there is no upper age limit; however, applicants must satisfy all of the WBJEE 2021 eligibility requirements.
No, in no conditions is the WBJEE 2021 Application Fee refundable.
Yes. Candidates will be able to choose their favourite exam cities while filling out the WBJEE 2021 application form.
No, after you’ve made your decision and submitted your submission, you won’t be able to change your exam zone.
Candidates have till July 31, 2021, to download it. However, after you’ve downloaded it, you can copy it to your computer and use it as many times as you want. However, if you need a duplicate WBJEE 2021 rank card after completing entry to the WBJEE Board, you can do so until July 31, 2021. You must apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500 via a bank draught payable in Kolkata in the form of the “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board.”
Hope you understood all about WBJEE 2021. Still have more doubts? Comment down below and we will reach back to you in no time! Stay connect with Leverage Edu for more such inspirational content.