Each year, Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) conducts the Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination (DCECE) which is commonly called Bihar Polytechnic examination. Being one of the most reputed and sought-after state-level competitive exams in the state, the Bihar Polytechnic provides the young aspirants with a gateway to secure admission into various polytechnic courses in the field of pharmacy, engineering, office administration, etc. offered at some of the leading polytechnic institutions across Bihar. If you are gearing up for the Bihar Polytechnic 2020 examination, this blog aims to provide you with all the key details that you must familiarize yourself with.
This Blog Includes:
- Key Features
- Bihar Polytechnic 2021: Important Dates
- Bihar Polytechnic 2021: How to Apply for DCECE?
- Bihar Polytechnic 2021: Application Fee
- Bihar Polytechnic 2021 Application: Documents Required
- Eligibility Criteria for Bihar Polytechnic 2021
- Bihar Polytechnic 2021 Syllabus
- Bihar Polytechnic: Exam Pattern
- Bihar Polytechnic 2021 Application: Things To Remember
Let’s first take a look at some of the important features of the Bihar Polytechnic exam 2021 listed in the following table:
|Mode of Exam||offline mode|
|Type of Question||Multiple choice questions (MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||90 questions|
|Duration of the exam||2 hours and 15 minutes|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||5 marks for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||-1 for every wrong answer|
Avail Your Chance To Get Free Career Counselling! Click Here!
Bihar Polytechnic 2021: Important Dates
The following schedule for Bihar Polytechnic Application Dates should be verified by candidates:
|Application process commences||4th week of April 2021|
|Last date to submit application form||3rd week of May 2021|
|Last date to fill offline payment||3rd week of May 2021|
|Last date to fill online payment||4th week of May 2021|
|Application correction||4th week of May 2021|
|Availability of admit card||2nd week of June 2021|
|Bihar Polytechnic 2021 exam||4th week of June 2021|
|Results||End of July 2021|
|Counselling||First week of August 2021|
Bihar Polytechnic 2021: How to Apply for DCECE?
When applying for Bihar Polytechnic, candidates must follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the official website- https://bceceboard.bihar.gov.in/
- Click on the “Apply for DCECE (PE/ PPE/ PM/PMD-2021) page”.
- Fill in the candidate’s name, email address, and phone number.
- Apply for the course that best suits your needs.
- Fill in the blanks with your qualifications, address, and any other information requested.
- Now choose “Sign-up” from the drop-down menu.
- Login with the given login ID and password.
- Check all of the data for accuracy.
- After you’ve checked everything, press the “Save & Continue” button.
- Upload a scanned version of your passport-size photo and signature in the format specified.
- Make a payment for the application fee.
- A confirmation page will appear on your screen after you have submitted your fee.
- Take a printout of it and keep it somewhere secure until you need it again.
Bihar Polytechnic 2021: Application Fee
|Course||Reserved Category (in INR)||General Category (in INR)|
Bihar Polytechnic 2021 Application: Documents Required
Here is a list of important documents that will be required at the time of application filling:
- Passing certificate
- All past academic mark sheet
- ID proof
- Caste certificate
- Character certificate
- Income certificate
- Permanent residence of Bihar certificate
Eligibility Criteria for Bihar Polytechnic 2021
Securing admission into a top polytechnic institution in the state of Bihar is not the cup of tea for every candidate. For this, they have to fulfil certain eligibility criteria set by the conducting board according to the level of studies or courses one is opting for. The general and the most basic eligibility for the aspirants is that they should be an Indian national and be a permanent resident of Bihar. Given below is the list of course-wise eligibility parameters.
- Polytechnic Engineering: The candidate should have passed their 10th class or equivalent with minimum qualifying marks of 35%. There is no minimum or maximum age for the candidates to apply.
- Part-Time Polytechnic Engineering (PPE): The candidates should have passed their 10th class with at least 50% in Maths and Science along with two years of work experience in a relevant field. As far as the PPE course of Bihar Polytechnic 2021 is concerned, the minimum age limit is that of 19 years as of 1st July 2021.
- Para Medical-Dental (PMD): The admission to this course is at the Matric level. The candidates who have passed their 10th class or equivalent from either CBSE, ICSE or any other educational board having core BiPC subjects and English language. The age limit for this course is a minimum of 15 years and a maximum of 30 years of age as of 31st December 2020.
- Para Medical Intermediate Level (PM): The candidates aspiring to secure admission into this course should have passed their 10+2 level of studies or equivalent with either BiPC or MPC subjects along with English. The age limit is a minimum of 17 years and maximum of 32 years as on 31st December 2020.
Also Read: Exams after 10th
Bihar Polytechnic 2021 Syllabus
|Subject||Individual subtopics and topics|
Inverse Circular Function
Properties Of Triangles
Principle Of Mathematical Induction
Determination And Their Properties
Some Basic Concept Of Chemistry
Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure
Classification Of Elements And Periodicity In Properties
P- Block Elements
|Physics||Laws Of Motion
Scalars And Vectors
Unit And Dimensions
Law Of Motion
Oscillations And Waves
Bihar Polytechnic: Exam Pattern
Being one of the most sought-after examinations in the state of Bihar, it is important for students to get proper knowledge of the exact pattern of the test. Below is the course wise breakup of subjects, number of questions and marks allotted to each question as specified by BCECEB.
Bihar Polytechnic Exam For Polytechnic Engineering and Part-Time Polytechnic Engineering Courses
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted
to Each Question
Bihar Polytechnic Exam For Para Medical Dental Courses
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted to Each Question||Maximum Marks|
Bihar Polytechnic Exam For Para Medical Intermediate Level Courses
to each Question
Related Read: Government Exams after 12th Science
Bihar Polytechnic 2021 Application: Things To Remember
Candidates can read the following information about the Bihar Polytechnic application form:
- From the last week of April 2021, candidates will be able to fill out the DCECE application form.
- Bihar Polytechnic 2021 applications will be accepted until the third week of May 2021.
- The registration form for Bihar Polytechnic 2021 will be available online.
- Candidates must have a valid/working email address and phone number, as all relevant information will be sent to these addresses.
- All candidates will be required to upload a scanned image of their photograph and signature in the format specified.
- Candidates are advised not to leave any fields in the application form blank or incomplete, since this will result in rejection.
- For a limited time, the authority may also have the opportunity to correct any incorrect information (if any) in the application form.
- Finally, candidates should send a printout of their completed application form to the exam conducting authority.
We hope that this blog has provided you with all the necessary information regarding the Bihar Polytechnic examination 2021. If you are confused regarding which course to pursue in the technical domain, our experts at Leverage Edu are here to guide you in finding a suitable program and university that matches your aspirations and equips you with the required knowledge and exposure to actualise your dream career aspirations!