BA 3D Design includes a creative, analytical and skilful approach to the designing and making of products and furniture. You will join a community of staff and students who share a firmly held conviction that an understanding of how to make something leads the designer to better understand the logic of use, the potential for beauty, and the ability to place the activity of design in a broader cultural, environmental and economic context. Creative studio culture and thoughtful workshop practice engender an understanding that however ephemeral a trend or how immaterial a technology or intuitive an interface might be, manufactured ‘things’ play important roles as the props and backdrop to the theatre of everyday life. This blog brings you a complete guide on the BA 3D Design course, eligibility, universities, jobs, and more!
|Course||BA 3D Design|
|Degree||Bachelors of Arts|
|Program Duration||3 years|
|Job Prospects||Journalism, Media Production, Interior Designing, etc.|
|Average fees||INR 3-4 lakhs per year|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study BA 3D Design?
This well-established course is premised on the notion that making is central to creativity and how creativity manifests in society, culture, economy, and the environment. You will explore the value of made objects, products, and artefacts in the world and the evolving role that making performs in engaging with the contexts of our time. Embracing a diverse approach across the spectrum of three-dimensional creative practice, the course offers you a varied and challenging learning experience that enables you to develop an individual approach to 3D design and craft. Studies cover a comprehensive range of practices including ceramics, jewellery, products, and furniture. You’ll have access to specialist workshops in wood, metals, ceramics, polymers, and digital technology.
Relevant Read: BA Game Design
About BA 3D Design Course
- On this established, hands-on course you can explore the full spectrum of three-dimensional practices from studio ceramics and jewellery to products and furniture, graduating with an impressive body of work
- You will have access to spacious specialist workshops in wood, metals, ceramics, polymers, and digital technology, working alongside fellow students in a collaborative art school environment
- Your workshop practice is integrated with historical and critical studies, so you will explore critical, conceptual, ethical, and environmental issues as well as the role of design within a social and cultural context
- The staff team is usually practising designers, makers, artists, and researchers, bringing their real-world expertise to your studies
- Live projects, case studies, and exhibitions enable you to place your work in real-world contexts
- Students from the course have gone on to life-long creative careers winning international acclaim and working with global brands and NGOs, exhibiting at leading galleries and museums around the world, and pioneering new approaches to making and material culture
Also Read: What is Career Design?
Top Universities to Study BA 3D Design Abroad
Here are the top universities for studying BA 3D Design abroad:
|University||THE World Ranking 2023|
|University of Brighton, UK||801-1000|
|Staffordshire University, UK||–|
|Teesside University, UK||–|
|University of Tennessee, USA||601-650|
|Torrens University, Australia||–|
|University of East London, UK||801-1000|
|Bow Valley College, Canada||–|
|Northumbria University, UK||651-700|
|Fanshawe College, Canada||–|
|Deakin University, Australia||266|
|Northern Kentucky University, USA||–|
|UCSI University, Malaysia||=284|
|Yeovil College University Centre, UK||–|
|Sierra Nevada College, USA||–|
|University of Hertfordshire, UK||801-1000|
If you are applying for a degree in 3D Design, you need to qualify for certain admission requirements and the major eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate/Standard XII with an overall average of 60–65% to include a minimum of five subjects at 40% or higher.
- Minimum English language requirements: IELTS 6.0 (min 5.5 in all components).
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked. Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
Relevant Read: What is the Impact of Technology on Fashion Designing Courses?
Here is a list of all the basic documents required for this course which may change a little according to the university applied.
- Academic Transcripts/Mark Sheets and Proof of Existing Qualifications
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- CV or Resume
- English Language Test Scores i.e IELTS, TOEFL
- Evidence of Financial Sources
Relevant Read: BDes Product Design
BA 3D Design Jobs and Scope
- In your career in BA 3D Design, you need a combination of knowledge, skills, personal qualities, and relevant experiences – and you’ll get all of this from your degree.
- This degree builds your experience in working with client briefs and offers opportunities to collaborate with other disciplines.
- You will graduate with the capacity to turn ideas into fully resolved objects, products, and artefacts in a range of media.
- Professional practice is an integrated part of the degree and, through live projects, case studies, and exhibitions, enables you to think about your work commercially.
BA 3D Design graduates go on to high-profile careers in professions such as product, lighting, and sustainable design; interiors and architecture; trend forecasting and styling; jewellery; ceramics; installation and exhibition design; journalism; media production; and teaching.
A Level 3D Design is a two-year art-based course that enables students to express themselves creatively and artistically with their ideas and designs in both 2D and 3D forms.
You can be prepared for a wide range of current and future career opportunities, whether in the entertainment or educational sectors or elsewhere, with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Graphic Design with a concentration in 3D modelling and animation.
Art with all three height, width, and depth dimensions is referred to as three-dimensional art. It takes up more physical space than 2D art and can be seen and understood from all directions, unlike 2D art. To create these works of art, 3D artists manipulate a variety of materials into various objects, characters, and settings.
We hope that this blog was able to familiarize you with different aspects of BA 3D Design in terms of a career. Confused about finding the right university? Connect with our Leverage Edu experts and we will help you find the right course and university as per your interests and preferences!