BA Statistics is a three-year undergraduate programme that focuses on the study of categorical and numerical data gathering, organization, analysis, interpretation, and presentation. In other words, BA Statistics is a discipline of applied mathematics that is used to conduct research, survey data, and extract useful information from business data.
|Course Fees (annual)||50,000 to 9,00,000 INR – India
15,00,000 to 30,00,000 INR – Abroad
|Average Salary||INR 7,50,000|
Everything you need to know about BSc Statistics!
This Blog Includes:
Actuarial Science, Applied Information, Economics, Biostatistics, Business Statistics, Data Analysis, Demography, Econometrics, Energy Statistics, Engineering Statistics, Psychological Statistics, Social Statistics, and other specialized fields are covered in the Bachelor of Arts in Statistics degree programme. A list of a few topics covered is listed below.
- Statistical Methods
- Design of Experiments
- Introduction to Linear Algebra
- Operations Research
- Probability Theory
- Parametric and Non-Parametric Tests
- Differential Equations
- Statistical Control
- Applied Statistics
- Computer Practical
- Data Analysis
- Elementary Interface
- Linear Models
- Sample Surveys
Top Universities in the World
|University||Annual Fees (INR)|
|University of Nottingham||19,09,548|
|University of Bristol||26,03,765|
|University of Auckland||22,45,172|
|University of Otago||16,63,980|
|University of Canterbury||15,65,768|
|University of Arizona||27,91,768|
|University of Illinois||24,18,000|
|University of Tasmania||19,46,674|
|University of Leeds||23,11,558|
Top Colleges in India
- Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi
- Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore
- Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
- Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad
- University of Delhi, New Delhi
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya: School of Statistics, Indore
- Aligarh Muslim University: Department of Statistics and Operations Research, Aligarh
- Hindu College
- St. Stephens College
- Miranda House
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women
- Madras Christian College
- Hansraj College
- Loyola College
- Christ University
- Gargi College
- Ramjas College
- B.L.D.E.A. Arts and Commerce College for Women, Bijapur
- CU Shah Arts College, Ahmedabad
- IIS University – International College for Girls – ICG, Jaipur
- Punjabi University, Patiala
- Candidates must have completed their (10 + 2) exams or any other equivalent diploma from a recognised board in any stream, with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the major topics.
- Candidates must have received a minimum of 50 percent or an equivalent CGPA on their higher secondary exams.
- Some colleges require students to complete entrance exams in order to be placed on the college’s cut-off list (which varies).
If you want to pursue a BA in statistics, you must meet all of the entry requirements set forth by international colleges. Let’s take a look at what it takes to get into one of the world’s best institutions-
- Candidates must have received a 10 + 2 education from a recognised board.
- Mathematics must be one of the key topics in class 12 for applications to be considered.
- A strong performance on English language proficiency exams such as the IELTS, TOEFL, and others.
- Minimum SAT or ACT exam score necessary
- To begin, students must create an account on the institute’s website and provide a valid email address and phone number.
- After registration, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Students must register and complete all essential areas.
- You must upload all of your personal and educational documents.
- The application fee must be paid using NEFT online.
- You should print the form after submitting it successfully for future reference.
- A merit list will be publicized on the college grounds two/three days prior to the admission procedure.
- On the designated day, you may visit the college to complete the admissions process procedures
Deciding to go for this course, especially abroad? But confused about all the processes and forms? Leverage Edu helps students realize their potential and help them get admission in their favourite universities.
Why you should go for this course
- Those with a B.A. (Statistics) degrees have a lot of work options because statisticians are needed everywhere there is data, and practically every company needs well-formulated and ordered data.
- Statistics is a branch of mathematics that studies subjects involving categorical and numerical data. If you enjoy numbers and conducting research, this is the course for you.
- A profession in statistics can be lucrative and full of growth chances in today’s environment. To establish their objectives, create a plan, or design a service, most businesses and governments rely on data or statistics. Statistics is used in a variety of sectors, including medicine, marketing, health, biology, sports, banking, and so on.
Career Scope and Job Prospects
After completing the BA Statistics programme, applicants can pursue higher education or apply for job opportunities available to BA Statistics graduates. Finance, Data Survey Agencies, Commerce Centers, Economics, Insurance Companies, Consulting Firms, Indian Civil Services, Banks, Commerce Centers, and Planning Commission are some of the fields where students can envision their future. Bureaus of Statistics
|JOB PROFILES||AVERAGE SALARY (INR)|
|Data Analyst||INR 410,975|
|Research Analyst||INR 389,030|
|Business Analyst||INR 987,990|
|Risk Analyst||INR 517,710|
|Assistant Professor||INR 456,853|
|Research Scientist||INR 702,833|
The following are some of the skills needed to be successful in Statistics:
1.A solid mathematical statistics foundation
3.Should have a good understanding of statistical models.
4.Should be able to think quickly.
5.Be able to carry on a simple discussion
The following are some of the top companies that are hiring Statistics graduates:
Reserve Bank of India
BNP Paribas India
Yes, an applicant with an arts background who majors in mathematics is eligible to apply.
If you want to study BA Statistics at the top universities? Then hurry up and sign up for Uniconnect’s largest offline university fair for the one-on-one guidance to your dream university!