Considered among the best engineering courses, Aerospace is the branch of science which deals with the building of Space Crafts, Aircraft, Missiles, etc. It falls under the belt of Mechanical Engineering with a focus on Computer Management, Mathematics, Drafting, Robotics, and Aeronautics. Whether you have just passed class XIIth or graduated, you can find a course in this field for yourself! This blog aims to draw some light on different Aerospace Engineering courses offered by the leading universities across demographies.
This Blog Includes:
- What does an Aerospace Engineer do?
- Skills Required to Become an Aerospace Engineer
- Aerospace Engineering Courses
- Aerospace Engineering Course Fees
- Top Universities
- Subjects Covered
- Core Responsibilities
- Career Pathways
What does an Aerospace Engineer do?
Simply said, an Aerospace Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and quality testing of spacecraft, airplanes, missiles, and satellites, as well as instrumentation and construction. To work as an Aerospace Engineer, you must first get a bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering, then pursue a master’s degree in a field of specialty in these subjects. Furthermore, because you will be working with space and aircraft firms, this profitable career choice is both intellectually interesting and financially gratifying. They create prototypes and designs, then conduct quality assurance testing to guarantee that their products meet ethical, environmental, and safety requirements.
Skills Required to Become an Aerospace Engineer
Here are the most essential skills you need to become an aeronautical engineer:
- Excellent and Detailed Knowledge of Spacecraft and Aircraft Design and Technology
- Team player as well as a team leader
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Exceptional time management and project management
- Analytical Thinking Skills
Aerospace Engineering Courses
As this field is gaining popularity, most of the universities across the globe offer Aerospace Engineering courses. Here is a list of Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in this field, specially curated by Leverage Edu:
|Name of the course||University Name|
|Diploma in Aviation Operations||Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, Canada|
|Advanced Diploma in
|Georgian College, Barrie, Canada|
|Diploma of Aeroskills (Mechanical)||Kangan Institute, Melbourne, Australia|
|Graduate Certificate in Applied
|Fanshawe College, Calgary, Canada
Undergraduate Aerospace Engineering Courses
|Name of Course||University Name|
|Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)||The University of Sydney,
|BEng Aerospace engineering||The University of Manchester,
|Bachelor of Engineering
(Aerospace Engineering) (Honours)
|Bachelor of Engineering in
|BSc (Hons) Aviation Engineering||Kingston University
|BS in Engineering in
|Arizona State University,
Postgraduate Aerospace Engineering Courses
|Name of Course||Universities|
|Master of Professional Engineering
|The University of Sydney,
|MSc in Aerospace Engineering||The University of Stuttgart,
|MSc in Aerospace Engineering||The University of Hertfordshire,
|MSc in Aerospace Engineering||Kingston University
|Master of Science in
|Politecnico Di Milano,
|MSc Aerospace Engineering
(with Advanced Practice)
|MSc in Aerospace Engineering||The University of Hertfordshire|
|MSc in Aerospace Engineering||Kingston University London|
|Aerospace Engineering MSc||The University of Leeds|
|MS in Aerospace Engineering||University at Buffalo|
Aerospace Engineering Course Fees
|Course||Private Institute Fees (INR)||Government Institute Fees (INR)|
|UG||88,000 – 18.32 Lakhs||1.71 Lakhs – 11.36 Lakhs|
|PG||80,000 – 8.00 Lakhs||15,000 – 1.67 Lakhs|
|Doctoral||1.80 Lakhs -5.04 Lakhs||—|
|Diploma||—||54,000 – 60,000|
If you are planning to pursue any of these courses, here are the major eligibility requirements you need to fulfill:
- The applicant must pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or 3 years engineering degree (preferably in aero./aeronautical engineering) from any recognized Board/University at the time of admission.
- If you want to study these courses in India, you have to qualify any of these entrance exams like JEE, AIEEE, Indian Institute of Aeronautics Entrance Exam, etc. for bachelor’s degree programs and GATE for master’s degree programs.
- If you plan to pursue a degree in this field abroad, you will have to provide GRE scores along with language proficiency scores of IELTS/TOEFL/PTE as well as an SOP and LORs.
Here is the list of best universities to pursue Aerospace Engineering courses from abroad:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Princeton University
- Canadore College
- Massey University
- RMIT University
- University of Central Missouri
- Florida Institute of Technology
- University of Waterloo
The topics covered under different Aerospace Engineering courses might vary as per the degree level one selects. However, some chapters remain common. Given below is the list of subject that is likely to be a part of your curriculum at the UG and PG level:
|Flight Test||Noise Control||Electrotechnology and Radar Cross-section|
|Propulsion and Combustion||Dynamics of the Aerospace System||Fluid Mechanics|
|Aerodynamics and Fluid Mechanics||Space Flight Dynamics & Statics||Astro Dynamics|
|Telecommunications||Space Navigation and Guidance||Statics and Dynamism|
|Vibration and Elasticity||Space Propulsion and Power||Aircraft Structures|
|Flight Software System||Avionics||Solid Machines|
Before you take up any Aerospace Engineering courses, one must know what does the course entails. Here is the list of responsibilities that are to be a part of these courses:
- To come up with a possible solution regarding the malfunctioning of damaged products. You have to find the source of the problem.
- Your role is equally crucial in terms of space designing and manufacturing and testing of aircraft.
- You have to ensure that the product you designed meets with the principles of engineering and environmental policies.
- You have to perform ground and flight testing process.
There are numerous opportunities available for candidates pursuing Aerospace Engineering courses. Given below are some of the choicest job profiles for students with this degree:
- NASA Aerospace Engineer
- Commercial Aerospace Engineer
- Inspectors and Compliance Officer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Spacecraft Designer
- Data Processing Manager
An aeronautical engineer makes a solid living, but his or her compensation might rise with experience and technical proficiency. The following is a list of job titles and their typical salaries:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Aerospace Designer Checker||INR 30 lakhs – INR. 50 lakhs per annum|
|Aircraft Production Manager||INR 30 lakhs – INR. 35 lakhs per annum|
|Mechanical Design Engineer||INR 30 lakhs per annum|
|Assistant Technical Officer||INR 35 lakhs per annum|
|Aerospace Engineer||INR 35 lakhs – INR. 40 lakhs per annum|
The organizations listed below recruit Aeronautical Engineers in a variety of positions.
- Indian Space Research Organisations (ISRO)
- Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL)
- National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL)
- Defence Research And Development Organisation (DRDO)
Private companies that hire AeronauticalEngineers for their aircraft-related projects are Airbus, Boeing, Goodrich, GE.
These were some of the popular Aerospace Engineering courses that can be considered by candidates wanting to make a career in this field. Are you unable to find the best Aerospace Engineering colleges? Can’t decide whether to BSc Aeronautics or a Diploma? Don’t know how to go about your application? A one-stop solution to all your problems is Leverage Edu, call us and book a free career counseling session with us. Our experts will help you in finding a university that lines with your interests and budget.