Have you ever wondered if minorities in Kerala are provided with adequate avenues to pursue education? The IWCS scholarship is a knight in shining armor for the minorities in Kerala. This scholarship is intended to assist students from underserved regions in pursuing CA/ICWA/CS courses. In this article, we bring to you everything you need to know about the IWCS scholarship. From eligibility, registration to the application process, and more, we have got you covered!
Quick Review of the IWCS Scholarship
|Name of the Scholarship||IWCS scholarship|
|Conducted By||Department of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala|
|Eligibility||Minority students in Kerala pursuing CA, ICWA, and CS degrees|
|Deadline of Application||8th March 2021|
CA, CS, ICWA Equivalent To Postgraduate Degree
About the IWCS Scholarship
The Department of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala welcomes applications for CA/ICWA/CS Scholarship (IWCS), Kerala 2020-21 from students occupying the minority status in the state. This grant expects to help students from more disadvantaged sections of society in seeking courses in the field of Chartered Accountancy (CA), Cost and Works Accountancy (CWA), Cost and Management Accounts (CMA), and Company Secretaryship (CS).
Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jain, and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been considered as minorities under the 2 (c) part of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. Students in Kerala who go under the BPL (Below Poverty Line) class are given priority in the Department of Minority Welfare program. The IWCS program selects students strictly upon merit and income.
Objective of the IWCS Scholarship
The Kerala government’s main goal in offering the CA/ICWA/CS Scholarship is to encourage students from the Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddha, Parsi, and Jain communities to enrol in professional programmes. Providing financial aid to students in need is another goal.
How to Become a Company Secretary
Eligibility Criteria for the IWCS Scholarship
The eligibility criteria for the IWCS scholarship are as follows:
- Students must wish to pursue courses in CA, ICWA, CMA, or CS.
- The student must be a native of Kerala
- Student must belong to a minority community
- Student’s family annual income must be less than INR 8 lakhs
- Students must have secured at least 60 percent marks in the last final examination.
- Students who have been selected once already cannot apply
- Students belonging to the BPL section must submit a ration card.
Important: 30-40 percent of the scholarship has been reserved for females.
How to Become a Cost Accountant?
Rewards for IWCS Scholarship
The rewards for the scholarship are as follows:
- ₹15,000 per year will be given to students pursuing the final courses.
- ₹15,000 per annum will be given to students pursuing intermediate courses.
- ₹15,000 per year will be given to students pursuing foundation courses.
Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
Application Process for IWCS Scholarship
The step-by-step application procedure for application submission are as follows:
- Go to the official website of the Department of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala.
- Select the CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship (IWCS) link
- Select the ‘Apply Online’ button
- Register with email ID and password
- Fill in all the necessary details
- Upload all the required documents
- Then, submit the application form
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference
How to Become a Chartered Accountant
Required Documents for IWCS Scholarship
Here is a list of documents required for the IWCS scholarship:
- Application printout along with the attested photograph
- Mark sheet of SSLC, higher secondary, VHSE, degree, and their photocopies
- Course proof like admission card, tuition fee, ID card, etc.
- Bank account proof
- A copy of Aadhar or NPR card
- Copy of domicile certificate
- Copy of minority certificate
- Income certificate
- Copy of ration card (for BPL candidates)
- Recent passport size photographs
- All past records, certificates, and transcripts of school and college
- Mark sheet of last passing class
DMS Scholarship 2021 [District Merit Scholarship]
- Address: Directorate of Minority Welfare
4th Floor, Vikas Bhavan,
- Contact details: 0471-2300524, 0471-2302090
- Email: email@example.com
This was all about the IWCS scholarship. The application process can be intimidating and even exhausting for students.