Aberystwyth University was founded in 1872 as the “People’s University” and admitted its first 26 students. It was the first university institution in Wales to offer Arts and Science courses. It was named University College of Wales, Aberystwyth in 1894, and has become a founding member of the University of Wales. The institution changed its name again in the mid-1990s, becoming the University of Wales, Aberystwyth. The University of Wales ceased to be a federal university on 1 September 2007 and Aberystwyth University regained independent status. We bring you a blog with detailed information about pursuing an Aberystwyth University Law course.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose Aberystwyth University?
- Ranking of Aberystwyth University
- Aberystwyth University Law Course – Overview
- Aberystwyth University Law – Course Details
- Aberystwyth University Law Course – Subjects/Syllabus
- Aberystwyth University Law Course – Qualifications and Fees
- Aberystwyth University Law Course – Admission Requirements
- Admission Deadline 2022/2023
- Living Costs
- Recruiting Companies
|University Name||Aberystwyth University|
|Rankings||QS World University Rankings 2022 (541 – 550), THE World University Rankings 2022 (501 – 600)|
|Course Duration||1 – 4 years|
|Qualifications||LLB, PhD, LLM|
|Average Fees||19,500 GBP – 20,800 GBP (INR 18 Lakhs – 20 Lakhs)|
|Eligibility||Standard XII Certificate from a recognized central or state authority with 75% in XII Standard.|
|Placements||BBC, HSBC, Deloitte, EY, Amazon, etc.|
Why Choose Aberystwyth University?
- Aberystwyth University is one of the UK’s top 100 universities. It has achieved much excellence in its teaching and research.
- Aberystwyth University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a variety of courses.
- Graduate programs are offered in single, community and integrated awards. In 2018, the university was awarded a gold medal in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and the Student Outcomes Framework.
- Also recognized as one of the safest universities in Wales for students according to The Complete University Guide.
- According to the National Student Survey 2020, Aberystwyth University is ranked in the top 5 UK universities for overall student satisfaction.
- The university is also affiliated with the University of Wales, Association of MBAs (AMBA), Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Universities UK, HiPACT, Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA), and HEA.
Ranking of Aberystwyth University
|QS World University Rankings 2022||#541-550|
|THE World University Rankings 2022||#501-600|
|US News and World Report Best Global Universities 2022||#902|
|Complete University Guide University League Table 2022||#58|
|Guardian Top UK Universities 2022 rankings||#64|
Aberystwyth University Law Course – Overview
- The LLB in Law at Aberystwyth University is a 3-year full-time programme. It is a practical degree tailored to the needs of employers and taught by experienced professionals and academics.
- Taught by professionals working for large organisations e.g. GRETA, the Juvenile Justice Board, and the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- Excellent social and professional opportunities, e-tours to Law Fairs and Inns of Court in London.
- Option to participate in your national and international competitor’s Mooting Society to develop key advocacy and litigation skills. Students gain insight into the world of business, and management.
- An understanding of the impact of changes in the business environment, economic events, and political events; a broad understanding of management in practice.
- A thorough understanding of trade and commerce in both the public and private sectors; a strong understanding of the complexities of management challenges and the combined impact of legal and legal issues faced by executives.
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
Aberystwyth University Law – Course Details
Three years full-time. The academic year starts in September.
Evaluation will take the form of research proposals including an associated bibliographic element, case studies, oral assessments and essays. In the third semester, each student prepares a master’s thesis worth 60 credits that deal with a chosen field of study.
Aberystwyth University Law Course – Subjects/Syllabus
- Contract Law
- Criminal Law
- Legal Skills and Research
- Legal and Criminal Justice Systems
- Introduction to Criminology
- Law in Action
- Commercial Law
- Company Law
- Contemporary Issues in Criminology
- Crime and Punishment in Historical Perspective
- Crime and the Media
- Critical Perspectives on Imprisonment
- Drugs and Crime
- Environmental Law
- Criminal Justice and the Penal System
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to it.
Aberystwyth University Law Course – Qualifications and Fees
|Law Options||Duration||Fees (in GBP)|
|Bachelor of Laws (LLB)||3 years||19,500|
|Master of Laws (LLM)||1 year||20,800|
|Bachelor of Law (LLB) Law and Criminology||3 years||19,500|
|Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Business Law||3 years||19,500|
|Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Criminal Law||3 years||19,500|
|Bachelor of Law (LLB) Law and Business and Management||3 years||19,500|
|Bachelor of Law (LLB) Law with International Relations||3 years||19,500|
|Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Senior Status Law||2 years||19,500|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Law||3 years||21,300|
|Master of Laws (LLM) Human Rights and Humanitarian Law||1 year||20,800|
|Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Law and Spanish||4 years||19,500|
|Bachelor of Arts (BA) Law||3 years||19,500|
|Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Human Rights and Development||3 years||19,500|
Aberystwyth University Law Course – Admission Requirements
- Academic Qualifications
A-Levels – BBB-CCC, GCSE requirements (minimum grade C/4) – English or Welsh and Mathematics, BTEC National Diploma – DDM-MMM, International Baccalaureate – 30-28. Non-graduates will be considered individually based on relevant work experience and/or professional qualifications.
- Indian Students Eligibility
Standard XII Certificate from a recognized central or state authority with 75% in XII Standard.
- In addition to the minimum admission requirements, international students from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate their English proficiency through IELTS or TOEFL or equivalent test to be admitted to this program.
Download the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs.
- Tuition Fees – £8,000-£16,000
- Transcripts – required
- Standardised Tests – GRE/GMAT/MAT (Optional)
- Work Experience – conditional
- Resume or CV – recommended
- Statement of Interest – required
- Recommendations – 2
Are you facing problems in preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? So register today on Leverage Live and get good scores.
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
Admission Deadline 2022/2023
International applicants wishing to study in the UK are advised to apply as early as possible to allow adequate processing time for visa and admissions applications. Applicants can consider the following deadlines to submit their applications on time.
|Cost||Amount per annum (GBP)|
|Food, Laundry & Toiletries||1,800|
|Books, Equipment & Stationery||150|
Use the Cost of Living Calculator to easily figure out more about the cost of living abroad based on your choices and lifestyle.
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible|
|Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarships||Variable||Yes|
|Axol Science Scholarship||₹156100||Yes|
|Goa Education Trust Scholarships||Variable||Yes|
- According to a 2018 study by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), 96.8% of graduates were employed or continued studying six months after graduating from university in 2017.
- 97% of Business School and School of Art graduates were employed, self-employed or continued their studies within 6 months, 3% more than Business and Administrative Studies and Creative Arts and Design graduates nationally.
- Internships are integrated into the curriculum of the program to give students the opportunity to gain experience in a company in their chosen field of study.
- The university also offers a Year in Employment Scheme, giving students the opportunity to take part in a 12-month paid job in the UK or abroad between their second and third year of study.
- The university also offers Careers Service to aid mentor and guide students in making career choices.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance.
Based on the portion of students who apply to each university and receive an offer, Aberystwyth University is among the easiest universities to get into with an acceptance rate of 90%.
Students love its location and social life, while it’s internationally renowned for the quality of its teaching and research.
Students admire its location and cultural life, while it’s globally famous for the quality of its education and research. Aberystwyth University has 3 faculties – Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. Faculty of Business and Physical Sciences.
This was about Law at Aberystwyth University. We trust that this blog covered every one of the significant details about the university and the course. Still confused and need to clear your own questions with respect to the top objections to concentrate abroad? Call Leverage Edu uni-mates at 1800-572-000 and book your most memorable directing meeting free of charge!