Free online courses are the best way to enhance your skills. They add great value to your CV and makes you more employable. Some of the best universities around the world including the US, the UK, Canada are now offering online courses that are available in every field. In this blog, we have combined the most popular free online courses offered by US universities.
This Blog Includes:
Universities Offering Free Online Courses
The US houses most top universities in the world and a lot of them are offering free online courses to students anywhere in the world.
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- Yale University
- Columbia University
- University of Pennsylvania
- California Institute of Technology
- Princeton University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Also Read: Popular Online Courses For You To Consider
Harvard Online Free Courses
Harvard University offers more than 100 free online courses. The courses are available to take on edX. These courses are usually self-paced and you can buy a certificate for certain courses at a cost of $199.
- Introduction to Game Development- Check Out Now!
- Nonprofit Financial Stewardship Webinar: Introduction to Accounting and Financial Statements- Check Out Now!
- John Snow and the Cholera Epidemic of 1854- Check Out Now!
- Advanced Bioconductor- Check Out Now!
- Introduction to Linear Models and Matrix Algebra- Check Out Now!
Stanford Online Courses
Stanford University offers free online courses that are a great way to learn new skills. The university offers courses in Health and Medicine, Education, Engineering, Arts and Humanities. The courses are available both online and edX.
- America’s Poverty and Inequality Course – Check Out Now!
- An Introduction to the Natural Approach- Check Out Now!
- Antibiotic Stewardship- Check Out Now!
- Artificial Intelligence- Check Out Now!
- Essentials of Program Strategy and Evaluation- Check Out Now!
Also Read: Best Free Online Courses with Certificates
Yale Online Free Courses
Yale University offers Open Yale courses that are free and open source. These purses are taught by the teachers of the university itself There is no registration required for these courses and are available in video, text and audio formats. The university does not offer certificates or degrees for these courses.
- Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Faulkner with Wai Chee Dimock- Check Out Now!
- Roman Architecture with Diana E. E. Kleiner- Check Out Now!
- Milton with John Rogers- Check Out Now!
- Philosophy and the Science of Human Nature with Tamar Gendler- Check Out Now!
- Financial Markets (2011) with Robert J. Shiller- Check Out Now!
Columbia University Free Online Courses
In 2013, Columbia University created Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) with Coursera to contribute to increasing knowledge in the world. In 2014, they partnered with edX to offer courses in fields ranging from arts to sciences. These courses are available for free and you can download a certificate for a small fee. The courses are available under ColumbiaX on the edX website.
- Introduction to Corporate Finance- Check Out Now!
- Free Cash Flow Analysis- Check Out Now!
- Risk and Return- Check Out Now!
- Indian and Tibetan River of Buddhism- Check Out Now!
- Learning Success- Check Out Now!
University of Pennsylvania Free Online Course
The University of Pennsylvania offers free online courses under the name Online Learning Initiative. The courses are all available for free and you can download the certificate for a small fee. edX hosts the online courses by the university. The aim of these classes is to advance the delivery of online learning, creating flexible learning options for students around the world.
- Hollywood: History, Industry, Art- Check Out Now!
- Intellectual Property Law and Policy- Check Out Now!
- Big Data and Education- Check Out Now!
Also Read: Best FREE Online MBA Courses in India
Caltech Free Online Courses
Caltech offers online learning opportunities that are available on Coursera and edX. These courses do not provide course credit. The courses focus on the development of future generations of scientists and engineers.
- Principles of Economics with Calculus- Check Out Now!
- Quantum Cryptography- Check Out Now!
- Pricing Options with Mathematical Models- Check Out Now!
- The Evolving Universe- Check Out Now!
- Learning from Data- Check Out Now!
Princeton Online Free Courses
Princeton University offers Princeton Online courses in a variety of subjects. The courses are available for free but students can choose a verified certificate for a small fee.
- The Art of Structural Engineering- Check Out Now!
- Global History Lab- Check Out Now!
- Global History of Capitalism- Check Out Now!
- Civil Liberties- Check Out Now!
MIT Online Free Courses
MIT offers courses under MITx and they are all available for free. Millions of students around the world have already taken these courses. You can earn a verified certificate on completion of the course for a small fee.
- Introduction to Aerospace Engineering- Check Out Now!
- Global History of Architecture- Check Out Now!
- Cell Biology- Check Out Now!
- Supply Chain Analytics- Check Out Now!
- Physics of Covid19 Transmission- Check Out Now!
Also Read: Are Online Classes Becoming the New Normal?
How To Apply
Since most of the universities offer online courses on edX or Coursera, the process of registering for the university is very simple.
- Make an account on edX or Coursera
- Select the free course that you want to study or simply search for the particular course
- If you are interested in taking the course from a specific university, you can search for that as well
- Select ‘View Course Materials’ on the course page
- This will direct you to a detailed list of what you will learn from the course
- Select ‘Start Course’ or ‘Enrol Now’
These US universities offering free online courses are especially known for high-quality education in multiple fields. Pursuing long-term courses in these universities can skyrocket your career. So, take the first step towards your dream career by applying to the top universities. Book your FREE consulting session with Leverage Edu today and we will support you through the end-to-end process.