Maryland is sometimes known as “America in Miniature” due to its diverse geographic features: mountains in the west, farms in the east, beaches in the south, and cities in the central portion. The moniker could readily be extended to Maryland’s numerous higher education institutions as well. The state is home to notable research universities, tiny liberal arts colleges, and the Maryland Institute College of Art. The US Naval Academy, one of the USA’s five federal military schools, is located in Annapolis, the state capital. Colleges across Maryland, with the majority concentrated in the Baltimore metropolitan area. If you want to know more, Keep Reading!
This Blog Includes:
Why Study at Universities in Maryland?
There are many reasons to pursue higher education at universities in Maryland. Some of the common reasons are as follows;
- Maryland’s universities are well-known for their high-quality education. Students progress through several development stages, from practical experience to theoretical instruction.
- Students prefer Maryland’s greatest schools because they are generally ranked, which is among the key reasons these institutions are so well respected. Because of the world-class facilities, dedicated university staff, and amazing career options, students can enjoy a fantastic learning experience.
- All Programs: Maryland’s finest institutions provide excellent opportunities for education to both domestic and international students. Universities have a wide range of programs available, from undergraduate degrees to postgraduate and doctorate degrees.
Must Read: Best Cities to Study in USA
There are a few eligibility requirements that you are required to qualify for to
- First, you are required to pass high school with relevant marks from a recognised institution.
- In case you want to pursue a postgraduate degree then you are required to have an undergraduate degree with relevant marks and subjects from an officially recognised institution.
- SAT result is to be provided by Bachelor applicants who do not hold a certificate of A Level or STPM or equivalent.
- Graduates of Diploma Program of European Baccalaureate, Diploma Program of International Baccalaureate
You are also required to submit language proficiency scores in case your first language is not English.
However, score requirements, as well as eligibility requirements, vary depending upon the institutions as well as their guidelines.
As a part of the application process, you are also required to submit a list of documents to get enrolled at the University. Some of the important documents are as follows.
Must Read: Universities in USA without Application Fee
Top Universities in Maryland
There are an array of universities in Maryland that provide excellence in education as well as teaching. However, some of the best universities in Maryland are as follows.
|Name of the University||US National Universities Rankings 2023|
|John Hopkins University||7|
|University of Maryland, College Park||55|
|University of Maryland, Baltimore County||137|
|Morgan State University||317|
|United States Naval Academy||6|
|St. John’s College||61|
|St. Mary’s College of Maryland||89|
|Loyola University of Maryland||4|
Must Read: Top Public Universities in USA
Scholarships offered at Universities in Maryland
When pursuing higher education one of the important aspects to consider is financial grants, fellowships and scholarships which help to pursue the dream of pursuing study abroad. Some of the common scholarships are as follows.
|Name of the Scholarships||Awarded Amount|
|Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarship||Varies|
|K.C. Mahindra Scholarships For Post-Graduate Studies Abroad||INR 8 lakh|
|Hani Zeini Scholarship||USD 1K|
|Harvey Scholarship||USD 16K|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||USD 1K|
Admission to the University of Maryland, College Park is more selective, with a 52% acceptance rate and a 60.5% early acceptance rate. Half of those admitted to the University of Maryland had an SAT score of 1330 to 1510 or an ACT score of 30 to 34.
The average GPA at UMD is 4.32. You should also try for all A’s to stand out because many of these kids are enrolled in AP or IB courses, and their GPA is likely to be higher than 4.32.
The University of Maryland (UMD) is committed to attracting students from all over the world. Students who are not US nationals or permanent residents of the US should apply as foreign applicants
This was all about the universities in Maryland. If you are planning to study abroad in the US or anywhere around the globe, connect with our Leverage Edu counsellors or book a 30-min free session with our experts to help select your college/course or study-abroad destination.