Atlanta is well known for CNN, the Georgia Aquarium and the National Center for Civil & Human Rights. If you are thinking about studying in Atlanta, then you must know it has the top three universities which not only promise you good quality of education but also a caring faculty. Atlanta is home to many colleges and universities for every field. Moreover, the Atlantic region has ranked in the top 10 for student enrollment, research and degrees earned by the students.
This Blog Includes:
5 Reasons to Study in Atlanta
- Variety of colleges: Atlanta proves to be the best place to pursue studies as it provides a variety of courses to choose from. There are many colleges and universities ranging from historical colleges to technical colleges. If you are interested in art research or anything else, Atlanta proves to be the correct place.
- Top ranking universities: Atlanta has top-ranking universities. Moreover, these universities together make a big campus that provides you with the correct place and environment for studying
- Values earned: these universities in Atlanta not only help you with studies but help you in research, library resources and most importantly you can get resources from a big campus.
- Safest city: Atlanta is one of the safest cities in the world.it has ranked in global cities for safety and has a score of 37.64.
- More employment opportunities: Atlanta is one of the metropolitan cities in the United States and offers more employment opportunities. Many pursue studies here because of this benefit.
Also Read: High Acceptance Rate Universities in USA
Top 10 Universities in Atlanta
|Name of the University||National Ranking|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||1|
|Georgia State University||3|
|Clark Atlanta University||6|
|Morehouse School of Medicine||7|
|University System of Georgia||9|
|Beulah Heights University||10|
Georgia Institute of Technology
Georgia Institute of Technology, a public institution founded in 1885 and has approximately an enrollment of 16,561 (fall 2020) undergraduate students. Moreover, it has an urban setting and 400 acres long campus. Furthermore, it has ranked 38 in the Best Colleges National Universities.
Emory University, a private institution founded in 1836 and has approximately an enrollment of 7,010 (fall 2020) undergraduate students. Moreover, it has a huge campus of about 631 acres. It follows an academic calendar that is semester-based. Emory University has ranked 21 in the 2022 edition of Best Colleges National Universities. Its tuition and fees are $55,468/ INR 4,127,603.
Georgia State University
Georgia State University is a public institution founded in 1913 and has approximately an enrollment of 28,772 (fall 2020) undergraduate students. Moreover, it has a huge campus of about 110 acres. It follows an academic calendar that is semester-based. Georgia State University has ranked 239 in the 2022 edition of Best Colleges National Universities.
Spelman College, a private institution founded in 1881 and has approximately an enrollment of 2207 (fall 2020) undergraduate students. Moreover, it has a campus of about 39 acres. It follows an academic calendar that is semester-based. Spelman College has ranked 54 in the 2022 edition of Best Colleges National Universities.
Morehouse College, a private institution founded in 1867 with an approximate enrollment of 2,152 (fall 2020) undergraduate students. It has an urban setting with a campus of about 66 acres. It follows an academic calendar that is semester-based. Morehouse College has been ranked 128 in the 2022 edition of Best Colleges National Liberal Arts Colleges. The tuition and fees are $29,468/ INR 1,745,784.
|Name of the University||Popular Courses|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||Master of Science in Computer ScienceBachelor of Science in Computer Science|
|Georgia State University||Master of Science in Computer Science, M.S. in Data Science and Analytics|
|Emory University||M.S. in Computer Science BBA|
|University of West Georgia||MBA in Digital Marketing, B.S. in Chemistry (General)|
|Argosy University||Master of Business Administration, MS Human Resource Management|
|Oglethorpe University||Bachelors in Computer Science, BS in Psychology|
Tabulated below is the average fee for the following courses in Atlanta.
|Courses||Fees in INR|
|Master of Science in Computer Science||22.3 Lakh|
|M.S. in Data Science and Analytics||33.2 Lakh|
|Master of Science in Information system||32.1 lakh|
|BS in Computer Science||20.6 lakh|
|Master of Business Administration||17.4 Lakh|
|MS in Finance||32.1 Lakh|
|MS in computer science||20.6 Lakh|
|BBA management||20.6 Lakh|
|Master of actuarial science||33.8 Lakh|
Cost of Studying and Living in Atlanta
The city of Atlanta is known for the quality of education it provides but also for the fact that the city is affordable also.
- Tuition fees for international students in Atlanta approximately cost US$36,600 /INR 2,722,674. (This is an average of the tuition fees, there are possibilities that fees can be more and less than this cost.)
- On average, it is estimated that a student needs £743 Or INR 62,018.21 per month for general expenses, and an additional £1590 or INR 132,717.3 for rent for a single bedroom apartment in the city.
Career in Atlanta
Atlanta is also known as an economic hub because of CNN, television network, airlines and have headquarters of Coca-cola. The city is also known for hiring opportunities. Many graduates are hired by popular industries in logistics, business services, media, IT, sales and many more. Fintech is another shining star of Atlanta with more than 100 financial technology firms. Moreover, Atlanta International Airport is the most popular job provider in the city for offering more than 63000 jobs.
Interesting Facts about Atlanta
- Atlanta is home to approximately 57 colleges and universities.
- In America’s largest urban areas Atlanta is 7 in student enrollment. Moreover, it stands at 6 positions in terms of college graduates. (bachelor degrees)
- Moreover, it is one of the top seven urban centres where the degree is awarded in engineering, computer sciences, math, physical, biological sciences, health professions, business, arts and theology.
- Further Georgia has 130000 jobs in all industries from colleges and universities of Atlanta.
- Atlanta stands as a national leader for college-educated 25 to 34-year-olds, according to the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce.
Are you planning to pursue Universities in Atlanta? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.