STEM courses have gained immense popularity over the last few years with students. Not only students from the science background but also commerce background are interested in pursuing STEM courses because of the advantages these courses have to offer. The USA is one of the top destinations for pursuing STEM courses. In this blog, we shall list out all the popular STEM Courses in the USA for commerce students and the universities offering them. Read on to know more!
This Blog Includes:
What are STEM Courses?
STEM courses refer to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics courses. These courses require research and reasoning to solve problems and lead to diverse career paths in multiple fields. Since STEM courses deal with an applied, multi-subject approach to education, students graduate with an in-demand set of skills. There are many STEM courses in the USA for commerce, science and humanities students offered by top colleges and universities.
Why Pursue STEM Courses in the USA?
STEM courses have various advantages and benefits. Unlike any regular course, a STEM course offers a number of benefits and widens horizons in the job sector. Let’s have a look at the benefits of pursuing STEM courses –
- Increased Salary Prospects: STEM students have an easier time finding work because they are trained with added skills. This ensures that these students will be paid more, anywhere around INR 60 Lacs and INR 90 Lacs per year.
- Better Job Opportunities: There are certain countries that are making it simpler for STEM graduates to get work, like – United States, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- Better Global Perspective: Getting a degree in STEM from a prestigious university shall make a student eligible for citizenship in any country on the planet.
STEM MBA – A STEM Programme for Commerce Students
If we speak factually, business programs cannot be included under STEM courses. However, over the past few years, some US universities have added STEM MBA programs to encourage international admission. The STEM MBA program includes accounting, finance, business analytics, marketing, economics, information technology, statistics, law. These programs provide business skills needed to establish a career in the management sector.
STEM MBA programs are a blend of business and analytics courses. They emphasise on building business skills using data sciences. Therefore, only those students should opt for a STEM MBA if they are comfortable with the technical and science-based curriculum.
STEM MBA – Top Universities
Listed below are the top universities offering STEM courses in USA for commerce students –
- Harvard Business School
- MIT Sloan School of Management
- Columbia Business School
- UC Berkeley Haas School of Business
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management
- Dartmouth Tuck School of Business
- Wisconsin School of Business
- Charlton College of Business
- Whitman School of Management
Must Read: Career Options after Commerce Without Maths
STEM MBA Courses Offered by USA Universities
Listed below are the top STEM MBA courses offered by US business schools:
- STEM-designated track – Michigan Ross
- STEM MBA concentration – Yale SOM
- Full-time MBA –Columbia Business School
- Management Science and Quantitative Analysis – Dartmouth Tuck
- STEM Concentration – UNC Kenan Flagler
- Full-time MBA – Stanford GSB
- Full-time MBA – NYU Stern
- Management Science – Northwestern Kellogg
- MBA (All programs) –UC Berkeley Haas
- MBA (All programs) – CMU Tepper
- Master of Business Analytics – MIT Sloan School of Management
- MS Business Analytics & Information Management, Purdue – Krannert School of Management
- MS Marketing, Purdue – Krannert School of Management
- MS Global Supply Chain Management, Purdue – Krannert School of Management
- MS Economics, Purdue – Krannert School of Management
- MBA in Operations and Technology Management (MBA specialization) – Wisconsin School of Business
Related Read: STEM MBA Courses in USA
The eligibility criteria differs for every university and course. However, there are certain basic requirements that must be fulfilled by every applicant. Here is the eligibility for STEM courses in USA:
- Candidates must have a 3- 4 year bachelor degree in the relevant field.
- GMAT/GRE scores are required along with English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOFEL, PTE
- Applicant must have acquired F-1 USA student visa status
- Applicants must submit all the mandatory documents
- Applicant must ensure they are eligible for STEM OPT
Listed below are the necessary documents required at the time of submitting application for STEM courses in USA for Commerce Students:
- Official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- Postgraduate applicants have to submit a translation of the degree certificate in case the degree certificate is in another language other than English.
We hope this blog answers your doubts on STEM Courses in the USA for commerce students! Want to pursue a STEM degree abroad but don’t know the university to go to? Don’t worry as our revolutionary AI Course Finder is here to help you find the best-fit university abroad. Feed-in your choices and let the AI compare them against millions of accessible data points from across the world. Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts today to know more!