McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin is one of the oldest business school in the United States. McCombs School of Business offers a large range of academic and research services to its students. It is one of the most prolific business school. Moreover, it is known for its legacy, diversity, alumni. It is especially famous for the amount of investment it puts in the holistic development of each of its student.
MBA Degree Programs
- The college offers six different MBA programs. The college also offers the Texas Executive MBA, which could be completed at the Texas main campus itself.
- They also offer a dual-degree MBA program awarding an MBA from the University of Texas (Austin) and a Masters of Administration from Tecnológico de Monterrey – Campus Santa Fe.
Facilities at McCombs School of Business
- The college has a 3-building complex.
- The first building is the College of Business Administration Building.
- The second building, or the current home for MBA students, is the Graduate School of Business Building.
- Lastly, the third building is also the newest building on the campus. Opened in 2008, it is the location of the Executive MBA program. It also has 3 restaurants and a hotel. Also, this building in the complex is known as AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center.
World Class Faculty at McCombs School of Business
- McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin holds some of the most prolific faculty members on their panel.
- Furthermore, McCombs has 126 full time and 110 visiting faculty members. Their faculty ranks amongst the Top 5 national faculties.
- As a matter of fact, the faculty at McCombs also boast real-world business expertise along with an impressive educational background.
Student Body & Alumni at McCombs School of Business
- There are about 12000 students that study at McCombs, there are 2700 students in the master’s program, 6126 students in Business Foundation program, and 4500 undergraduates.
- Graduates from McCombs School of Business get really competitive salary. This is because they get placement offers from some of the best companies in the world.
- McCombs has a very rich alumni network spread all across the globe. Consequently, the students join the global network of 495,000 UT Austin Alumni, and 20,000 McCombs Alumni, spread across 150 countries across the globe.
Some of the most accomplished alums include Red McCombs, co-founder of Clear Channel Communications, Inc. and McCombs Energy, James J. Mulva, former CEO of energy giant ConocoPhillips Co. and many more.
The school has a legacy of creating top executive and business leaders. Most importantly, the McCombs School of Business aims at taking the university’s initiative of perusing a new vision of foreign education forward, while educating leaders who will create value for the society.