“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” While every sports athlete chases their dream to ace their performance in their respective arena, the need for financial aid can be the best support they need to accomplish their educational goals on the side. Well, we bring good news for all the sports athletes in the country as there are various organisations that have come forward with scholarships for underprivileged sportspersons. Some of these scholarship programs not just help with education but also with various other expenses incurred. Recently, the Champ for Life Academy and the Shayamli Bhalotia Memorial Trust have launched scholarships for underprivileged sports athletes in India. Read this blog to know all about this scholarship.
Must Read: ISA Youth Scholarship Program
In collaboration with Shayamli Bhalotia memorial trust, Champ for life academy has taken an initiative to provide scholarships for underprivileged sports athletes. They are offering exclusive scholarships to 1000 worthy aspiring athletes in India, who have no access to education or have dropped out of schools or colleges due to the financial crisis. Here are the key features of this education scholarship for sports athletes in India:
- The scholarship will be awarded phase-wise. The first phase will consist of 100 athletes, eventually, it will rise up to 1000. Taking into consideration the current pandemic situation, tuitions and coaching will be provided online. The whole curriculum will be digital except for the examination, which the students need to appear in opted centres. The organisers are even planning to distribute smartphones in future.
- The organisation has tied up with two institutions, i.e. National Institute of Open Schooling for secondary and senior secondary courses and Indira Gandhi National Open University for graduate degrees.
- The age for eligibility for the scholarship is 14 years.
- The financial condition of the family, as well as sporting credentials, will be scrutinised before awarding the scholarship.
- Apart from formal education, the scholarship includes personality development, stress and time management, providing sports nutrition and sports lessons as well.
Apart from this newly launched scholarship, you must also know about the Virat Kohli Scholarship which is another financial aid program for underprivileged sports athletes in India. Initiated by none other than Virat Kholi, who being a sportsperson himself knows how important sports are and what achieving dreams feels like. The VKF was launched in 2013 and has been ever since helping underprivileged sportsperson achieve their dreams. The foundation provides scholarships for underprivileged sportspersons that include coaching, training, fitness, competition and nutrition.
Related Read: Career in Adventure
Thus, these academic scholarships for underprivileged sports athletes are the much-needed step in educating the emerging sports champions in India! For winning medals national as well as international the athlete should be well trained and focused which is only possible if the athlete’s dedication is solely on the game and not torn between dreams, survival and education. Thanks to such organisations who provide scholarships to underprivileged sportspersons so that they can win medals and fulfil their goals. Stay tuned to Leverage Edu for more such updates on education and scholarships from around the world!