Studying abroad can be a delightful academic experience of your lifetime. But it is also important to know how you can grab the best cost-efficient study abroad opportunities if you are planning your further studies on a significant budget. The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship launched by the French Ministry has been helping students in this venture since January 1999. The scholarship aims to support top-rated international students who aspire to pursue their Masters and PhD programmes from French institutions associated with these schemes. Students from diverse interdisciplinary backgrounds such as science, law, political science, and economics are eligible to apply and experience an in-depth academic curriculum that aims to generate future world leaders. If you see yourself as an eligible potential for this highly acclaimed scholarship continue reading this blog to know all about it.
|Name of the scholarship||Eiffel Excellence Scholarship|
|Applicable for||All universities in France|
|Max Amount to be awarded||INR 1,24,278/-|
|Type of scholarship||Merit-based|
|Application Dates||Application opens in September and closes in January every year|
This Blog Includes:
What is Eiffel Excellence Scholarship?
With an aim of popularising French Higher Education amongst the international student community, The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs established the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program in 1999. Standing out as one of the most renowned European Scholarships, the program focuses on educating aspirants in France’s top post-secondary institutions and enables them to hold leading positions in the field of science, economics, law, political science, and management. The French Ministry has taken special initiatives to encourage students from emerging countries in Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East to apply for this scholarship as an aid for better educational growth.
Also Read: Oasis Scholarship
Eiffel Scholarship Program Application Objectives
Applicants should adhere to the reflected steps to apply for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program:
- The program strictly accepts only those appeals which are acknowledged by French higher learning institutions. So candidates should appeal to the interested institutions first, instead of directly applying for the scholarship.
- French higher education institutions shall pre-select candidates for Eiffel scholarships from among the finest external applicants to their academic programs.
- Institutions shall develop and acknowledge the online forms, adopting the construct convenient for each level of study.
- They shall ensure that treatments meet the principles of the Eiffel Program. The duration of the academic program, comprising compulsory internships in France or overseas, must be given in the appeal.
- Each association may submit a peak of 40 candidates per field of study for a master’s scholarship. The Scholarship Committee will refuse partial applications.
Also Read: ETH Excellence Scholarship
Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Requirements
The requirements for Eiffel Excellence Scholarship depend upon various factors. Here is a list of all the important criteria for the scholarship:
- Nationality – They restricted the Eiffel Program to non-French citizens. Applicants with two communities, of which one is French, are not qualified.
- Age – Applicants for the grasp’s peripheral must be 25 or under at the moment of the 2022 competition.
- Sources of application – Only petitions proposed by French academic establishments will be established. These institutions carry out accepting awardees to the academic register pointed out in the application. We shall not deal with demands from any alternative authority. The committee will invalidate any competitor recommended by over one association.
- Academic levels targeted – We propose Eiffel Set up awards for scholars pursuing to engage in a master’s-level program in France (adding at a tutor of architecture) and for doctoral candidates. Only programs accepted by the French authority are acceptable. The Eiffel Register cannot be enforced at French-run programs overseas or in partnership with preparation contracts or specialist education.
- Scholarship conflicts – Applications choosing scholars who, at the present of appeal, have been presented to another French authority help will not be recognized, indeed if the alternative award covered health guarantee.
- Masters components – An application proposing a student dismissed in a preceding competition will not be recognized, indeed if the application was referred by a special association or in another handling of research. Scholars who have already undergone an Eiffel master’s education are not qualified to obtain another at the understanding’s degree.
- Language proficiency – When pre-selecting non-French-declared applicants, institutions shall provide that the applicants’ vocabulary proficiencies satisfy the academic program.
Document arrangement is a vital step in implementing the scholarship rewards. Aspirants are uncertain about what details it required for the scholarships and edge up losing out on scholarship opportunities. To appeal for Eiffel Excellence Scholarships, applicants must qualify for the consecutive collection of documents:
- First thing you need is a CV for scholarship that is to explain your skills and experience
- Then you require a detailed research proposal
- Planned study essay
- Motivational Letter
- Photocopy of all educational documents (transcripts/positions/certificates)
- English Proficiency Certificate (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Recommendation Letters by any two previous professors/Institute.
- Copy of valid passport.
- (SOP) revealing what would be your improvements to the establishment if you get chosen for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship.
Also Read: France Work Visa for Indians
Application Process of the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship
- Step 1: First and foremost, the application form of the scholarship must be accurately filled by the candidate and sent to the particular French institution they wish to apply for.
- Step 2: This application is taken forward by the significant institution and they apply to the scholarship committee on behalf of the student.
- Step 3: It is crucial for the applicant to contact the International helpdesk of the University to keep up to date with the progress of their scholarship application.
- Step 4: Applicants can also keep up to date by contacting the French Embassy office in their home country.
Eiffel Scholarship Benefits
According to the previous award history for the eligible students, the Eiffel Scholarship program gives away a maximum amount of €1400 (INR 1,24,278) for students. While a doctor program enables the aspirants to get €1700 (INR 1,44,812) after a month of their academic session. Although these rewards are given at an interval of a monthly basis, here is a detailed breakdown of how the scholarship money can be utilised during your academic career.
|Type of Expenses||Indicators for the coverage of scholarship|
|Tuitions and Fees||Not Covered|
|Living Expenses||Scholarship covers this|
|Accommodation||Scholarship covers this|
|Airfare/Travel Expenses||Scholarship covers this|
|Spouse/Child Care||Not Covered|
|Health Cover||Scholarship covers this|
|College Application Fee||Not Covered|
|Miscellaneous||Scholarship covers this|
To help you with all queries related to this here is some crucial information about Eiffel Excellence Scholarship.
- This scholarship is available in all universities in France.
- The scholarship targets masters and phd programmes.
- According to the estimations, 70% of the fellowships are awarded to the highest-scoring applicants
- The remaining fellowships are allocated to admissible candidates at establishments that have not even heard an education
- The committee declares the details of awardees on the Square France website every year. Each university makes a description of the proceeds of the appeals it receives.
Hope this blog helped you with the various requisites for the Eiffel excellence scholarships. Planning to pursue your studies at French universities? Sign up for a free session with Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 and grab the opportunity to secure your admission!