Nanyang Technological University is the leading institute of academic excellence in Singapore. Ranked 13th by QS World Rankings 2021; the university has amassed great popularity in a short span of time because of the high student satisfaction rate, quality education and excellent career prospects. The university has over 5000 international students enrolled in their graduate and post-graduate programmes. If you are planning to study at NTU in Singapore then check out the acceptance rate, eligibility criteria and more!
This Blog Includes:
NTU Acceptance Rate
NTU Singapore offers a surfeit of high-quality academic courses in different subject areas like engineering, sciences, humanities, business and sports science. The chances of admission differ depending upon the programs and changes every year due to high competition, thus, the acceptance rate falls somewhere between 25 to 35%. The competition for international students is fierce; students must have a strong academic profile along with strong extracurriculars and high scores in standardised tests to be considered.
Let us look at the eligibility criteria requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered at NTU. The admission requirements for Indian students are as follows:
- Candidates must have 90% in all subjects including English in 12th Board, not including subjects like other languages, Home Science, Art and Fashion Design
- Candidates applying to engineering or sciences courses with a good rank in JEE Advanced are favoured during the admission process.
- Candidates have to submit scores of IELTS with a minimum Overall 6 and Writing 6 or TOEFL with a minimum of 90 or SAT (a minimum of 1250) or PTE Academic with a minimum of 55 or ACT with Writing (a minimum score of 30 in ACT with Writing in one sitting) or C1 Advanced if English is not the medium of their studies.
- Candidates who are Medallists of International Science Olympiads Competitions in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Informatics, Astronomy and Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) are favoured during the admissions process.
- Candidates must meet the specific subject requirements of the programme they are applying to.
- Candidates applying for graduate programmes by research or coursework are required to submit GMAT/GRE or GATE scores depending on the programme and English proficiency test results if their bachelors’ medium of language was not English.
- Indian students do not have to appear for the NTU Entrance Examination.
The admission process at NTU has started; applications for undergraduate admissions are available on their website and the last date of submission is 19th March 2021. All applicants must pay the application fees, fill out the personal information and education qualification before selecting the programme of their choice and uploading documents.
Popular Courses and NTU Acceptance Rate
NTU Singapore offers popular courses to local and international students. The university has extremely high standards when it comes to academics which is why some of their courses are not popular but also tough and competitive. Some of the most famous courses and ranked subject areas at NTU are mentioned below:
- Materials Science
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Communication & Media Studies
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Information Systems
- Environmental Sciences
- Library & Information Management
- Business Management Studies
- Art and Design
The admission process for NTU programmes as already started. The entire process is online; candidates can fill out the application form, upload documents and pay the fees.
The acceptance rate for NTU ranges from 25 to 35% depending on the course and program.
Both universities are extremely prestigious, highly competitive with low acceptance rate.
NTU is difficult to get into but not impossible. Academically gifted students with strong co-curricular are favoured and good performance in essay and interview can increase your chances.
Indian students who completed their 12th studies in English as the medium of language don’t have to give SAT/IELTS/TOEFL exams for NTU.
This was all about NTU acceptance rate and eligibility criteria. The admission process is already underway, students interested in studying in Singapore should start applying now. If you need help with the student loan requirements or student visa then get in touch with Leverage Edu!