Established in 1956, the Nanyang Business School of Nanyang Technological University is Singapore’s oldest b-school. Above all, going by the number of students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate, and executive programs from the school (6,800), it is also the largest business school in Singapore. Acknowledged as Singapore’s Premier Business School, it is also consistently ranked among the world’s best B-schools. Its MBA program has been ranked Singapore’s no. 1 by The Economist and in 2017, the FT Global MBA ranking placed it at 2nd position worldwide. Moreover, the school is accredited as 1st in Singapore and 3rd in Asia by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) as 1st in Singapore and 3rd in Asia. Let’s understand more about the Nanyang Business School MBA Program.
This Blog Includes:
- The flagship 12-month MBA program offers students with in-depth, practical real-world problems in business models, rigorous academic theories, and management philosophies across multiple industries to prepare them to excel in the universal environment.
- This program places great focus on international exposure, leadership and real-world problems. Therefore, there are 9 core and 4 elective courses. The MBA incorporates the following 3 components:
- Strategy Projects at Nanyang (SPAN)
- Leading People Globally
- Business Study Mission (BSM)
- Students indulge in a live strategy project and work in groups to deal with an organization’s real-life strategic opportunity. Additionally, they also engage in an inclusive leadership course. Opportunities are offered to students to be a part of a Business Study Mission (BSM). They get to study specific segments of corporate/business/industry/government entities to acquire insights and get to know about relevant practices in a particular country every year.
- The faculty is globally known and highly sought after as advisers and business consultants. Hence, they have expertise in facilitating a diverse and highly motivated cohort and bringing out a wealth of skills, experience, and knowledge from a gamut of professional and cultural backgrounds.
Why Study an MBA At Nanyang?
The flexible 12- or 18-month Nanyang MBA program is offered by Nanyang Business School (NBS), a division of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), in Singapore. Its goal is to help you develop into a future-ready leader with the abilities required to succeed in a global, digital economy. It also encapsulates the worldwide trend towards sustainability and gets you ready to rethink business for a sustainable future.
Curbing an Innovative Attitude
Their goal is to help you become a creative thinker who can come up with novel solutions to issues. Their distinctive interdisciplinary curriculum, which makes use of NTU’s strengths in technology and innovation, knowledge from top academic institutions, and solid industry ties to provide real-world learning experiences, is essential to this.
Empowering Impactful Leadership
Their objective is to develop leaders with a strong sense of purpose who are nimble and influential. We do this through coaching, an Asian leadership series centred on your personal leadership development, and the capstone program Leading People Globally (LPG). These experiences are paired with knowledge of important ethical and sustainable business practices that help companies as well as society at large.
Global outlook, Asian insights
Your transformation into a culturally competent leader with the business framework to win in Asia and beyond will be accelerated by NTU’s flagship MBA program, which combines a global perspective with our in-depth Asian business insights based on consumer psychology and cultural intelligence research. You can tailor your educational experience to include a double degree program with their esteemed international partners or an overseas exchange program for broader global perspectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Competitive GMAT or GRE score
- TOEFL score > 100 IBT or IELTS score > 6.5, if English was not the medium of instruction used at the undergraduate level
- Round 1: 1 November
- Round 2: 15 January
- 3rd Round: 31 March
The institutional code for the following tests are:
S$81,750.00 (inclusive of GST)
Nine Core Courses
- Strategic Management
- Technology & e-Business
- Analytics for Decision-Making
- Economics & Markets*
- Corporate Governance & Ethics*
Four Elective Courses from One of These Tracks
- General Management**
- Strategy & Innovation
- Banking & Finance
- Marketing Management
- Business Analytics
**Option to select interdisciplinary courses
Payable by Jul
Payable by Oct
Payable by Feb
(Fees indicated include prevailing GST rate)
*Note: Excludes a Student Services Fee of $126.67 that is subject to change.
The application fee is S$100. An enrolment fee of S$21,800 is payable upon acceptance of the offer and this would be deductible from the full tuition fee. Both the application fee and enrolment are non-refundable.
Grant for NTU Alumni
Alumni of NTU who earned a degree from the university, whether undergraduate or graduate, are eligible for a one-time award of 10% off tuition (before GST). This award can only be used to offset tuition costs; no other fees associated with the course of study may be deducted from it. It will be added to the final payment for the course.
Study Grants for SPRs and Citizens of Singapore
10% of the tuition for full-time Nanyang MBA students who are Singapore citizens or permanent residents are eligible for a study grant. The grant cannot be used to offset additional expenses like miscellaneous or student service fees; it can only be used to offset the tuition charge.
The goal of SkillsFuture Credit is to promote personal responsibility for lifelong learning and skill development. Beginning in January 2016, all Singaporeans who are 25 years of age or older will receive a S$500 opening credit. Under this curriculum, the Nanyang MBA program is a certified course.
At NTU’s Nanyang Business School (NBS), they take pride in producing leaders with the necessary abilities and mentality to advance business, who can grasp dynamic Asia and its prospects, and who are prepared to embrace the digital age.
- If you are fully/*partially sponsored employee from your organisation, there will be a 15% discount on the tuition fee.
- If there are two or more fully/*partially sponsored employees from your organisation are admitted in the same intake of the Nanyang MBA, there will be a 20% discount on the tuition fee.
- The program starts in July every year. With a class size of 88 students, the last batch admitted had a whopping 89% of international students and 40% of women students. Such stats indicate a great and efficient learning environment where students learn from the best minds coming from around the world.
- Presently, the average age of students here stands at 28 years with an average work experience of 5 years. As a result, the students already are well-versed with industry insights before enrolling themselves for an MBA at Nanyang Business School.
|Nanyang MBA program
|Average Age (years)
|Average Work experience (years)
|Average GMAT Score
Campus & Student Life
- This school is located in the world’s third-best and Asia’s most liveable city, Singapore. Resting in the heart of South-East Asia, the city has a population of around 5 million people. Due to its strong efficiency and governance, Singapore has been entitled as the most business-friendly economy in the world for the 10th consecutive year (according to the World Bank). As far as the NTU campus is concerned, it rests in the south-western part of Singapore and students can easily access it by taxi, bus or train.
- The graduate housing is provided only to international full-time graduate students. It primarily focuses on the new students to help them settle in the new environment. Students can choose from various types of accommodation at the Nanyang Heights, Nanyang Valley, and Graduate Hall. Each room has:
- Single Bed
- Study Desk
- Personal Bathroom
- Furthermore, student life at the school is vigorous yet inspiring. This is because, students are occupied with classes, assignments, teamwork, and personal study time. The best part is that it does not simply revolve around just academics. The school believes in training the students to maintain a work-life balance now and life at Nanyang Business School incorporates a gamut of activities to break the monotony of a hectic schedule.
Each MBA participant and the Graduate Studies Career Development Office (GSCDO) at Nanyang Business School collaborate to help plan the next steps in their career journeys. You can take advantage of the guidance and assistance of a committed coach in creating career and job search strategies both during and after the MBA program.
- The typical pay would be in the SGD 80,000–SGD 100,000 range.
- After graduating, 93% of the MBA class found work within three months.
- The Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) sector employed 20% of Nanyang MBA graduates, closely followed by Financial Services/Insurance at 19%. The industries of healthcare/pharmaceuticals and consulting/professional services accounted for 13% of the Nanyang MBA class.
- Seventy per cent of the Nanyang MBA class switched sectors.
- A majority of the class—54%—found work in Singapore, while 65% relocated.
Ans. The admission requirements for the NTU MBA program are:
Minimum of 2 years of work experience.
Competitive GMAT or GRE score.
TOEFL score > 100 IBT or IELTS score > 6.5, if English was not the medium of instruction used at the undergraduate level.
Ans. NTU accepts a GMAT score of 600 and above.
Ans. The Nanyang MBA acceptance rate is around 10.5%, making it a highly competitive program.
Every year, students apply to study at Nanyang Business School MBA in huge numbers with just a few getting in. Experts at Leverage boost your chances of getting in by guiding you from the start till the end. Therefore, If you are still unaware of the first step towards making it to your dream school, let us make it easy for you. So, get in touch with one of the Leverage experts right away!