Nottingham Trent University is an English research university located in Nottingham. Its origins may be traced back to 1843, when the Nottingham Government School of Design was founded, and which is still active inside the institution today. It is located in the city of Nottingham which is in the heart of England. Nottingham Trent University (NTU) focuses on student happiness, graduate employment, and teaching excellence. This is the UK’s 13th largest public research university. It is divided into eight academic schools, each of which is approved by a professional body or organisation. Nottingham Trent University is placed in the band # 501-# 600 by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and #801-1000 according to the QS World University Rankings in 2022. To know more about Nottingham Trent University ranking keep reading this blog!
This Blog Includes:
Nottingham Trent University Ranking
|THE (Times Higher Education) – University Ranking||601-800||601-800||501-600|
|QS – World University Ranking||701-750||751-800||801-1000|
|The Complete University Guide – University Ranking (UK)||38||46||45|
|US News & World Report – Global Universities||1044||1022||954|
|The Guardian – University Rankings||12||41||55|
|ARWU (Shanghai Ranking) – Universities Rankings||701-800||601-700||NA|
Why Study at Nottingham University?
Nottingham is a vibrant and student-friendly city, where heritage and history meet modern culture and where lies the NTU which is a popular university in the UK for student life and international study and recently achieved the (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2022) based on students’ feedback on the sense of community they feel, the diversity and extent of socialising, sports and extracurricular activities that are available at NTU. The institution provides more than 500 programmes in a variety of lucrative fields. Apart from that, NTU provides a variety of short-term and professional courses in a variety of subjects, including the arts, health, science, business, and technology.
Another positive factor that you can look at is Nottingham Trent University Ranking. According to the current Teaching Excellence Framework, NTU delivers gold-rated teaching and learning. This implies that the University regularly provides students with the top teaching standards and outcomes among UK universities. NTU has a reputation for producing world-class research. It has been given the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education, which is the highest national honour granted to a UK institution, in appreciation of its groundbreaking research initiatives.
Work placement is available for all NTU programmes. Students have the chance to volunteer, study abroad, or obtain job experience through the University’s industry partnerships, regardless of the course, they are pursuing. Pepsico, Thomson Reuters, Morgan Sindall, and NHS are just a few of the prominent brands and top firms that have partnered with NTU. According to the research, six months after graduating from NTU, 97 percent of students are employed or enrolled in higher education.
Nottingham Trent University provides a variety of foundation, undergraduate, graduate, professional, and doctorate degrees. Business Management, Arts and Design, Fashion and creative arts programme, Environment and education, Accounting and finance, life sciences and medicine. It also houses one of the major law schools in the United Kingdom. The University excels in sports as well, with significant results in the British University and College Sport divisions.
|Courses||THE Ranking 2022||CUG Ranking (UK) 2022|
|PG Business and Economics||401-500||NA|
|Business & Management Studies||NA||55|
|PG Engineering and Technology||501-600||NA|
|Arts & Humanities||401-500||NA|
|Communication & Media Studies||NA||45|
|Art & Design||NA||23|
The following are the steps and prerequisites for admission to Nottingham Trent University –
- Portal for submitting applications: UG: Visit the UCAS website. PG: Visit the postgraduate programme websites to apply.
- Application Fee: UG – GBP 20 (INR 1,955) / PG: NA
- Full academic transcripts
- English proficiency test (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Academic references
- Personal Statement
- Course-specific requirements
- Updated Resume
Tuition Fee and Living Cost
The tuition charge for the University’s many programmes varies with every programme, based on the duration, modality, and kind of applicant. The following is the cost of attendance, which includes the tuition price for various programmes as well as the cost of living:
- Undergraduate programmes – INR 15 Lakhs
- Postgraduate programmes – INR 12 Lakhs- INR 22 lakhs per year
- Cost of Living, Accommodation – £2,925 to £10,750 (INR 2.5 Lakhs- 10 Lakhs)/ year
- Other living expenses ( including food, transport and social activities) – £1,023 (approx. 1 lakhs per month)
NTU offers distinguished, competitive scholarships of up to 50% to incoming foreign and European students.
- NTU Excellence Scholarships- These scholarships are given to undergraduate and postgraduate students who have excelled academically and have the capacity to contribute to the university community.
Award: 50% or 25% off your tuition fees
- NTU International Merit Scholarships- This scholarship is awarded competitively to students who show a strong commitment to their studies.
Award: worth up to £3,000 (INR 2,93,233)
- NTU International Scholarships-
Award: worth up to £2,000 (INR 1.9 Lakhs)
- Impact Scholarships- New scholarships in partnership between NTIC and NTU
Women in STEM Impact Scholarships: Awarded to students progressing to undergraduate degrees in STEM subjects at NTU (first year only).
Award: worth up to £3,000 (INR 2,93,233)
Sustainability Impact Scholarships: Awarded to students progressing to sustainability-related undergraduate degrees at NTU (first year only).
Award: worth up to £3,000 (INR 2,93,233)
More than 2,300 firms benefited from the resources, ideas, and talents of over 3,700 student placements throughout the 2020/21 academic year.
- A dedicated Employability team is on-hand to advise on how to boost your career prospects, provide practical skills support and help you find part-time, volunteering, placement and graduate job opportunities.
- Employability Centres offer drop-in sessions, and one-to-one appointments, as well as extensive online support.
- Throughout the year, you’ll have the opportunity to meet with top firms and organisations from around the world that are wanting to hire NTU students at Job Fairs.
- NTU is partnered with over 6,000 organisations operating within the private, public and third sectors like Rolls-Royce, Barclays Bank, Experian, Aecom, Big 4, Amazon, Pepsico, Thomson Reuters, Morgan Sindall, NHS etc.
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is one of the largest and most well-known institutions in the United Kingdom. The Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2019 classified it as a top ten UK university based on the quality of its teaching, high levels of student happiness, and graduate employment.
Nottingham Trent University is primarily recognised for its Art and Design, Fashion, and creative arts programmes, but it also has one of the largest law schools in the United Kingdom. The University excels in sports as well, with significant results in the British University and College Sport divisions.
The admittance rate ranges from 10% to 20%, making this UK higher education school extremely exclusive. Applicants from all around the world are welcome to apply.
Campuses all-around Nottinghamshire, each tailored to the needs of our student body. There’s our vibrant City Campus in the heart of Nottingham, the lovely Brackenhurst rural estate, and our dedicated student community at the Clifton Campus.
Hope now you know about Nottingham Trent University ranking. If you want to get into a high university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute consultation.