The USA is home to some of the best public universities in the world. The University of California is one of them, it is the largest public-funded research institutes with 10 campuses spread across the state. University of California, Davis is the 5300-acre campus with 4 colleges and 6 schools, providing 104 undergraduate majors along with 96 graduate & professional degrees to its students. It enrols around 39000 students annually including international students from more than 110 countries. UC Davis acceptance rate is a sure-shot way to crack the strenuous application process of UC colleges.
|% International Students||15%|
|Campus Size (In Acres)||5300|
|Male: Female Ratio||1: 1.5|
|Faculty: Student Ratio||1: 20|
|GPA Range||3.96 to 4.25|
|ACT Range||28 – 34|
|SAT Range||1260 – 1470|
|No. of Campuses||4|
|Hostel & Meals Expenses (Yearly)||INR 11.4 Lakh|
This Blog Includes:
University of California, Davis Rankings
The ranking of the university as per the various sources are given below:
|World Rankings||Rank for University of California, Davis|
|QS World 2023 Ranking of World Universities||102|
|QS World 2023 Ranking of USA Universities||11|
|Times Higher Education World 2023 Ranking (THE)||63|
|US News 2023 Ranking of USA Universities||38|
|Forbes 2023 Ranking of US Universities||23|
Also Read: High Acceptance Rate Universities in USA
University of California, Davis Acceptance Rate for UG Courses
Must Read: One-Year Masters Programs in USA
|BSc(49 Courses)||IELTS – 6.5 & AboveTOEFL – 80 & Above|
|BBA(2 Courses)||IELTS – 6.5 & AboveTOEFL – 80 & Above|
|BE/Btech(16 Courses)||SAT – AcceptedIELTS – 6.5 & AboveTOEFL – 80 & Above|
|MS(45 Courses)||GRE – AcceptedIELTS – 7 to 7.5TOEFL – 80 & Above|
|MBA(1 Course)||GMAT – AcceptedGRE – AcceptedIELTS – 7 & Above|
|MEng(3 Courses)||IELTS – 7 to 7.5|
|MIM(5 Courses)||IELTS – 7 & Above|
|MFA(5 Courses)||IELTS – 7 & Above|
|MA(12 Courses)||IELTS – 7 to 8|
|Other Courses(49 Courses)||IELTS – 6.5 to 7TOEFL – 80 & Above|
Must Read: UCLA vs. UC Berkeley: Which is Better for Indian Students?
The Applicants can submit their application via the online portal of UC Davis. All the international applicants need to follow the same process that is followed by the U.S. Applicants.
The applicants should follow the process below:
- Select your preferred course & semester
- Create your account at UC Application
- Submit the necessary documents
- Submit the Application Fee
- You will receive your UC Application ID number.
Students who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree must fulfil the following requirements.
|India & Pakistan||Completed 10th & 12th from a recognized State or Central Board|
|Sri Lanka||Completed Sri Lankan GCE O & A-Level Exams or completed O and A-Levels through the Examination Authority affiliated with The Joint Qualifications Authority|
|Malaysia||Completed STPM and SPM or A-Levels|
|New Zealand||Completed 13th year with minimum 42 credits at NCEA Level.|
Students applying for a master or doctoral programs are required to hold a bachelor’s degree in the respected field along with meet different test requirements for IELTS, TOEFL, GRE or GMAT.
Also Read: USA Visa Restrictions
The UC Davis acceptance rate is determined by a number of factors. One of them is your documents. The admissions office require the student’s documents to assess their profile and decide whether they are a good fit for the university or not! Here is a list of documents you need in your application process:
- All transcripts of their college work
- Submission of GRE scores of any other program specific course.
- Additional Documents like LOR, SOP, Personal Statement, etc.
Cost of Study
Tabulated below is the cost of studying at UC Davis.
|Undergraduate Programs||INR 3,102,471 / Year|
|Post Graduate Programs||INR 19,99,029 / Year|
Cost of Living
The average cost of living in the USA ranges from $10,000 to $18,000 or INR 8.23 Lakh – 14.82 Lakh per year. This could vary depending on the city of your stay. Given below is the expenses for on-campus accommodation:
|Books & Supplies||INR 94,363/year|
|Room & Board||INR 12,15,202/year|
|Other Expenses||INR 2,95,291/year|
|Room & Board||INR 7,37,436/year|
|Other Expenses||INR 3,30,084/year|
|Room & Board||INR 8,21,406/year|
|Other Expenses||INR 8,57,404/year|
Must Read: Cost of Studying in the USA
- Scholarships, Fellowships, and Grants: UC Davis offers a variety of scholarships and grants, including awards managed by campuses, the University of California, and private institutions. Undergraduate scholarships offered at the University of California, Davis are based on benefits. Scholarships range from INR 7,564 to INR 9,83,320 per academic year.
- External Scholarships: International students can apply for a variety of external international scholarships to study in the United States. These scholarships are awarded by various private institutions and organizations, or by your own government. Examples of external international scholarships are:
- Loreen Arbus Foundation & AWMF Scholarship: This scholarship is aimed at women in journalism and the media. The scholarship will provide INR 1,89,100 paid directly to the institute.
- Ford Empowering America Scholarship: This scholarship is also open to women in journalism and the media. The scholarship will provide the winner with INR 2,26,920 and the runner-up with INR 1,51,280, and the funds will go directly to the university.
- American Muscle’s Student Scholarship: This scholarship program offers INR 1,89,100 to all students majoring in automotive.
- Graduate Student Funding: Funding for graduate research at the University of California, Davis is provided in several forms. Financial assistance; and grants.
- Education Loans: International students can apply for a variety of education loans through private lenders.
Must Read: All About USA Student Visa
The average cost of living in the USA ranges from $10,000 to $18,000 or INR 8.23 Lakh – 14.82 Lakh per year. This could vary depending on the city of your stay
Acceptance rate of UC Davis is 46.35%
UC Davis ranks at 73 as per qs world ranking 2023
You will be required to have a minimum of 2.80 GPA to be selected into UC Davis. And many of the other popular colleges will require you to have higher GPA.
If you want to study at UC Davis then familiarising yourself with the acceptance rate is a sure shot way to get into one of the most affiliate universities in the USA! Call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 and get started on your application!