Hofstra University is a private university in Hempstead, New York. It is the biggest private institution on Long Island. The university offers a wide range of degrees, from bachelor’s to masters to doctorate. We’ve covered all you need to know about the Hofstra University accounting courses in this blog.
|Location||Hempstead, New York|
|Year of Establishment||1935|
|Financial Aid and Scholarships||Available|
This Blog Includes:
Hofstra University Rankings
Following are the rankings of Hofstra University for the years 2022 and 2023:
|US Uni by QS Rankings||# 151-160||2023|
|Best Value Schools by US News||#108||2022|
|Best Colleges for Veterans by US News||#152||2022|
|US College Rankings||#207||2022|
|National Universities (tie) by US News||#162||2022|
About Accounting Courses at Hofstra University
With a concentration in Accounting, it is designed to focus on accounting theory and practice. Throughout the program, students will gain the necessary skills to identify, measure, communicate, and interpret economic information. The field of accounting offers a variety of career choices that include, but are not limited to: positions in public accounting, tax preparation, management accounting, and financial consulting. At Hofstra University, you will learn this course very well by faculties:
- ACCT 101 – Financial Accounting
- ACCT 102 – Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 123 – Financial Accounting Theory and Practice I
- ACCT 124 – Financial Accounting Theory and Practice II
- ACCT 125 – Accounting Entities (Advanced)
- ACCT 126 – Government and Not-for-Profit Accounting
- ACCT 128 – Accounting in a Global Environment
- ACCT 129 – Internal Auditing
- ACCT 131 – Cost Accounting and Advanced Managerial Accounting Topics
- ACCT 133 – Auditing Theory and Practice
- ACCT 134 – Advanced Auditing
- ACCT 135 – Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 136 – Fraud Prevention and Detection
- ACCT 137 – Forensic and Investigative Accounting
- ACCT 139 – Introduction to Strategic Accounting Technologies
- ACCT 140 – Applying Strategic Accounting Technologies for Decision Making
- ACCT 142 – Taxation for Non-Accounting Majors
- ACCT 143 – Income Tax Accounting I
- ACCT 144 – Income Tax Accounting II
- ACCT 145 – Advanced Tax Topics
- ACCT 150 – Advanced Financial Accounting Theory
- ACCT 155 – Readings
- ACCT 156 A-Z – Seminar in Special Topics in Accounting
- ACCT 157 A-Z – Seminar: Special Topics in Accounting
- ACCT 174 – Business Internship
- ACCT 185 – Internship in Accounting
- ACCT 190 – Departmental Honors Candidacy: Essay
Also Read: Aspirants Guide for Admission Process to Study in USA
At Hofstra University, eligibility varies from course to course. The following are the essential requirements for pursuing an accounting Course at Hofstra University:
The student application credentials are reviewed by the admission office regularly. The accepted students are notified on a rolling basis and granted access to a personalized admitted student site for exploring. The students not meeting the application requirements are also notified. The prerequisites for undergraduate admission to Hofstra University are mentioned below:
- Candidates must have completed their class 12 board examination with accounting and Maths as the core subjects for UG courses.
- Candidates must have completed bachelors from a recognized institution for PG courses.
- Accomplished application form
- Transcript of records
- Standardized test results (GRE or GMAT)
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample (as needed)
English Language Proficiency
To categorize students, the TOEFL iBT speaking score and/or the IELTS Academic speaking score are stated:
The application process is straightforward, it may differ depending on the subject.
- Candidates must first fill out an online application.
- After that, you must upload documents such as university transcripts, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and GRE test scores to support your candidacy.
- International students whose first language is not English may be required to take a test such as the TOEFL or IELTS to establish their language skills.
- HGSE will invite selected applicants to take part in a mandatory online interview with admissions committee members.
Cost of Studying
Here are the Hofstra university fees for both UG and PG accounting courses:
|Years of Study||Years||UG||PG|
|First Two Years Of Study||Per Academic Year||USD 49,870 (INR 41.73 Lacs)||USD 69,331 (INR 57.9 Lakhs)|
|Third And Fourth Years||Per Academic Year||USD 49,870 (INR 41.73 Lacs)||USD 69,331 (INR 57.9 Lakhs)|
|Estimated Living Expense||Per Annum||USD 35,274 (INR 29.8 Lacs)||USD 35,274 (INR 29.8 Lacs)|
Hofstra University has introduced scholarships for international students for those students who are enrolled in any undergraduate or postgraduate program:
|Trustee Scholars Program||Full-tuition fee||An average SAT/ACT score of 1530 on a 1600 scale, a min of 3.7(0-92%) GPA, and stood in the top 10% in their High School.|
|Presidential Scholars||29,000 – 30,500 USD/year (INR 23 lakhs to 24.80 Lakhs)||A min GPA of 3.4 (87-89%) and SAT/ACT score in the range of 1310-1600.|
|Provost Scholars||25,500 – 27,500 USD/year (INR 20 lakhs to 22 Lakhs)||A min GPA of 3.2(85-86%), and SAT/ACT score in the range of 1080-1600.|
|Dean’s Scholars||9,500 – 25,000 USD/year (INR 7.74 Lakhs to 20 lakhs)||A min GPA of 2.7(80-82%), SAT/ACT score in the range of 980-1600.|
|Grant Programs||500 USD/year(40,000 INR)||Based on the holistic review of the admission applications.|
Must Read: Study in USA Guide for Indian Students 2023
No, international students aren’t eligible for Federal Work-Study positions.
For the two consecutive semesters at Hofstra, the recipient must maintain full-time status and a minimum of 3.0 (83-86%) cumulative GPA.
Students will be invited into Hofstra Pathway, a program for students who meet Hofstra University’s entrance requirements but have not proved their English language ability.
We hope this blog has given you a good understanding of the accounting courses at Hofstra University. We know choosing the right course and university that runs parallel to your interests is very important. For this, we are sure you’ll be pleased to take the assistance of an AI-based tool at Leverage Edu that gives you personalised suggestions based on your skills, qualifications and interests. Contact our experts at Leverage Eduthey will assist you in your study abroad endeavour. To get a free consultation from us call us at 1800 572 000 now!