A ‘No Objection Certificate” or NOC is an official and legal document that acts as a positive attestation by an organisation in favour of another organization or a person. It stands in the court of law and can be issued by an organisation for a number of causes. From filing government forms related to bank processes, insurance and pension to employee contracts, visas, and immigration, it has many objectives. Further, NOC is also required in cases of rent agreements, admissions, traffic violations, investigation, amongst others. The following blog elaborates on the NOC format, its important elements as well as few samples for review.
This Blog Includes:
Quick Read: What is a Bonafide Certificate?
What is the Format of NOC?
A No Objection Certificate is a document often issued by an individual, organisation or institute to say that they do not interpose any objection to the mentioned details in the certificate. It is commonly requested by employment organisations, educational institutions, visa authorities, mortgage companies, construction firms, etc. to establish that they do not object to an agreement or contract with the concerned individual or organisation. It is an official document that allows an individual or organisation to perform a certain task.
A No Objection Certificate can be issued for various purposes. Below mentioned are some of the key purposes for which one might be asked to issue or obtain a NOC.
- For education/training (by an employee or student)
- For visa or immigration
- For banking-related purposes
- Issued by an employer to allow his/her employee to work with a different department, take different shifts or change parameters of their contract
- For remodelling or reconstruction of a property
Types of NOC
Before delving deeper into the NOC format, let us first understand its types. Here is a list of common types of NOC which one must know about:
- NOC for Visa [Employees]
- NOC for Visa [Students]
- NOC of GST
- NOC from Landlord
- NOC for Leaving Job [Issued by Employer]
- NOC for Banking Requirement
- NOC for Property Transfer
- NOC for Court Purposes
- NOC cum Experience Certificate
- NOC for Starting or Leaving a Course of Study
- NOC for Attending a Conference/Event
- NOC for Tour/Visit
Note: This is not an exhaustive list.
How to Write an NOC?
As per the generally accepted NOC format, there are a few elements that must be mentioned and addressed in the letter. Individuals must keep in mind that a NOC must be on official letterhead of the issuing organisation. The elements of a NOC letter include:
- Name of the person in favour of
- Name of Person Issuing
- Address/Contact of the Issuing Authority
- Date Issued
- Official Signature
Note: There may be more elements depending on the nature of the NOC.
NOC Format for GST
Here is the NOC Format for GST:
I, ______ (Name of the Owner), r/o _________ (Address) here by solemnly confirm and affirm that:
1. I am legally in possession of and the owner of the property bearing address __________.
2. That I have permitted M/s ________ (name of the tenant) represented by _______ for using the aforementioned property for _______ (residential/business/commercial) purpose.
3. I have no objection if M/s _________ (name of the tenant) apply for obtaining GST registration for the aforementioned property.
Verification at ______ (mention place)n on ________ (date) that the aforesaid statement is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
NOC For Employee
As discussed, a NOC serves various purposes, getting a travel visa issued is amongst many. So, if you are also looking for the answer for “How do I write a NOC letter for visa?” then here is a NOC format for the same. Here is the NOC format for employees:
NOC Format for Training/Education
Another important sphere where NOC might be required is when you have to attend a training program as a student or as an employee. To make things clear, here is a sample NOC format for a student or an employee:
To Whomsoever It May Concern
This letter is in reference to Mr/Ms/Mrs. _______________________ who has been a
sincere employee/student at __________________________ in the capacity of
______________________/ of course _________________________. He/She has
consistently shown academic/professional expertise since the day of joining/start of
He/she is hereby allowed participation for the full duration of course/ training at ______________________.
Contact for any inquiries.
Sincerely,[Signature][Name of Supervisor/ Head of Department][Designation][Organisation Address][Contact Number]
NOC Format for Leaving a Job
To Whomsoever It May Concern
This is to certify that Mr/Ms/Mrs. _______________________ has been relieved of his duties and responsibilities as a ______________________ at ____________________________ on his request. We are grateful for services and wish him luck for his future endeavours.
Contact for any inquiries.
Sincerely,[Signature][Name of Supervisor][Designation][Organisation Address][Contact Number]
NOC For Property
Property owners might also be asked to provide an NOC by construction companies seeking their permission to build or remodel on their property. Take a look at the NOC Format for property or residential construction related purposes:
NOC Format for VISA
Sample Letter for Bank NOC
Subject: Letter to Bank for NOC
NOC From Bank
While having knowledge of the important components of a NOC is necessary, knowing how to write it efficiently is also required. Enlisted are some points which you should consider while writing a No Objection Certificate:
- Keep the letter to the point and short.
- Avoid using difficult words and follow a simplistic language.
- Make sure that all the important details related to a NOC format are written.
- The tone of No Objection Certificate should be clear.
- It should always be written on a letterhead.
- If you are writing a NOC for a Travel Visa then your stay duration and purpose should be mentioned clearly.
We hope this blog served its purpose of providing you with the essential information on NOC format as well as other relevant details. If you need help regarding documentation for a visa or any other issues, take the assistance of experts at Leverage Edu by signing up for a free 30-minute career counselling session and we’ll help you sail through the application procedure by providing you with the necessary guidance at every step.