A consolidated mark sheet is a mark sheet given to a candidate by a university upon completion of a certain course. The aggregated mark sheet serves as verification of course completion. It is determined by the subject grade, which is determined by the candidate’s semester and CGPA rate. Consolidated mark sheets are one of the crucial documents supplied by the institution following the completion of your study, and they are also necessary when applying for higher education anywhere in the world. Read to know more about the consolidated mark sheet in this blog.
This Blog Includes:
- What is a Consolidated Marksheet?
- Purpose of a Consolidated Marksheet
- Consolidated Marksheet Format
- Consolidated Marksheet of Different Universities
- Application for Consolidated Marksheet
- Consolidated Marksheet vs Transcript
- Is Consolidated Marksheet the Same as a Consolidated Certificate?
- What is the Difference between Consolidated Marksheet and an Individual Scorecard?
- Types of Consolidated Marksheet
- What Should a Transcript Include?
What is a Consolidated Marksheet?
It is a type of academic transcript that compiles all the marks obtained by a student throughout all the semesters. The word ‘consolidated‘ is referred to as the compilation of several elements into a single, more effective or coherent document. This typically contains an integrated list of all the subjects in each semester with their grades and CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) and is given out on completion of the program. It acts as an assurance that the student has completed the degree program by giving the necessary exams and has also attended classes, workshops, or seminars as prescribed in the course structure. It is also used as proof of a candidate passing from a particular educational institute. Here are the details mentioned in a Consolidated Marksheet:
- Yearly academic performance of the student.
- List of subjects, the grades obtained, and CGPA.
- Subject Title, and Paper Number/Code
- Total Credits and Division Obtained
Purpose of a Consolidated Marksheet
The consolidated mark sheet is critical because it performs the following functions.
- The consolidated mark sheet serves as proof of completion of the individual university’s course.
- The form may be asked as proof that you finished the preceding course when you enrol for higher education.
- It can also be beneficial while applying for jobs.
- It proves that you finished the course at a specific university.
Consolidated Marksheet Format
A general consolidated mark sheet format consists of the following details:
- Name and Roll No. of the student.
- Institution name and the program the student is enrolled in.
- Subjects, their codes, and grades obtained.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average.
It is then concluded with the signature of the concerned authority, university stamp, division obtained, issuing date, and the date on which the result was declared.
Consolidated Marksheet of Different Universities
Here are the consolidated mark sheets for all the major universities in India. Check them below:
Consolidated Marksheet Anna University
TNOU Consolidated Mark Sheet
To apply for the TNOU consolidate mark sheet, students need to fill out this application form:
Click here to download TNOU Consolidated Mark sheet Application Form
Madras University Consolidated Mark Sheet
Here is the application form for the Madras University Consolidated Mark sheet:
Click here to download Madras University Mark sheet Application Form!
Consolidated Marksheet VTU
Here is the application for VTU Consolidated Mark Sheet:
Bharathiar University Consolidated MarkSheet
Here is the application form for Bharathiar University consolidated mark sheet:
Click here to download Bharathiar University Consolidated Mark Sheet
CBSE Consolidated Marksheet
Take a look at the Class 12 Consolidated Marksheet by CBSE:
Application for Consolidated Marksheet
To get your Consolidated Marksheet, you need to visit your university’s official website and apply there. Moreover, you can also go to your university/college campus and submit an application for a consolidated mark sheet and get it issued. Here is how you can write the application to get a consolidated mark sheet:
Head/Controller of Examination
Subject: Application for Consolidated Marksheet
I have recently completed ________ (Name of the degree/course) from _______ (Name of the university) in ______ (year). Please issue my consolidated mark sheet at the earliest.
Consolidated Marksheet vs Transcript
Here is the key difference between a consolidated mark sheet and a transcript:
|It is proof of a student’s enrollment in a college or university||It is a document that highlights a student’s overall academic performance|
|An official academic document obtained by students after the completion of a course, reflecting their performance for the same||Transcripts are more comprehensive documents issued by the university incorporating additional features|
|Focuses majorly on CGPA and the Divison obtained in an academic year||Course Duration, number of hours per week, and an explanation of the grading system followed by the university is whereas covered in this|
|Usually, VISA offices do not accept a Consolidated Marksheet||Accepted by almost all the universities, colleges, and VISA offices|
|This can be submitted when applying for an undergraduate course||For master’s or higher education, transcripts are necessary|
Is Consolidated Marksheet the Same as a Consolidated Certificate?
Yes, there is no difference between a consolidated mark sheet and a consolidated certificate. Both record the performance of an individual during the programme duration. It contains semester-wise grades of the student along with comments on their performance while attending the classes. Some highlights of the consolidated certificate are:
- Details of the candidate’s academic performance
- Can be acquired after course completion
- Semester-wise performance is recorded throughout the course.
What is the Difference between Consolidated Marksheet and an Individual Scorecard?
- Unlike a consolidated mark sheet, an individual scorecard is restricted to a specific semester, the marks and GPA (Grade Point Average) of which are added to that.
- Moreover, in an individual semester mark sheet, there are segregated marks for internal and external examinations. However, in a consolidated scorecard, combined overall marks are mentioned.
Also Read: What is a Bonafide Certificate?
Types of Consolidated Marksheet
It is crucial for a student to read the admission guidelines of the university or college before submitting any documentation to avoid mistakes that may lead to cancellation. Below are the two types of mark sheets which are generally issued by academic institutions and can be used by students to apply for higher studies:
|University Consolidated Marksheet||Issued on the university letterhead and bears the signature of the Controller or Registrar of Examinations along with the university seal.|
|College Consolidated Marksheet||Issued by the college of the college letterhead and bears the signature of the Principal or Registrar of the college along with the college seal.|
NoSome universities in the US ask for semester-wise mark sheets attested by the university.
What Should a Transcript Include?
The following specifications should be confirmed while submitting a transcript as your official document to universities and colleges abroad:
- A transcript should be printed on the university or college letterhead.
- The signature of the appropriate university or college authorities like a principal or registrar should be on the transcript.
- The format of the transcript must be according to university standards and not the consolidated mark sheet format, which is usually provided by Indian universities and colleges.
- The transcript should be sent to the universities abroad in a sealed envelope bearing the stamp and signature of the appropriate authority.
Elements of a Transcript
- Medium of Instruction.
- The total duration of the course is in weeks or months or years.
- Academic Division/ Distinction: First, Second or Third.
- Duration of the date of joining to the date of completion of the course by the student.
- University Details: Established, Number of Courses Offered, Headquarters and Contact Details.
Related Article: Convert CGPA to Percentage
Ans. The graduates need to apply through the official website of the department conceived for the issue of the consolidated mark sheet. But the process may vary from one university to another.
Ans. No. Not all VISA offices accept the submission of mark sheets. They usually require transcripts issued by the university.
Ans. Having the details of the subjects studied during the duration of the course or in an academic year, a consolidated mark sheet serves as proof of enrollment of a student in that university.
Ans. It is the same as the mark sheet and both highlight the student’s academic performance throughout the course duration.
Ans. It is an official document issued by the educational institute to state the marks received by a candidate in the course duration.
Ans. Yes, candidates need to apply for the same at the university or college.
Ans. No, not all universities accept them. Some VISA offices also tend to reject these as academic proof.
We hope that through this blog, you were able to understand what exactly a consolidated mark sheet is and how is it used in the admission and application process across universities and colleges. You may contact our experts at Leverage Edu to know in detail about the other essential documents like SOP or LOR that are needed while applying for a course abroad!