MSc in Operations Management is an advanced degree that provides students with specialized knowledge and equips them with skills required in the workplace. Students will learn about operations strategy, quality management, supply chain planning, design of operations, and more. The program is a combination of cutting-edge academic thinking and practical industry practices. Operations Management is crucial for any organization’s growth and development. In this blog, we have discussed about MSc in Operations Management.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Master’s in Operations Management?
The following are the reasons why students prefer to study MSc in Operations Management:
- Students will get a diverse range of knowledge about control and design production processes, business operations, and redesigning.
- An MSc in Operations Management prepares students for managerial and strategic positions in organizations.
- The program helps students develop management skills by working with the latest technologies
- Students will be taught by highly-qualified teachers and practice with industry professionals
- It is a flexible career choice offering jobs in various management sectors
Also Read: MBA in Operations Management
MSc Operations Management Syllabus
The syllabus for MSc Operations Management includes various topics. The syllabus may vary depending on the university. Given below are the topics that will be covered in MSc Operations Management:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Operations Management||Operations Analytics|
|Supply Chain Management||Quantitative Methods for Business|
|Project Management||Strategy Analysis and practice|
|Fundamentals of Economic Behaviour||Foundations of Financial & Management Accounting|
|Design in Business||Big Data Analytics|
|Demand ad Inventory Planning||Leadership|
|Fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma||Supply Chain Risk and Adaptation|
The following are the top universities to pursue MSc in Operations Management:
|Universities||QS World Ranking 2023||Avg Tuition Fees||In INR|
|Massachusettes Institute of Technology||1||$80,400||65.68 Lakh|
|Carnegie Mellon University||52||$72,800||59.47 Lakh|
|University of Michigan||25||$57,600||47.05 Lakh|
|Stanford University||3||$133,600||1.09 Cr|
|University of Pennsylvania||13||$76,000||62.09 Lakh|
|Michigan State University||159||$57,600||47.05 Lakh|
|Columbia University||22||$77,376||63.21 Lakh|
|Harvard University||5||$52,456||42.85 Lakh|
|University of Texas||72||$53,856||44.00 Lakh|
|Duke University||50||$75,500||61.68 Lakh|
|Universities||NIRF Ranking 2022||Avg Tuition Fees|
|St. Stephen’s College||11||–|
|Kirori Mal College||10||Rs.9,334|
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies||N/A||Rs.67,500|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University||N/A||Rs.10,800|
|GITAM Institute of Management||N/A||Rs.3,96,000|
|School of Management Dr DY Patil University||N/A||Rs.1,50,00|
A candidate must meet all the requirements to pursue MSc in Operations Management:
- To pursue MSc in Operations Management, a candidate must have completed their bachelor’s from a recognised institute with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- You may be asked to submit your English language proficiency test score. IELTS: 7.0, TOEFL: 100.
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Statement of purpose
- Work Experience (if applicable)
- Proof of Financial Stability
- Reference letter
- Letters of recommendations
- Research Proposal (for PG Research)
The application process takes place over some time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually.
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Jobs and Salary
There are many professional career paths that one can opt for after pursuing a degree in Operations Management:
|Job Profiles||Salary||In INR|
|Project Manager||$81,540||67.25 Lakh|
|Operations Manager||$65,167||53.74 Lakh|
|Director of Operations||$138,030||1.13 Cr|
|Director of Human Resources||$101,399||83.63 Lakh|
|Quality Manager||$83,426||68.80 Lakh|
The following are the top recruiters for operations management:
- Johnson and Johnson
- Procter and Gamble
A. MSc in Operations Management is an advanced degree that provides students with specialized knowledge and equips them with skills required in the workplace. Students will learn about operations strategy, quality management, supply chain planning, design of operations, and more.
A. Massachusettes Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, and the University of Michigan are some of the top universities to pursue MSc in Operations Management.
A. A candidate must meet all the requirements to pursue MSc in Operations Management:
To pursue MSc in Operations Management, a candidate must have completed their bachelor’s from a recognised institute with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks
You may be asked to submit your English language proficiency test score. IELTS: 7.0, TOEFL: 100.
Well, we hope that this blog has provided you with the relevant knowledge related to MSc in Operations Management. And if you are planning to study MSc in Operations Management or any other course in any other country, contact our study experts call us at 1800-572-000, and book your free counselling session today. You can also connect with us at the Leverage Edu website.