Known as the ‘Land of the Rising Sun’, Japan is an island country in East Asia located in the Pacific Ocean. The country is the homeland of cherry blossoms, karaoke, bullet train, instant noodles, and Nintendo Wii. It is a leading nation in scientific research along with maintaining its ancient tradition and values. Emerging as an appealing and inviting study abroad destination for students across the globe, Japan offers excellent education and world-class facilities for higher education. Read our guide to find out everything you need to know about MBBS in Japan.
Why Pursue MBBS in Japan?
Whether you are attracted by high educational standards or the rich cultural heritage of the country, below is a list of reasons as to why you should consider pursuing MBBS in Japan:
- Japan provides high educational standards in the field of science expanding opportunities after completing an MBBS degree.
- Reasonable education fees and a wide range of scholarship programs make Japan highly preferable for an MBBS course.
- Learning is all about building a new perspective and vision. This is very significant while pursuing a degree in medicine.
- An interesting opportunity to grasp the Japanese language all throughout your degree program.
- The process of studying in Japan is quite simple and systematic.
- Known to be one of the safest countries in the world, Japan also has one of the world’s most advanced healthcare systems. This has resulted in a high life expectancy rate.
- Japan has a strong job market for highly qualified MBBS professionals due to sustainable Japanese medical education.
- Many public universities in Japan promote international education to magnify the quality of medical education.
- Secure accommodation facilities with a comfortable environment for students.
Top Universities for MBBS in Japan
A bachelor’s degree in medical science may vary depending on the university. Below is a list of major universities that are offering an MBBS in Japan:
- Tokyo Medical University
- Tohoku University
- Nagoya University
- Kyushu University
- Chiba University
- Keio University
- Waseda University
- Tokyo Medical and Dental University
- University of Tsukuba
- Kyoto University
- Osaka Medical College
- Aichi Medical University
- Kobe University
- Wakayama Medical University
- Shiga University of Medical Science
Duration of Pursuing MBBS in Japan
Major bachelor’s degree courses in medical science offered by Japan have a total duration of six years, divided into two parts:
- 5 years of classroom education
- 1 year of internship or training
MBBS in Japan: Eligibility Criteria
Below is a list of basic criteria that need to be fulfilled before you apply for MBBS admission in Japan:
- Your age must be above 17 years.
- You must have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% in class 12th.
- You must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as subjects in class 12th.
- NEET is a compulsory exam.
- Some universities may also require TOEFL/IELTS test.
- You must provide all the certificates such as mark sheets, school leaving certificate etc to authenticate your qualification while sending an application for admission.
Opportunities for Indian Students after MBBS in Japan
- Students can pursue higher education and training in the UK or US.
- Students can practice medicine and settle in Japan after the completion of their degree.
- Students can return back to India and start practicing medicine or pursue advanced studies after undergoing an MCI screening test.
Study MBBS in Japan & Explore the Colorful Country
- Attractive and enriching year-round traditional ceremonies and summer festivals build a friendly atmosphere for students to enjoy and discover the gems of the country.
- Studying in Japan gives you an unparalleled chance to live, work and explore the quirky pop culture.
- Inhabited with a fascinating history of war and intrigue, Japan is all about exploring the peaceful shrines and temples, museums and much more.
- Students have a broad opportunity to master the skills of judo, kendo, karate, and kyudo and to be trained at one of the world’s foremost university clubs.
- Japan is filled with unique and wonderful cuisine like sushi, sashimi, ramen, tempura, miso soup, shabu-shabu, onigiri, etc.
- There is a range of never-ending glittering delights in Japanese cities to discover while pursuing MBBS in Japan.
Other options to pursue MBBS from abroad:
- MBBS in Australia
- MBBS in New Zealand
- MBBS in Bangladesh
- MBBS in Poland
- MBBS in Ukraine
- MBBS in Malaysia
- MBBS in Europe
- MBBS in China
- MBBS in Germany
Medicine is one of the most desired career paths for medical science students across the globe and the journey to becoming a doctor starts with gaining a degree in MBBS. Now that you know how you can pursue MBBS in Japan, the next step is to select the right university and explore the admission details. You don’t have to handle all that by yourself, the experts at Leverage Edu can help you in filling out your applications and in shortlisting a college that is best suited for you.