Being a multi-trillion dollar business on its own, the real estate industry is a dynamic platform where every day you get to learn something new about the most crucial element on this earth, land. With every other person trying to invest in a plot of land or buy a house, the professional aspects of this industry are challenging, fulfilling, and fast-paced where learning never stops. According to IBEF estimates, by 2040, the real estate market will grow to Rs. 65,000 crore (US$ 9.30 billion) in India. If you want to turn your career in real estate around then here are some excellent courses and universities for Real Estate.
This Blog Includes:
- Real Estate Courses
- Eligibility Criteria for a Real Estate Course
- Top Universities for Real Estate
- Admission Process for Real Estate Universities
- Job Opportunities
Real Estate Courses
Many universities offer Bachelor’s Degree for real estate that structure their curriculum with a strong foundational core in business and management. After the completion of those real estate degrees which lasts for a maximum of two years mostly, the graduates can directly get into entry-level jobs. Here are a few well-reviewed modules on Real Estate globally provided by most of the top universities:
- Real Estate Law
- Urban Fiscal Policy
- International Housing Comparisons
- Urban Public Policy and Private Development
- Real Estate Investment: Analysis and Financing
- Introduction to Real Estate and Urban Land Economics
- Introduction to Real Estate Finance
- Urban and Real Estate Economics
- Real Estate Fundamentals
- Analyzing Real Estate Markets
- Designing Livable Communities
- Real Estate Development Analysis
- History of Planning and Development
- Comparative Real Estate Markets in a Global Perspective
- Real Estate and Sustainability
Also Read: Project Management Courses
Eligibility Criteria for a Real Estate Course
Graduate or Certificate Course
- The candidate must be a 10+2 pass out from any recognized institution/board.
- The candidate must have an aggregate of 50% to get into a real estate course
- The online certification course is mostly available from foreign creators.
- The candidate must review their English proficiency test scores in terms of applying for a foreign university.
- The candidate must complete a full-time graduate course of 2 years preferably in the MBA domain.
- The aspiring candidate must have practical knowledge about the property market, at real estate and local levels
- The students with a bachelor’s degree in fashion designing or any equivalent discipline with an aggregate of 50% also qualify for this course
Also Read: Civil Engineering vs Architecture
Top Universities for Real Estate
Here is a list of the top 5 universities in the world that provides high-level professional courses for Real Estate. While applying for these prestigious universities, Leverage Edu can assist you with a smooth application process and make your admission process much easier.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The MIT Professional Education and MIT Center for Real Estate Professional Certificate is one of the best certifiable courses which offers you a formal recognition of your academic skills and practical experience. Pursuing a professional certificate from MIT will help you in accelerating your knowledge and upskilling your career in a convenient format. The real estate courses usually last for over a two-week period. This is a well-structured program that will be of great help to all the aspirants in different sets of competencies in the field of real estate.
- Real Estate Finance: Fundamentals
- Real Estate Finance: Advanced
- Sustainable Real Estate: Economics and Business
- Commercial Real Estate Development
- Global Real Estate Markets
University of Reading
The Real Estate and Planning department at Henley Business School of Reading University offers an internationally recognized postgraduate course for real estate, spatial planning and conservation. Their programmes are a combination of advanced research with practical insights that caters to the front fold in the field of real estate. Established in 1968 at the University of Reading, this is the only major British Real Estate and Planning Centre which is located within a business school.
- MSc Real Estate
- MSc Real Estate Finance
- MSc Spatial Planning and Development
- MSc Real Estate – Flexible
- MSc Real Estate Investment and Finance – Flexible
- Real Estate Investment and Finance (IPF entry route)
National University of Singapore
The Real Estate Department at the National University of Singapore – Business School follows the fundamentalism of indulging holistic knowledge in real estate and urban studies through innovative research and teaching. The University provides both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes that enable the students to work in both private and public real estate sectors and face challenges that shaped the life and liveability of next-generation cities.
- BSc in Real State
- MSc in Rela State
- Master of Urban Planning
- NUS- Renmin MRE-MBA Double Degree Programme
University of Pennsylvania
The Real Estate Department at Wharton Business School in UPenn is one of the most prestigious real estate courses. Most of the core courses focus on real estate law, finance, and development while the elective courses enable the students to explore an array of issues related to the real estate industry. In order to make the students explore the important aspects of real-world estate and expose them to the frontiers of higher research, the curriculum is structured at the undergraduate and master’s levels.
- Undergraduate Program
- MBA Program
- PhD Program
- Applied Economics Program
University of California – Berkeley
The Real Estate Development and Design Course at UC Berkeley stands out from most of the standard real estate courses as it aims to provide students with in-depth knowledge of the power of design and how to use it effectively. By combining finance and innovative design the course enables the real estate aspirant to build sustainable, equitable, and prosperous next-gen cities. The Abbey Master of Real Estate Development + Design (MRED+D) is a full time on-campus interdisciplinary degree that lasts for 11 months.
- Sustainable Building Systems + Construction
- Equitable + Inclusive Development
- Integrated Development, Architecture + Urbanism
- Real Estate Economics + Market Analysis
- Real Estate Development Finance
- Advanced Real Estate Finance
- Public-Private Partnerships, Strategies + Tools
- Professional Practice of Real Estate Development
- Land Development Law + Regulations
- Development + Design Studio
- Resilience + Urban Development
Admission Process for Real Estate Universities
The admission process for real estate universities can be pretty complicated as it is one of the rarest courses opted by students. In order to make the admission process clear, here’s a step-by-step guide:
- The aspirant should compare and analyse all the topmost colleges for real estate degrees and shortlist the most suitable ones
- The candidate should also research the courses and modules available in each of the shortlisted universities and check whether they fulfil their requirements or not
- The candidate is required to apply on the respective school’s website by paying a certain amount of admission fee
- After getting your offer letter the candidate should start their visa procedure in case of travelling for a foreign university
- After you receive your approved visa plan your flight tickets accordingly and start living your study abroad dream.
Must Read: Rural Development Courses
After the completion of their academic career in Real Estate courses, the candidate can directly start a full-time job in the professional real estate industry. Following are a few bunches of the top designations in this field.
|Job Designation||Description||Average Salary|
|Real Estate Appraiser||They are responsible for making minute research on the Real Estates and the properties and preparing the study report for clients/customers.||INR 3,25,000|
|Real Estate Agent||The agents deal with matters when any purchase and sale of Real Estates are made. They are the mediators between the buyers and the sellers and are often associated with making the right valuation of the property.||INR 2,52,000|
|Property Manager||Being the key professionals of any real estate property, the property managers are required to maintain the property and arrange day-to-day negotiations around lease contracts, and administration of the rental agreements.||INR 8,09,000|
|Community Association Manager||This designation is responsible for the management of the common properties that belong to the cooperatives and communities||INR 9,37,000|
|Investment Analyzer||The Investment Analyzers are responsible for the finance and investment part of the organization or firm. They value property or real estate and are experts in summing out the ROI of the property||INR 6,00,000|
Real Estate has great demand overseas owing to the growing real estate markets. So, if you are planning to pursue a higher career in Real Estate, then our study experts at Leverage Edu can assist you in the entire admission process from the beginning till the end. Connect with us and take a free consultancy session now.