The RBI Assistant Exam is conducted every year by the Reserve Bank of India to fill the vacancies for the assistant posts in many of the banks in India. There are three stages of the exam such as Prelims, Mains and Language Proficiency. The patterns for both exams differ in its nature. But the mode remains the same that is online, also, both the exams are available in both Hindi and English language. Read on to know everything about one of the common bank exams “RBI Assistant Exam”.
This Blog Includes:
- RBI Assistant Exam: Highlights
- RBI Assistant Exam Important Dates 2021
- RBI Assistant Exam Eligibility Criteria
- RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
- RBI Assistant Exam Registration Process
- Application Fee
- RBI Assistant 2021 Salary
- RBI Assistant Exam Cut Off
- RBI Assistant Job Description and Responsibilities
RBI Assistant Exam: Highlights
|Conducting Authority||Reserve Bank of India (RBI)|
|Examination Name||RBI Assistant Recruitment Exam|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Stages||Preliminary, Mains and Language Proficiency|
|Application Fee||Gen/OBC/EWS: ₹450
RBI Assistant Exam Important Dates 2021
|RBI Assistant Notification||TBA|
|Online Application Form Released||TBA|
|RBI Assistant Prelims Admit Card||TBA|
|RBI Assistant Prelims Exam Date||TBA|
|RBI Assistant Result For Prelims||TBA|
|RBI Assistant Mains Exam Date||TBA|
Want to get admission to your dream university abroad? Then, Register Here!
RBI Assistant Exam Eligibility Criteria
The interested candidates have to follow some basic criteria to apply for the exam like:
Candidates have to be between the age of 20 and 28 as of December 1, 2019. There are relaxations as per the categories you belong to like:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 Years|
|Other Backward Classes||3 Years|
|Persons with Disabilities||10 Years for Gen/EWS, 13 Years for OBC and 15 Years for SC/ST|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered in the Armed Forces. Plus additional 3 with maximum age limit of 50|
|Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated and not re-married||10 Years|
|Candidates domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir during 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 Years|
|Candidates having work experience in RBI||To the extent of number of years, a maximum of 3 years|
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream with minimum 50% marks. For other categories, high school pass certificates are enough.
- Candidates must know how to word processes on the computer.
- Candidates should be fluent in the language of the area they are applying for.
- For the ex-servicemen, they should have at least 15 years of experience in the armed force or should have a bachelor’s degree from a university.
|English||Reading Comprehensions; Synonyms; Antonyms; Sentence Corrections; and Word Meanings.|
|General Awareness||Current World News; Geography; History; and Political Science.|
|Numerical Ability||Time and Distance; Time and Work; HCF and LCM; Simple and Compound Interest; Problems on Trains; Average and Pipes; Allegations and Comparisons; Permutations and Combinations; and Probability.|
|Computer Knowledge||Languages; Basic Hardware; Basic Software; Devices; and History of Computers.|
|Reasoning||Number Series; Odd Man Out; Blood Relations; Analogy; Coding and Decoding; Symbols; Row Arrangements; Directions; and Statements Understanding|
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
With the detailed knowledge about the exam pattern of the RBI Assistant Exam, you can start making your preparation strategy accordingly.
- There are a total of 3 sections and 20 minutes are given for each of them, totalling to 60 minutes.
- There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer
The exam format for the prelims exam is discussed below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Conducted a month after the prelims, Mains exam is the next step towards getting selected.
- The total time allotted to answer a total of 200 questions in 135 minutes.
- It also contains a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
The exam format for the main exam is discussed below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Language Proficiency Test
After selection from the main examination, candidates will have to take a Language Proficiency Test (LPT) to prove their general awareness and confidence level. The test will be conducted in the official or local language of the state concerned. And, candidates who are non-proficient in their official or local language may get disqualified.
After all the procedures, once the candidate gets selected, the real joy comes as the salary is not just sufficient but there are added perks worth it for those with minimal knowledge and zero to no degree.
Before you get started with the preparation of the RBI Assistant Exam, it is important to get a hold of the syllabus and all the important topics within it. Here are the important topics of the syllabus for this year-
- Word Meanings
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Current India News
- Political Science
- Current World News
- Concepts of Geography
- Concepts of History
- Permutation & Combination
- Simple & Compound interest
- Pipes & cisterns
- Allegations, Comparison
- Simple & Compound interest
- Train and boat problems
- LCM, HCF
- Time & Distance Concept
- Number Series
- Odd one out
- Directions based-concept
- Blood Relations
- Statement, understanding
- Row arrangement
RBI Assistant Exam Registration Process
If you are looking forward to registering for this exam for the year 2021, following the below mentioned simple steps you can complete your registration.
- Log on to the official website and click on the new registration button present on the homepage.
- Begin your application process by entering your basic details.
- Upload your recent photograph along with the signature in prescribed size and format.
- Now you will be asked to enter your academic as well as professional qualifications.
- Once you have entered all the above mentioned information, you will be asked to review your application before final submission.
- Now you can submit your application and complete the payment process by the option of your choice.
- Once your submission is done, you will receive a unique ID along with a password for further login activity.
The application fee for the RBI assistant exam varies as per the category one belongs to. Stated below is the various application fee for all the categories-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ EXS: Rs. 50 (Intimation Charges)
- General/ EWS/ OBC: Rs. 450 (Examination Fee + Intimation Charges)
- Candidates must know that the applicants belonging to the staff of the organisation are exempted from paying the examination fee as well as intimation charges.
RBI Assistant 2021 Salary
- The Basic Pay will be around ₹14,650/- per month (and ₹13,150 plus 2 advance increments admissible to graduates only).
- RBI assistants are also granted Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc.
- Including the allowances, the Gross Salary would be approximately ₹36,091/- per month.
For more information, click on the link.
RBI Assistant Exam Cut Off
Here is the latest cut off list of the RBI assistant exam for the year 2017-
|Kanpur & Lucknow||72.75||64.25||78.50||85.00|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||76||–||84.25||87.25|
RBI Assistant Job Description and Responsibilities
RBI Assistants is a clerical job profile with individuals working to support in the various departments of RBI offices. Government offices have tons of works and sometimes the job description is less than the job profile. Some of the major task and daily work of the assistant include:
- File Work: An RBI Assistant has to compile all the physical reports and files as what a normal assistant does at a lower level.
- Data Entry: In any private sector or public sector organization, a common job for any Assistant is Data Entry. However, these days, assistant’s jobs have become digitized and all the filings are done on the computers.
- Replying to Mails: RBI is the apex bank of India and is the banks of the banks so the daily intake of Emails or letters is quite high, one which can not be handled by the executives. That’s when Assistants help.
Applicants can easily crack their RBI Assistant exam with the help of proper preparation study plan and regular practice of mock test. Consult the experts at Leverage Edu for quality career guidance in choosing the right specialisation in Banking and Finance and we will ensure that you make an informed decision towards a rewarding career.