Ireland is the land of saints and scholars known for its academic excellence and jolly people around the globe. Ireland has an impeccable education system with top Irish universities offering 5000+ courses to international students. The land of the Irish is an amazing destination to pursue your studies and explore its rich heritage, outstanding higher education facilities, low tuition rates, and a variety of other enticing qualities. Universities in Ireland welcome international students with open arms for two intakes popularly known as the autumn and spring intakes. January intake in Ireland is more popular because it offers more courses, a better acceptance rate, job opportunities and much more.
This Blog Includes:
Difference Between Autumn Intake and Spring Intake
- The Autumn intake takes place between early September and December while the Spring intake takes place between Late January and May
- The application process for the Autumn intake is between February to July while for the Spring intake, it happens between September to October
- The number of applicants in the Autumn intake is usually greater than the number of applicants in the Spring intake making admission easier
|Autumn intake or Ireland September intake application deadline||June/July|
|Commencing of Autumn Session (Semester 1)||September|
|Spring intake or Ireland January
intake application deadline
|Commencing of Spring Session (Semester 2)||January|
Top Universities for January Intake in Ireland 2024
Wondering how you can be a part of a top-ranked university for January intake in Ireland? Attend the Uniconnect Virtual Fair by Leverage Edu and get a chance to directly apply to your dream university with us. Register Now!
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Griffin College Dublin
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- National College of Ireland
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- University College Dublin
January Intake Courses Courses in Ireland 2024
Ireland offers traditional, unconventional, and unique courses to its students. Here are some of the choicest courses during the January intake in Ireland:
- MSc International Accounting and Analytics
- MSc Sports Exercise and Performance Psychology
- MEng Electronic and Computer Engineering
- MSc Healthcare Innovation and Technology
- MSc Blockchain Technologies
- MSc Data Analytics
- MSc Cloud Computing
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Artificial Intelligence
- MSc FinTech
- MSc Digital Marketing
- MSc International Business Management
- MSc International Business Management in Global Brand Management
- MSc Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- MSc Accounting & Finance Management
- MSc Big Data Management & Analytics
- MSc Financial Analytics
- MBA Project Management
- MBA Finance
When to Apply for January Intake in Ireland?
In order to get admission to the January Intake in Ireland, students ought to start applying between the months of June and September. The deadline for the application process varies from university to university. It is advisable to check out their official website to learn about the application process deadlines.
The admission process to study in Ireland differs as per the level of program you have selected. For undergraduate courses, the academic requirements usually depend on the institution while the language requirements mainly specified are as follows:
|Language Proficiency Exam||Qualifying Level|
|IELTS||Undergraduate Courses: An overall score of 6.0-6.5 with no less than a 6.0 score in any of the components
Postgraduate Courses: An overall score of 6.5 with not less than 6.0 in any of the components
|TOEFL (might differ as per the course level)||570 (paper-based)
|Cambridge Proficiency||Undergraduate & Postgraduate Courses: Grade C|
|Cambridge Advanced||Undergraduate Courses: Grade A
Postgraduate Courses: Grade C
|PTE Academic||Minimum score- 36 (Undergraduate)
Minimum score- 63 (Postgraduate)
- Language proficiency scores
- Attested photocopies of the mark sheet from the previous institution
- At least two academic reference letters from the teachers who have taught you recently
- A Statement of Purpose (SOP) & Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
- A brief up-to-date resume
- Four extra certificates of extra-curricular activities
- Portfolio for arts & design programs your portfolio
- Student Visa Copy
Note: English proficiency requirements and other required documents may vary on the basis of the course and institution so it is important that you go through the official website before beginning with the application.
There are two types of student visas available for students who wish to study in Ireland. These are:
- C-Visas (Tourist visa): For an academic program of fewer than 3 months
- D-Visas (Study visa): For an academic program of more than 3 months
You are required to apply for a student visa three months prior to your leave for Ireland. The fee for both types of visas is roughly 60EUR. You are required to submit the following documents in order to get a student visa:
- Two recent coloured passport-sized photographs.
- Evidence of acceptance from the institution in which you have enrolled.
- Money receipt from the applicant to the college sums up the tuition fees too. Ensure that the bank statement has full information about the sender and receiver.
- An English language certificate like IELTS, Cambridge FCE, or TOEFL.
- A valid passport for 6 months.
- Proof of financial ability, depicting that you can support yourself.
- Proof of medical insurance.
Once you have submitted your application, you will be required to provide your biometrics information at the nearest Irish embassy and afterwards, your visa application will be processed and you will be then updated about the results.
Note – Irish Government has agreed to expand the Third Level Graduate Scheme for non-EU/EEA students at National Framework of Qualification levels 9 and higher. The new permit would increase the ‘stay back option’ for masters and PhD students from 12 to 24 months. This will allow eligible graduates who studied in Irish higher education institutions and whose degree is awarded by a recognized Irish awarding authority at the Master’s or PhD level to stay in Ireland for two years to look for work.
Thinking about applying for the January intake in Ireland 2022? Call us at 1800 57 2000 to connect with our Leverage Edu experts today and book your free counselling session with us today!