After you have decided to study MBA from the top business schools around the world, the first step towards your dream university in the GMAT Exam. It is one of the most popular MBA entrance exams, conducted by GMAC. If you are wondering what is the best way to start the GMAT Preparation or How to get a high GMAT score in less time, then you are at the right place. Let us help you out through these GMAT preparation tips.
Leverage Edu offers online interactive classes to prepare you for your GMAT Exams. Our team of experts has helped more than 5000 students to get their desired results. Read on to know the amazing results that our students have got!
|Exam Name||Graduate Management Admission Test.|
|Score validity||5 years|
|Number of attempts in a year||5 times|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-based|
|Score Range||Min 200, Max 800|
This Blog Includes:
- GMAT Preparation Tips
- GMAT Quantitative Section Tips
- Verbal Reasoning Section Tips
- Analytical Writing Section Tips
- Integrated Reasoning Section Tips
- GMAT Preparation Tips for Beginners
- GMAT Preparation Tips for Working Professionals
- GMAT Preparation-Best Books
- GMAT Exam Pattern
- Score 700+ on GMAT with Leverage Edu
- Our Star Students!
GMAT Preparation Tips
For those of you starting their GMAT study journey, here are some GMAT preparation tips that will help you put the right foot in getting a high-GMAT-score:
- Select the correct time slot: To fetch a high GMAT score, you must plan the entire preparation process well, and the first thing to do the same is, selecting the right examination date. An average student needs at least need 3-month duration to prepare for the GMAT test. Thus, give yourself a good preparation time and avoid distractions.
- Study material: To fetch a GMAT score of 700 or more, you will definitely need expert guidance. We at Leverage Edu, provide the best supervision to the students aiming for high GMAT scores. Ranging from the study material to test the GMAT prepration tips, our experts can guide you in scoring a higher score and ace the GMAT.
- Time management: It is important that you are familiar with the examination structure and format. It will at the end save a lot of time if you are already knowing the directions. You have to be familiar with the timings too since GMAT is a computer-based adaptive test, you will be able to answer one question at a time, so be sure how much time you are going to take to solve each question.
- Practice, Practice, Practice: As the common saying suggests, “Practice makes the man perfect”, one must continuously work on the questions, previous year papers, sample papers and mock tests to increase their question-solving speed.
- Identify your weakness: If you are following the correct way for GMAT preparation, then you should definitely identify the areas that are holding you back from attaining a high GMAT score. Pay extra attention to those areas, practice more on such topics, monitor if you are improving over a period of time and keep revising such topics every now and then.
- Online learning: Opt for online learning platforms over traditional coaching classes as they would help you in saving some extra time for yourself. Also, when you are taking online guidance, you can work more closely on your problematic topics. This GMAT preparation tip will take you one step closer to fetching a high score.
- Time yourself: It is important to complete the exam on time. Thus, while solving questions or sample papers, time yourself to check if you have gained the correct speed or not. Keep doing this for a period of time and you will definitely see a difference in your performance.
Also read: How to Tackle GMAT Exam Anxiety?
Following tips will help you to master the GMAT math section.
- You will not be able to use the calculator on this section, so you need to be very fast with your calculations. Start your practice adding and subtracting fractions and decimals. Learn all the exponent rules and all common roots.
- GMAT questions are designed to look HARD. No matter how difficult it looks, go slow and be confident as you only need to apply high school maths. Break your problem in 2-3 parts, begin with what you know, and you will be able to move towards the right answer.
- If a question gives you only variables and doesn’t ask you unique value, you must plug in smart numbers (like -1, 1, 0, 1) to make that problem easier.
- Every data sufficiency question has the same order of answer choices, so you must memorize all of them well.
- Start your practice with topic wise questions (level of difficulty which is slightly higher than your Diagnostic Test). Be sure that you only practice questions close to GMAT from reliable sources.
Verbal Reasoning Section Tips
Here are some GMAT preparation tips for verbal reasoning to help with your practice-
- The initial step would be to learn all the basic grammar rules.
- Note down any new words in a diary or journal and go through them regularly.
- Always refer to an English-to-English dictionary to gauge the meaning of a word, so that you will easily get to know some of the synonyms of the same.
- Learn more idioms – this will be of immense help in eliminating irrelevant answer choices.
- Daily practice one or two GMAT practice papers.
Analytical Writing Section Tips
Here are some GMAT preparation tips for analytical writing to help with your practice-
- Follow a proper introduction, passage and conclusion structure for the essay
- Your conclusion should be based on your entire essay statement
- Make sure to present an objective point of view of the essay unless asked otherwise
- Provide any argument with supporting evidence
- Be concise with your words. Just because you need to focus on a word limit, do not drag the sentence
Integrated Reasoning Section Tips
Here are some GMAT preparation tips to help with your practice-
- Focus on your graph reading skills. Even if you know the method, if you end up reading the graph details incorrectly, you will fail
- Do not hurry with the answer, give each question considerable time
- Solve practice tests to keep yourself up to date with your performance
- Practise using on-screen calculator as you cannot use your own calculator
GMAT Preparation Tips for Beginners
If you are just starting with your GMAT practise, these tips will help you a lot:
- Take the first GMAT Practise test to assess your current capabilities. This will help you pinpoint your weaknesses
- Focus on improving your weaknesses but keep your strong points at the back of your head
- Join online GMAT forums where you can connect with other students
- Choose online/ offline coaching and stick to that. Do not keep shifting between the two
- Take as many practice tests as possible
GMAT Preparation Tips for Working Professionals
Many working employees plan to take GMAT and the time that they have is when they are doing a full-time job and have to manage a GMAT prep along with it. So,here are some tips you can use:
- Create a personalized study plan that suits your routine
- Use weekends to cover up any lags in the weekdays
- Take help from your colleagues and family to take time out for preparation
- Focus on your strengths more than trying to cover your weaknesses. Unless it takes less time, do not waste your weekdays in learning new things. Reserve weekends for that
- Take a practice test every week to assess your performance
GMAT Preparation-Best Books
Apart from the GMAT preparation tips, here is a list of books that have helped many in getting a high GMAT Score. Have a look at it before you get started with your own preparation:
|Name of the book||Authored||Buy here|
|Complete GMAT Strategy Guide Set||Manhattan||Buy here|
|The Official Guide to the GMAT Review||GMAC||Buy here|
|GMAT Math Prep Course||Nova||Buy here|
|The PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible||PowerScore||Buy here|
|Cracking the GMAT Premium – 2019 Edition||The Princeton Review||Buy here|
|GMAT Prep Plus 2019||Kaplan||Buy here|
|Prep Complete GMAT Course Set||Veritas||Buy here|
GMAT Exam Pattern
Score 700+ on GMAT with Leverage Edu
Here are some of our exclusive blogs, that
can help you in your GMAT Preparation!
|Sequence and Series||Probability Formulas||Profit and Loss Formula|
|GMAT Exam||Sample Questions for GMAT||Maths Tricks|
|Critical Reasoning||Verbal Reasoning||How To Calculate GMAT Score?|
Our Star Students!
It is not difficult to score 700 in GMAT if you follow the right guidance from experts in the field. Leverage Edu provides one of the best online learning to GMAT aspirants and helps them in getting sky-high scores.
In today’s time, the best way to prepare for the GMAT exam is through online platforms. This would save your time and effort of going to the coaching centres. If you get a hold of excellent faculties, this is then this would be the best way to prepare for GMAT.
You can get in touch with Leverage Edu and start your online GMAT test prep. It is recommended to opt for online guidance as it would help you in saving a lot of time.
At least 3 months. Here is a stepwise guide which will guide you with the ways and plan of cracking GMAT in 3 months!
These were some of the best GMAT preparation tips. Correct guidance and support are definitely going to help you in fetching a high GMAT score. We at Leverage Edu take special care of that and provide the best solutions to GMAT aspirants. Book a free counselling session with us and reach to your dream business school!