Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) granted the provisional registration in CA Foundation exams for 10th standard students. Chartered Accountants Regulations 25E, 25F & 28F 1988 now enables students to provisionally register in the Foundation Course of ICAI after passing class 10 examinations. Earlier, only 12th class students were eligible to apply for the course.
On the new permit, Atul Kumar Gupta, President of ICAI said “The Institute has recently got the approval of Government of India for amending the Regulations 25E, 25F & 28F of Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 which now enables the candidate to provisionally register in the Foundation Course of ICAI after passing Class 10 examinations. However, provisional admission to Foundation course will only be regularized once the candidate clears Class 12 exams.”
He further added “The basic objective behind the proposal was to allow students to provisionally register in Foundation Course after passing the Class X examination. This will help the students to prepare for the Foundation course while pursuing Class XI & XII and thus students would have ample time to update their knowledge & acquire requisite techniques to appear & pass CA Foundation with flying colours. ICAI also offers free online classes to students of Foundation which can be accessed anytime, anywhere.”
Also Read: How to become a chartered accountant?
Advantages of the New Entry to CA Foundation for Class 10 Students:
- The new permit has provided students additional time to develop an insight into the professional course and also gives them ample time to prepare for it.
- Complete four months study period while pursuing Class XI & XII
- Students can appear for the Foundation Examination in May/June immediately after their Class XII examination.
- Early admissions also benefit students with the early completion of the CA course which enables them to become Chartered Accountants, 6 months in advance.
Must Read: CA Registration Process
A comparison between the former and revised entry requirement and Eligibility Criteria for appearing for the Foundation Examination:
|Particulars||Earlier Scheme||Revised Scheme|
|Provisional Registration in Foundation Course||Students could only apply with the board of studies (BoS) after 12th||Students can apply with the board of studies after the 10th examinations.|
|CA Foundation Eligibility Criteria||– A 4-month study period is required before appearing for the foundation exam.
– Students must pass the Senior Secondary (10+2) Exam constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government (or the State Government) or any equivalent.
|– A 4-month study period is required before appearing for the foundation exam.
– Students must pass the Senior Secondary (10+2) Exam constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government (or the State Government) or any equivalent. (fulfiling the purpose of admission for graduation)
|1stAttempt for appearing in Foundation Exams||Exams will be held in November/December, after passing the 12th Exam.||Exams will be held in November/December, after passing the 12th Exam.|
Also Read: How to become CA after graduation?
This was all on CA foundation for class 10 students. Keep checking Leverage Edu for more information on admissions, applications, latest educational trends and updates!