The British Council’s “Women in STEM: A New Era” scholarship programme has opened applications for the 2022-23 academic year. This programme offers women scholarships to pursue degrees and early career fellowships at 13 universities in the UK. The British Council, the UK’s worldwide association, has opened the doors for female candidates from Asia and America in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) courses. Qualified candidates can enlist and fill out an application before March 31 on the official website.
The British Council provides opportunities to develop international contacts, skills, and cultural understanding through the exchange of people and ideas. It also provides support in education policy planning and information provision. Here are some key facts about the British Council STEM scholarships.
- More than 100 scholarships are available for women from Asia.
- For India and other South Asian countries, only 65 scholarships have been reserved for women candidates.
- Last year, 119 scholars enrolled in the scholarship course, 19 of whom were from India.
- STEM women scholars from India can apply for early academic fellowships across 13 UK universities. They can apply for master’s courses and in streams such as data science, environmental science, engineering, public health systems, information technology, renewable energy, energy management, and project management.
STEM Subjects that Qualify for Scholarships
- Advanced Science
- Applied ICT
- Design and Technology (Product Design)
- Applied Science
- Computer Science
- Human Biology
- Pure Math
- Construction and Built Environment
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Operations and Maintenance Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Vehicle Technology
British Council scholarships for women are available to study at any participating higher education institution in the United Kingdom partnered with the British Council. These institutions have guaranteed entry requirements that meet the minimum British Council scholarship requirements, and the majority of their courses are taught in English.
The scholarship is open to women over 18 years of age who are interested in pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate degrees in STEM subjects at participating universities in the UK. The scholars are expected to spend at least three months at their host university as part of their application. They will also spend some time working on a project related to their field of study as part of their engagement with the British Council’s global projects.
- Must have an undergraduate degree that enables access to pre-selected postgraduate courses at a UK university.
- Women candidates who can demonstrate a need for financial support.
- All those candidates who are active in the field with work experience and have a keen interest in their subject.
- Candidates who are willing to engage as committed British Council scholarship alumni.
Details Required in Application Form
- Prior work experience and a proven interest in the programme area you are applying for.
- You will show future commitments to limit building and financial headway in the wake of moving on from the UK advanced education and getting back to their nation of origin.
- Agree that your personal details may be shared with potential employers within the programme area, subject to legal obligations of data protection.”
Those who wish to apply can read the detailed info here. We, at Leverage Edu, can help you with your application process. If you have any questions regarding STEM scholarship, feel free to connect with our academic counsellors.