“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words, and that which cannot remain silent.” -Victor Hugo. The Fête de la Musique AKA the World Music Day is all about appreciating the art of music in its every form and genre. World Music Day is an international annual music celebration that takes place on 21 June. The best way to celebrate this day is to take out your favourite instruments and play the tunes you love! Let the music wash away your anxieties and worries and bring a world full of rhythms. Don’t forget to honour your favourite music artists and stay thankful for their inspirational moments transformed into the music you love! Let’s know more about World Music Day 2022 through this blog!
Check Out: Music Fine Arts Scholarship
History of World Music Day
Over 120 countries celebrate World Music Day by organizing free public concerts in parks, streets, stations, etc. World Music Day was founded by France’s Minister of Culture, Jack Lang and Maurice Fleuret a French composer, music journalist, radio producer, arts administrator, and festival organiser in Paris in 1982. Ever since then, the world takes this day to honour the musical artists that have touched our hearts with their tunes and let us shake off our troubles away with music!
How to Celebrate World Music Day 2022?
While music might be an integral part of your everyday routine, the best way to celebrate World Music Day is to take out all the classics you love and play them all day long! You can also explore different kinds of musical genres from rock and roll and folk to Britpop, Bollywood, KPop, European and so much more! Ask everyone for their favourites and exchange the musical playlists with each other. It’s easier than ever to explore the panorama of musical experiences the world has to offer and you can do it all from the comfort of your own home.
If you like playing music on your own, then sit back on your favorite instruments and let your creativity flow. Who knows, you might get inspired!
Know all about Ananya Birla & her Musical Journey towards becoming an Entrepreneur!!
World Music Day 2022 Theme
The theme for World Music Day 2022 is “Music on the intersections”.
Best World Music Day Quotes
Want to know how music changed the life of many artists that left their mark on this world? Here are some famous music quotes by some of the most famous personalities:
- “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain”. ― Bob Marley
- “Music is like a dream. One that I cannot hear”. ― Ludwig van Beethoven
- “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything”. ― Plato
- “I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music”. ― Billy Joel
- “Without music, life would be a mistake” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Health & Psychological Benefits of Listening Music
While music is always there to help you get through your long day of studying and working, it has numerous health and psychological benefits! Here we have listed some of the top benefits showing the importance of music in one’s life:
- When you listen to a particular song it can bring back a happy memory or it can also make you feel excited.
- Studies suggest that listening to music has a positive impact on your health and mental well-being.
- It also enhances your performance of exercise and provides a huge amount of comfort. Exercise has also been proven to reduce anxiety and listening to relaxing music can also decrease stress levels.
- Lower frequency and calming music can help you sleep better at night.
- You can browse through a wide range of focus music online to boost your concentration while working or studying!
World Music Day Quiz 2022!
Here’s a fun World Music Day quiz for you:
World Music Quiz
So, this is all about World Music Day aka Fete de la Musique that we should definitely celebrate with our own musical favorites and classics! Tell us in the comments about your favorite music artists that you love to listen every day! Stay tuned by Leverage Edu for more informative and interesting reads!