It is said that the students are the future of our country. It is quite possible that parents and teachers are constantly thinking about ways in which they can make the students brighter, sharper and successful in their future. When we talk about a student’s success and their hard work to achieve a goal, we not only talk about the learner but also their parents and teacher’s as they provide a continuous support system. The candidates who have learning skills, behavioural skills and career skills are more likely to get success in their professional life. Recruiters are looking forward to hiring people who have developed soft skills within them. These learning skills are not taught in any university, these are self-built and also help in personality development of the students. Let us know more about these skills through our blog!
This Blog Includes:
What are Learning Skills?
Learning skills is said to comprise 4 C’s, namely, critical thinking, communicating, collaborating and creative thinking. Development of these skills within a student not only help them to achieve success in education by increasing his learning power but also leads to a great professional life. These skills are developed by constant practice and hence, once they are developed, they become a habit! To know more, read our blog on Skill Development.
When a student pays much attention to a topic with full focus and carefully analyses every information which is made available to them, is known as critical thinking. Critical thinking has several other components. Let us discuss them one by one.
- Analysing: The very first component of critical thinking is analysing. It is about trying to understand the topic by parts. Each part leading to the conclusion is made clear here.
- Arguing: Providing counter statements which are logical, so that finally a solution or conclusion can be reached. It also helps in discovering all the possibilities of a particular statement.
- Classifying: It is about making groups of similar items and distinguishing one from another.
- Comparing and Contrasting: When the differences and the similarities are pointed out.
- Defining: This is about explaining a term with synonyms, antonyms and so on.
- Describing: This is about explaining the characteristics of something such as its weight, colour, shape and so on.
- Evaluating: When something is compared to a similar object or its standard value.
- Explaining: It is about defining the characteristics to someone else.
- Problem-solving: It is about finding out the root cause and effects of the problem and how it can be solved,
- Tracking: Considering the cause and effects that are going behind and trying to find why the problem is occurring in the first place.
Having excellent communication skills is a part of every successful person’s life. Whether you are an employee, a student or a teacher, you must know the perfect ways of communicating your thoughts without hurting the sentiments of others. Some of its key features are:
- Analyzing the situation
- Choosing a medium to communicate
- Evaluating messages before sending
- Following instructions or conventions
- Listening carefully
- Reading thoroughly
- Speaking properly
- Using technology to communicate
- Writing messages
Team work is yet another essential to succeed in life. One must know that it is nearly impossible to survive on their own and it is mandatory to have other people around us. In professional life, the most important learning skill is working in teams, collaborating with colleagues and other team members and helping each other complete a task. This should be taught in early stages of education so that the students know the way to success. Some of the components of collaboration are:
- Decision making
- Team building
- Resolving conflicts
- Leadership qualities
- Managing time
Creative thinking is about finding out unusual solutions for problems. Thinking out of the box and discovering immense possibilities is known as creative thinking. Some problems which are new to an organisation and there is no known theory to solve the same requires minds that can think out of the box, apply creative thinking and find solutions to the problems. Some of the components of creative thinking are given below:
- Problem Solving
These were some of the learning skills for students and working professionals! If you have any questions related to universities, careers and courses to study abroad, let Leverage Edu be your helping hand.