BA B.Ed. is a four-year integrated course that includes both theoretical classes and internships. BA B.Ed. The integrated programme combines the BA (Bachelor of Arts) and the B.Ed. Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.). BA is an undergraduate degree that can be obtained after completing 10+2. To pursue B.Ed, a postgraduate degree is a Bachelor of Education, candidates must have completed an undergraduate degree programme in any specialisation. The main focus of this programme is on ‘learning by doing as well as classroom instruction. The undergraduate course, which is divided into four years, provides in-depth knowledge of subjects related to Art and Professional Studies. In this blog, we will discuss in detail about BA B.Ed Integrated Course.
This Blog Includes:
What is BA B.Ed Integrated Course?
Students can save one year by completing a B.A. in this integrated curriculum or B.Sc. Depending on their unique potential, they may pursue a programme in addition to a B.Ed. A bachelor’s degree in education is required to become a teacher. The B.Ed. the programme includes a variety of training and teaching strategies. Curriculum. B.A. B.Ed. B.Sc., B.Ed. It is open to anyone who has passed the 10+2 exam from any recognised board in India.
The program’s goal is to prepare future teachers for nation-building by adhering to UGC and NCTE criteria. Students earn their science diploma as well as their education diploma during these four years. It enables students to save for one year. The program’s goal is to provide students with theoretical knowledge, practical skills, and problem-solving abilities in a variety of scientific fields.
Excellent placements, as well as practical and industrial experience, are two of the most important factors to consider when selecting a university for an Integrated B.Ed degree. They also provide excellent scholarships to their students based on the results of the college’s entrance exam or the results of the board exam. These universities also offer a variety of skill development programmes, professional development courses, and extensive exposure to students.
Why is it better than a Separate BA and then a B.Ed?
Academicians, professionals, and industry experts agree that the following are the main benefits of integrated courses over pursuing two separate degree programmes:
- In general, an integrated course saves the student one academic year.
- Students can begin right after high school and complete the course with two degrees.
- The availability of integrated courses in various combinations means that a student’s choice of subjects is also an option.
- In general, the integrated course provides more comprehensive and in-depth knowledge, with no study material repetition.
- In the case of two separate degree courses, the student must go through the admission and selection process twice; the student may also have to change institutions.
Must Read: All About BEd Syllabus
Following are the eligibility criteria for studying BA B.Ed Integrated Course in India and abroad:
The eligibility criteria for securing admission in a BA B.Ed Integrated Course are very simple and as follows:
- A minimum of 50% marks in Secondary (10+2) PCM/PCB (for B.Sc. B.Ed. Integrated) or the art group (for B.A. B.Ed. Integrated) are required for students.
- Students from other countries: The eligibility criterion for all programmes for overseas applicants is a minimum of 50% on the qualifying test and having studied the prerequisite subjects for admission to the desired degree.
Following that are the B.Ed eligibility criteria for studying abroad. Make certain that you meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 65% in your secondary school (10+2) examination.
- A minimum of 50% in an undergraduate course from a recognised college.
- If you have completed a post-graduate course, you must have a minimum of 55% in PG from a recognised college/university.
- Passing a language proficiency test if you are not from an English-speaking country. As an example:
Each college’s admissions process is unique. While some colleges offer direct admission based on merit, others hold entrance examinations to select candidates. A student must meet the eligibility requirements to take the entrance examination. The entrance exam will consist of a written exam to assess conceptual clarity, followed by a personal interview (PI). After taking into account the results of the entrance exam and the 10+2, a student will be called for admission.
You can study for your BA B.Ed. entrance exams by purchasing specially designed books for these tests online. You can also solve mock tests in these books. The simple application process for this course is outlined below:
- Step 1: Submit an online application and take the written exam.
- Step 2: Candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted for counselling.
- Step 3: Pay the application fee and gain admission.
The cost of a B.Ed course varies by college and is determined by factors such as the type of institution (government/private) and mode of education (regular/distance). However, most colleges charge fees ranging from Rs 20,000 to Rs 1 lakhs.
The cost of studying B.Ed abroad is high, with the average tuition fee for such a course being INR 16 LPA. In some cases, the annual fees can reach INR 50 LPA. Candidates can also apply for scholarships from various organisations and universities.
There are numerous colleges that provide BA B.Ed. programmes. The universities are listed below:
We have provided a list of the top BA B.Ed. India’s colleges depending on the state and management authorities, the admission process, academic curriculum, and fee structure of these colleges may differ:
- Gramin Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Sikar
- Veerangna Avanti Bai College, Chhatarpur
- Pestle Weed College of Information Technology, Dehradun
- GHG Khalsa College, Ludhiana
- Keshav Prasad Ralhi PG College, Bhadohi
- Mangalmay Group of Institutions, Greater Noida
- Khalsa College of Education, Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar
- Bhagwati College of Education, Meerut
- Pannadhay College, Tonk
- Central University of South Bihar
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College for Women
- Gargi College
- Department of Education (CIE), D.U.
- Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC)
These are the top universities for pursuing BA B.Ed around the globe:
|Universities||QS Rankings 2022|
|Stanford University (U.S.)||3|
|University of Melbourne (Australia)||37|
|University College London (U.K.)||12|
|Harvard University (U.K.)||5|
|The University of Oxford (U.K.)||2|
|The University of California, Berkeley (U.S.)||32|
|Columbia University (U.S.)||22|
|Peking University (China)||18|
|University of Cambridge (UK)||3|
|Utrecht University (Netherlands)||110|
Graduates of the Integrated B.Ed programme can work in many different fields such as school administrators, educational counsellors, secondary school teachers, educational entrepreneurs, freelance trainers, instructional designers, and other positions. These graduates are qualified to work in a wide range of government and government-aided institutions, as well as primary and secondary schools.
After completing the course, students will be able to work as a Post Graduate Teacher (PGT), Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT), Translator, Education Researcher, Subject Matter Expert, Content Developer, Administrator, E-learning faculty, Tutor, Research Fellow, Career Counsellor, Activist, Civil Servant, and Creative Writer.
The estimated salary package for the major jobs after the course is given below:
|Job Profile||Average Salary (India)(INR)||Average Salary (Abroad)|
|Teacher||3-6 Lakh||$2,000 to over USD 5,000 per month|
|Private Tutor||2-4 Lakh||$3,000 to over $6,000 per month|
|Govt College Teacher||3-5 Lakh||$143,823|
|Content Writer||1-4 Lakh||$52,552|
|Education Researcher||1-3 Lakh||$1,00,942|
|Counsellor||3-5 Lakh||$68,615 to $85,004|
It can be used to prepare for CTET, state-level TETs, and other relevant entrance exams. Students are somewhat relieved while taking an integrated course. In the case of the traditional course, a student must apply for a separate admission procedure and formalities to be admitted to B. Ed.
Yes, the five integrated BA B.Ed course is pretty much certified and valid for government jobs.
An Integrated Course is a full-time academic course that leads to the completion of two significant academic degrees.
Both have advantages and disadvantages. There aren’t many good colleges that offer the four-year integrated BA B.Ed programme. However, if you can get a BA from a good college like DU or any centralised university in India, you should just do it and apply for a B.Ed.
If you want to get into a high-ranked university abroad, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.