BCom Banking and Finance is an ideal undergraduate programme for students who have completed 10+2 with Commerce subjects. This 3-year bachelor’s degree is mostly opted by students who aspire to pursue a career in the finance and banking sector. Students of this course get to acquire in-depth knowledge about Statistical Methods, Economics, Business Communication, Financial Management, Accountancy, and Business Development. Students also get to learn about risk management, security analysis, securities investments, the stock market, financial organisation, and derivatives markets. Read this blog to learn more about Bcom Banking and Finance.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose BCom Banking and Finance?
- BCom Banking and Finance Top Colleges Abroad
- BCom Banking and Finance Top Colleges in India
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Process and Documents for Study Abroad
- Indian Admission Process and Documents
- BCom Banking and Finance Subjects
- BCom Banking and Finance Career Scope
Why Choose BCom Banking and Finance?
BCom Banking and Finance imparts knowledge about financial markets and banking. Students also get to learn about the financial policies and taxation laws of the government of India. Additionally, they get to have a comprehensive understanding of business matters and accounting. Students enrolled in this course learn about risk handling, operative policies, and business management. They also learn about insurance, consulting, superannuation, and funds management. This commerce course also enables students to learn extensively about economics. After completing this course, graduates will be able to land a job in the finance, banking, and insurance sector or opt for a Masters’s course in relevant domains.
Also Read: Masters in Business Management
BCom Banking and Finance Top Colleges Abroad
Many top universities of the world offer BCom Banking and Finance for international students. Given below are the universities that offer this programme:
|Universities||Annual Tuition Fee||QS World University Rankings 2023|
|University of Oxford, UK||INR 33,27,800||4|
|Harvard University, USA||INR 35,54,730||5|
|Stanford University, USA||INR 13,32,500||3|
|London School of Economics and Political Science, UK||INR 19,62,800||56|
|MIT, USA||INR 36,57,000||1|
BCom Banking and Finance Top Colleges in India
Students can pursue on-campus and distance learning in BCom in Banking and Finance from several colleges in India. Each college has its own fee structure, depending on the type of course.
Given below are the list of top colleges, fee, eligibility criteria, and admission process for this undergraduate-level programme.
List of Top Colleges offering On-Campus programme
The table enlists the name of colleges that offer BCom with a specialisation in Banking and Finance.
|Christ University||INR 6,35,000||Bangalore|
|St Xavier’s College||INR 15,075||Mumbai|
|Poorna University of Arts, Science, and Commerce||INR 10,420||Pune|
|Stella Mari’s College||INR 88,935||Chennai|
|Bhadrak College||INR 15,000||Bhadrak|
|Chaitanya Degree College||INR 25,000||Warangal|
|Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce||INR 52,085||Pune|
|Chaitanya Degree College||INR 25,000||Warangal|
|Adarsh University of Arts and Commerce||INR 42,090||Thane|
|Farook College||INR 25,650||Kerala|
|Jamshedpur Women’s College||INR 50,000||Jharkhand|
|St. Venkateswara College||INR 28,770||New Delhi|
|KPB Hindu College of Arts and Commerce||INR 66,000||Mumbai|
List of Top Colleges offering Distance Learning Programmes
Following colleges offer BCom Banking and Finance distance learning courses:
|Annamalai University||INR 24,000|
|Kalinga College||INR 30,000|
|Karnataka State Open University||INR 8,220|
|Kurukshetra University||INR 12,000|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University||INR 7,420|
|Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University||INR 10,000|
|Bareilly International College||INR 14,000|
|Subharti University||INR 30,000|
|Jammu Kashmir University||INR 9,350|
Read: Best Stock Trading Courses
The eligibility criteria for foreign universities and Indian colleges are mentioned below:
Students aspiring to secure admission to Bachelor’s of Commerce in Banking and Finance must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants must complete their 10+2 in commerce stream from accredited schools/colleges/academic institutions.
- Candidates must secure a minimum of 50% in the Class 12 board or an equivalent examination.
- Applicants must appear for the accepted English language proficiency test: TOEFL/IELTS/PTE.
- Students must possess a valid passport.
Each college has distinct admission requirements. However, the basic eligibility for BCom Banking and Finance is the same all over the country. Here are the eligibility criteria required to pursue admission to this undergraduate course:
- Candidates must clear the Class 12 board or an equivalent examination from a recognised college. Students must complete their 10+2 in the Commerce stream– Economics, Accountancy, Mathematics, and Business Studies.
- Students must secure a minimum of 55% in their senior secondary examination.
Admission Process and Documents for Study Abroad
Students appearing for senior secondary examinations or those who have completed this level of schooling can apply for a Bachelor of Commerce in Banking and Finance in any foreign university that offers this programme. Students can either apply from the official website of their universities of interest or reach out to Leverage Edu experts who are equipped with tools and expertise to ease their application process. Leverage Edu Experts will help students in the following manner:
- We will help you shortlist universities through our AI Course Finder.
- We will then proceed with the application process at the selected universities.
- We will help you assemble LORs, SOPs, Essays, and scorecards of English proficiency tests.
- We will submit all the required documents.
- Now, we will proceed with the application process for student visas, scholarships, and accommodation.
- Now you have to wait for your offer letter which is usually available after 4-6 weeks of the conclusion of the application process.
Study abroad students need to produce the following documents to complete the admission procedure:
- Academic transcripts
- Student Visa
- IELTS/PTE/TOEFL scorecards
- Proof of finance
- Portfolio of writing samples and essays, if required
Indian Admission Process and Documents
Class 12 students who have scored 55% or more in their 10+2 examination must follow the below-mentioned instructions to secure admission to the Bachelor of Commerce in Banking and Finance:
- Students need to pass the respective entrance examination of colleges that take admissions through entrance tests. Colleges admitting students on the basis of Class 12 examination publish cut-off marks for admission.
- After qualifying for the entrance test or crossing the cut-off mark, students have to appear for the counselling session.
- After the counselling session, colleges publish a merit list. Shortlisted candidates must fill out the enrolment form and upload the required documents.
Students have to submit these documents to complete the admission process:
- Passing certificate/mark sheet of Classes 10 and 12
- Date of Birth (DOB) certificate
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate
- Schooling certificate
- Disability certificate attested by licenced Medical Officer
- Sports achievement certificates if any.
Read: Master of Finance
BCom Banking and Finance Subjects
Students pursuing a Bachelor of Commerce in Banking and Finance in India need to study the following subjects during the course tenure:
- Management Accounting
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting
- Laws of Insurance
- Laws of Banking
- Universal Banking
- Turnaround Management
- Finance Report Creation and Analysis
- Basics of Computer
- Business Ethics
- Entrepreneurship Management
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Services
- International Banking
- Central Banking
- Portfolio Management
- Security Analysis
- Customer Relationship
- Role of IT in Insurance & Banking
- Organisational Behaviour
- Human Resource Management (HRM) in Insurance and Banking
BCom Banking and Finance Career Scope
Graduates of this BCom course have immense growth potential in different domains of Banking, Finance, and Accounting. They are employed in numerous employment sectors.
Below-mentioned types of organisations/enterprises offer employment to BCom graduates:
- Insurance Companies
- Credit Companies
- Business Schools
- Mortgage Companies
- Research Agencies
- Property Development Companies
Some of the most sought-after job profiles after BCom in Banking and Finance are as follows:
- Chartered Accountant
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Stock Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Investment Analyst
- Asset Manager
- Securities Analyst
Read: Career in Financial Management
The annual average salary of different job titles is displayed below:
|Job Titles||Annual Average Salary|
|CA||INR 7 lakh|
|CFA||INR 4.5 lakh|
|Investment Analyst||INR 2.5 lakh|
|Risk Analyst||INR 2 lakh|
|Securities Analyst||INR 5.1 lakh|
Yes. BCom graduates can opt for MCom or MBA from overseas universities to expand their knowledge about accounting, economics, finance, and statistics.
After completion of BCom, students can study MBA, MS Data Analytics, MCom, or Master in Banking and Insurance from some of the top universities of the world.
After completing BCom in Banking and Finance, graduates can be employed as CA, CFA, Asset Manager, Accountant, Stock Analyst, Investment Analyst, and Risk Analyst.
Learn about your study abroad options with Leverage Edu and Leverage Live. Start planning your options with a 30-minute free counselling session at 1800 572 000.