Founded in 1880, Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a notable professional arts university in the UK dedicated to transforming creativity into a profession. AUB is a vibrant creative community where students and faculty from across the world come together to experiment, work, and connect in the field of art, design, media, and performance. The Sunday Times Good University Guide ranked AUB top 5 of all UK universities for Teaching Quality and Student Experience. Let’s learn more about Arts University Bournemouth admissions, top programs, rankings and more.
|Mode of Programs/Learning||Full-time/ Part-time|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships and Fundings|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study at Arts University Bournemouth?
- Arts University Bournemouth Rankings and Reputation
- Fee Structure
- Arts University Bournemouth Application Deadlines 2022
- Arts University Bournemouth Acceptance Rate
- Popular Courses
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- UK Visa Requirements for International Students
Why Study at Arts University Bournemouth?
Wondering why you should study at the Arts University Bournemouth? Here are some reasons to solidify your doubts:
- Quality Education: Arts University Bournemouth has recently received gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework which examines the quality of teaching across UK universities for consistently providing outstanding teaching, learning, and outcomes for their students.
- Favoured Location: The university has a great coastal location, features award-winning beaches, a vibrant arts scene, and exceptional natural beauty. Bournemouth’s artistic community provides a wealth of creative inspiration
- Graduate Opportunities: According to Times Higher Education, the University is the UK’s number 1 specialist university for employability with a graduate employment rate of 97% the last five years.
- Outstanding Facilities: AUB has made significant investments in industry-standard technology and facilities to prepare you for a career in the creative industries. AUB has the first purpose-built drawing studio at a UK art school and the Bournemouth film school is known worldwide for its industry-standard films and graduate successes
Arts University Bournemouth Rankings and Reputation
|Source||Rankings and Reputation|
|Teaching Excellence Framework||GOLD|
|Which University Survey 2012 – Creative University Category||1st Position|
|Which University Survey 2018 – Creative University Category||Nominated in Top 5|
|The Sir Misha Black Award 2016||Earned this Award for First Institute of Art|
|Queen’s Anniversary Prize||For Higher and Further Education|
|Sunday Times Guide 2021||Top Specialist University in the UK|
|Complete University Guide Rankings 2021||Top 50 Universities|
The following are the fees of different course levels at the university of bournemouth:
|Course Fees In INR|
|Undergraduate 17,950 -19,950 GBP 18.05 – 20.07 Lakh|
|Postgraduate 18,500 GBP 18.61 Lakh|
|PhD 18,500 GBP 18.61 Lakh|
|Living Expenses 10,000 GBP (approx.) 10.06 Lakh|
Arts University Bournemouth Application Deadlines 2022
As per UCAS, the application deadline for 2023 for Arts University Bournemouth admissions is Wednesday 25, January 2023. This is the closing date for equal consideration, however, you could apply at any time till 30 June. UCAS clearing opens in July.
Below are the term dates for Undergraduate – Level 4 (first year) and 5 (second year), Level – 6 (third year) and postgraduate for 2021/2022.
Undergraduate Level 4 (First Year) and Level 5 (Second Year)
|Induction (Level 4 only)||4 October 2021 – 8 October 2021|
|Autumn Term||11 October 2021 – 17 December 2021|
|Spring Term||17 January 2022 – 25 March 2022|
|Summer Term||19 April 2022 – 24 June 2022|
Undergraduate Level 5 (Third Year)
|Autumn Term||11 October 2021 – 17 December 2021|
|Spring Term||10 January 2022 – 1 April 2022|
|Summer Term||19 April 2022 – 10 June 2022|
|Graduation||5 July 2022 – 6 July 2022|
Postgraduate (February 2022 Intake)
|Orientation||11 February 2022 – 15 February 2022|
|Spring Term||15 February 2022 – 3 June 2022|
|Easter Break||1 April 2022 – 6 April 2022|
|Summer Term||13 June 2022 – 23 September 2022|
|Autumn Term||3 October 2022 – 27 January 2023|
|Christmas Break||23 December 2023 – 3 January 2023|
Also Read: University of Reading Admissions, Eligibility and More
Arts University Bournemouth Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate for Arts University Bournemouth admissions for UG and PG courses is 35%. Arts University Bournemouth is one of the universities that does not publish information on acceptance rates. This may occur because a university offers programmes in which an applicant merely needs to complete admission standards and is not required to compete with other applicants.
Apart from media and animation being the highlight courses of Arts University Bournemouth, it also offers over 150 UG courses and 100 PG courses with a professional faculty of over 1500 people for guidance. The following is a complete list of courses offered by the university.
|Undergraduate Courses||Postgraduate Courses|
|Accounting, Finance & Economics||Accounting, Finance & Economics|
|Archaeology & Anthropology||Archaeology & Anthropology|
|Business, Management & Marketing||Business & Management|
|Communication & Journalism||Computer Animation & Visual Effects|
|Computer Animation, Games & Visual Effects||Computing & Informatics|
|Computing & Informatics||Design & Engineering|
|Design & Engineering||Health|
|Health & Social Care||Journalism, English & Communication|
|Life & Environmental Sciences||Life & Environmental Sciences|
|History, Politics & Social Studies||Marketing|
|Media, Film, TV & Music Production||Media Production|
|Tourism, Hospitality & Events||Social Work|
|Sport||Sport, Tourism, Hospitality & Events|
International students need to check the entry requirements for enrolment. For complete guidance with the admission process, reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu who will provide a step-by-step procedure. The following are a few points to keep in check before applying for any course at AUB.
- Having successfully completed 10+2 years of education. For an undergraduate course, an average percentage of at least 65% is necessary. (some courses will require this to be higher)
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.5
- For postgraduate courses, a bachelor’s degree is required. Some courses also require a portfolio.
Apply via UCAS for Arts University Bournemouth admissions. Candidates can apply to any of the 23 creative degree courses, including entry to second and third year. The UCAS code for Arts University Bournemouth is A66. Visit the official website of UCAS and start your application process.
Step 1: Apply through UCAS: The university will make decisions regarding your application based on your completed UCAS form. Make a list of all the qualifications you have and are currently pursuing. You can also tell us about any previous employment experience you have.
Note: The UCAS ‘on-time’ application deadline for equal consideration is Wednesday 25 January 2023.
Step 2: Track your application: UCAS Hub allows you to keep track of the status of all of your applications. They will send you an email with your login information for the online portal after they’ve received your application.
Step 3: Attend on-campus interviews: Applicants for some of our courses will be required to attend an on-campus interview. Similarly, some of the courses will host on-campus auditions, and if you are selected for an audition, you will be given further information about this.
Step 4: Accept your offer and get results: You can get notified via UCAS Track once the university reaches a decision. Within 10 working days, you should receive your results. In case of delay, you will be notified. Even if your offer is for deferred admission, you must meet the requirements of your offer before August 31 to be able to take up your position.
Step 5: Receive a confirmation letter: Selected candidates will receive a confirmation letter and a welcome guide to the course. UCAS will also update you regarding accommodation options, your visa application and enrolment.
Also Read: University of Southampton Admissions Process
Here are some of the important documents that are required for international students seekings admissions at the Arts University Bournemouth in 2022:
- Official affirmation of your latest secondary school grades
- Proof of all academic transcripts
- SOP and LORs (2 for postgraduate programs)
- Proof of your English language proficiency
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Bank Statements
UK Visa Requirements for International Students
International students can start the visa process up to three months before the start of their course. They are required to submit the following documents for UK student visa filing:
- CAS request form
- Copy of deposit payment confirmation
- Academic transcripts
- Financial support proof
- Consent form parent or guardian
- Scores of English language proficiency
- Proof of relationship with parents (for those below the age of 18)
- Tuberculosis test results
No, the application processes at AUB remain the same and will be treated fairly and consistently. There is nothing you need to do or change about your application.
As per UCAS, the application deadline for 2022 for Arts University Bournemouth admissions is Wednesday 26, 2022. This is the closing date for equal consideration, however, you could apply at any time till 30 June 2022
If you’re unsuccessful, you’ll be able to view feedback on the UCAS website. You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you still confused about Arts University Bournemouth admissions and not sure where to start from? Contact our Leverage Edu experts for end-to-end assistance from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE 30-minutes counselling session.