Travel and tourism have emerged as one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. It is estimated that the industry will contribute more than 904 trillion to the global economy by 2028. This exponential growth has led to an increased demand for professionals in the field. Pursuing BCom in Travel and Tourism can open up several lucrative career opportunities for students. This article provides a comprehensive guide to BCom Travel and Tourism subjects, salary, jobs, scope, and colleges.
|Course Name||Bachelor of Commerce in Travel and Tourism|
|Course Duration||3 year|
|Exam Type||Semester-wise/ Annual|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Minimum 60% Marks|
|Admission Process||Based on the performance in College Entrance/ Interview / Board Marks|
|Average course fee||2,50,000 INR-3,50,000 INR|
|Average Payscale||INR 3 Lakhs- INR 10 Lakhs|
|Job Positions||Travel Officer, Travel Executive, Airlines Staff/Manager, Tour Guide, Travel Agent, Tour Operator, Travel Writer etc.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Yatra, Cox and Kings Ltd., MakeMyTrip, Jet Airways, ClearTrip, SOTC India, TravelGuru, American Express Global Business Travels.|
This Blog Includes:
What is BCom Travel and Tourism
BCom Travel and Tourism is an undergraduate degree program that focuses on the travel and tourism industry. It is a three-year course that covers various aspects of the tourism industry such as travel operations, hospitality management, tourism management, event management, tourism marketing, and sustainable tourism. After completing the program, graduates can pursue a career in various sectors of the travel and tourism industry such as airline operations, hotel management, tour planning and management, event management, travel agencies, and destination marketing organizations.
Why Study BCom Travel and Tourism
The program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to pursue a career in the travel and tourism industry. Students learn about the various types of tourism such as domestic tourism, international tourism, adventure tourism, and cultural tourism.
- The curriculum includes both theoretical and practical aspects of the industry. Students learn about the history and evolution of the tourism industry, the impact of tourism on the economy and environment, and the various stakeholders in the tourism industry such as airlines, hotels, travel agencies, and tour operators.
- Apart from classroom lectures, the program also includes practical training through internships, field visits, and industry projects.
- This enables students to gain hands-on experience and apply their theoretical knowledge in real-life situations.
Relevant Read– Travel and Tourism course: UG, PG Online
Several colleges and universities in India and abroad offer a BCom degree in Travel and Tourism. Check them out below:
Several colleges and universities in India offer a BCom degree in Travel and Tourism. Some of the top colleges include
|Mount Carmel College||Bangalore|
|St. Xavier’s College||Kolkata|
|The University of Mumbai||Mumbai|
Several colleges and universities Abroad offer a BCom degree in Travel and Tourism. Some of the top colleges include
|Universities||Average Fee||Fee in INR|
|University of Queensland, Australia||AUD 46,080.||25,59,951 INR|
|University of Otago, New Zealand||NZD 33,400.||17,12,348 INR|
|University of Surrey, UK||GBP 18,700.||18,42,755 INR|
|Ryerson University, Canada||CAD 33,150.||20,08,605 INR|
|University of Florida, USA||USD 28,658.||23,50,180 INR|
Syllabus For BCom Travel and Tourism
The curriculum may vary from college to college, but the core subjects remain the same. The program is designed to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge required to work in various roles within the travel and tourism industry
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Financial Accounting||Advance Accounting|
|Methodology Perspective and Management||Fundamentals of Tourism Business|
|Principle of Tourism||Retail Management|
|Indian Financial System||Information and Cyberlaw|
|Language||Language II and English|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Financial Management||Hospitality Management|
|Tourism Marketing||Corporate Communication|
|Public Relation||Advance Corporate Accounting|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Entrepreneurial Development||Management Applied Accounting costing|
|International Business||Tourism Development|
|Tour Operation Management||Auditing|
Relevant Read– Bachelor of Hotel Management
The admission process for BCom Travel and Tourism programs generally involves the following steps:
- If you are looking to pursue this course from Abroad, we are ta Leverage Edu to help you to make your admission process hustle free.
- As we have good options for universities, our expert will help you to find a good university with the help of our AI-based course finder.
- We have a dedicated Editorial team that will help you to write your Statement of Purpose, essay.
- The application team will help you to put your application in universities before the deadline and start the process for student accommodation, student visa and scholarship/ student loans.
- As we will also help you with Visa Interview preparation and will provide you with mock samples for your preparation.
- Statement Of Purpose
- Letter Of Recommendation
- Updated Resume
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of citizenship Passport
- Passport size photograph
To be eligible for a BCom Travel and Tourism program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must have completed their higher secondary education (10+2) in any stream from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in their higher secondary education.
- Some colleges may require candidates to clear an entrance exam.
- Candidates need to submit their English Proficiency Test Scorecards like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and Duolingo.
- The eligibility score for IELTS is overall 6.5, in TOEFL you have to score above 91, In the PTE exam above 57, and in Duolingo above 110.
- Candidate must be younger than 25 years.
The scope of BCom Travel and Tourism is vast. With the increase in global travel, the demand for professionals in the industry is expected to grow rapidly.
- Graduates can find employment in various sectors such as travel agencies, tour operators, airlines, hotels, and government tourism departments. Moreover, with the growth of the internet and social media, there is an increasing demand for travel bloggers and influencers.
- On average, a fresh graduate can expect to earn between INR 2.5 to 4 lakhs per annum. However, with experience, the salary can increase significantly.
- Senior-level positions such as Travel and Tourism Manager, Operations Manager, or Marketing Manager can earn between INR 8 to 15 lakhs per annum.
BCom Travel and Tourism offers several job opportunities for graduates. Some of the popular job roles in the industry are
- Travel Agent
- Tour Manager
- Tourism Marketing Executive
- Operations Manager
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Writer
- Tour Guide
- Airline Customer Service Representative
- Hotel Manager
- Travel Blogger
The salary of a BCom Travel and Tourism graduate can vary depending on several factors such as the job role, location, and company.
|Job Options||Salary In $||Salary In INR|
|Travel and Tourism Operators||$40,204 per year||33, 02, 175 INR|
|Immigration Consultant||$45,000 per year||36, 96, 952 INR|
|Airline Manager||$68,347 per year||56,15,013 INR|
|Hotel Manager||$57,897 per year||47,56,499 INR|
|Travel Sale Consultant||$39,000 per year||32,04,225 INR|
Relevant Read –Eligibility for Hotel Management in Canada
Here is the list of some top recruiters in the field of Travel and tourism industry
- Indian Healthcare Tourism
- East India Travel Go
- National Geographic
- Air Aisa
- American Express Global Business Travel
Some of the common subjects in BCom Travel and Tourism include Introduction to Travel and Tourism Management, Principles of Management, Travel Agency and Tour Operations, Tourism Marketing, Travel Geography, Airline Management, Accommodation Management, Tourism Law and Ethics, International Tourism, and Sustainable Tourism.
The salary of a BCom Travel and Tourism graduate can vary depending on several factors such as the job role, location, and company. On average, a fresh graduate can expect to earn between INR 2.5 to 4 lakhs per annum.
Some of the popular job roles in the travel and tourism industry include Travel Agent, Tour Manager, Tourism Marketing Executive, Operations Manager, Travel Consultant, Travel Writer, Tour Guide, Airline Customer Service Representative, Hotel Manager, and Travel Blogger.
Hopefully, with this blog, you are now familiar with all the necessary information about the course of Bachelor of Commerce in Travel and Tourism. If you are looking forward to pursuing this course but are not sure about the process then take assistance from our study abroad experts at Leverage Edu