One of the most successful and resilient industries in the world is travel and tourism. This sector has a lot to offer and provides many opportunities to travel and discover the world’s undiscovered splendour. Additionally, students that are eager about travel and adventures are extremely drawn to travel agent courses. Through this blog, we will explain what it takes to work in the travel and tourism sector as well as the core of all travel agent training programmes. To know everything about the travel agent course, keep reading this blog.
This Blog Includes:
- What is a Travel Agent Course?
- Types of Courses
- Skill Set Required for Travel Agent Courses
- General Syllabus Structure
- Popular Universities for Travel Agent Course Abroad
- Popular Travel Agent Diploma Courses at Universities Abroad
- General Eligibility Criteria for Travel Agent Courses
- Application Process
- Career Prospects and Job Profiles
What is a Travel Agent Course?
So the first thing that pops into your head is, “What does a travel agent course have to offer?” The art of organizing, planning, and scheduling travel plans can be learned by enrolling in travel agent courses. It not only teaches how to organize and schedule private and business travel, but it also teaches them informational skills so they can recommend some of the greatest locations to clients. Budgeting for the complete tour’s prices and packages, including airfare, destinations, and travel accommodations. Once a student enrols in a travel agent course, they fully comprehend all of such skills and knowledge.
Types of Courses
|Type of the Course||Eligibility|
|Bachelor’s Degree||10+2 with a minimum 50% minimum aggregate percentage.|
|Master’s Degree||Undergraduate degree with a minimum of 50%-60% from recognised university|
|Diploma||Candidates should clear 10+2 aggregate marks.|
|PG Diploma||Undergraduates with a minimum of 50%-60%|
Skill Set Required for Travel Agent Courses
Professionals in the travel and tourism sector are concerned with offering top-notch services to clients who are travelling for pleasure or for business. Candidates interested in a career in the tourist business should enjoy travelling, be curious to learn new things, and have a talent for keeping up with current events and global socioeconomic trends.
Several skill sets and abilities that candidates need to possess in order to have a successful career after completing the travel agent course are:
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Good Research and Planning Skills
- Strong Networking Skills
- Time management skills
- Pleasant and well-groomed personality
General Syllabus Structure
- Tourism Management – Principles and Practices
- Airlines, Tours, Travel Agency And Travel Management
- Marketing in Service Industry – Airlines, Travel, Tours & Hotel
- Hospitality Oriented – Language studies
- Fundamentals of Travel and Tourism
- Concepts of Hospitality and Tourism
- Tourism Resources and Attractions in India
- Perceptions of International Travel and Tourism
- International Tourism: Concepts and Principles-I
- International Tourism Geography and Ecology
- International Tourism: Concepts and Principles-II
- Tourism Geography and Ecology of India
- General Aspects of Hotel Management
- History, Traveling and Tourism in India
- Tourism Marketing Management
- Modes of Transportation System
Must Read: Study Abroad Programs that Include Travelling
Popular Universities for Travel Agent Course Abroad
|Name of the Universities||Country||QS World Ranking 2023||Course||Average Fee|
|Cornell University||USA||20||Undergraduate and Graduate Hospitality Management Program and the Sustainable Tourism Asset Management Program (STAMP)||INR 50.69 Lakh|
|Oxford Brookes University||UK||19||MSc in International Hotel and Tourism Management, Various other courses.||INR 9.28 Lakh|
|University of Amsterdam||Netherlands||58||Bachelor in International Tourism Management, Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Management and various other programs.||INR 1.94 Lakh (Statutory Tuition Fee)|
|EHL Hospitality Business School||Switzerland||31||BSc in International Hospitality Management, Master in Hospitality Management and various other programs.||INR 1.05 Cr|
|Glion Institute of Higher Education||Switzerland||3||Bachelors in International Hospitality Business||INR 1.51 Cr|
Popular Travel Agent Diploma Courses at Universities Abroad
|Name of the Country||Name of the College/Institutes||Course|
|USA||San Francisco State University||Hospitality and Tourism Management|
|USA||Boston University||Introduction to the Hospitality Industry|
|USA||International Career Institute||Travel and Tourism|
|UK||Nottingham College||Level 3 BTEC Foundation Diploma in Travel and Tourism|
|Canada||Centennial College||Diploma in Tourism|
|Canada||George Brown College||Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management|
General Eligibility Criteria for Travel Agent Courses
Students are recommended to thoroughly evaluate the prerequisites for travel agent courses overseas after narrowing down their top country choices. However, there are some common eligibility requirements that are listed below, regardless of the country:
- The university’s minimum percentage requirement for 10+2 is needed for undergraduate studies.
- A bachelor’s degree in travel and tourism or a similar discipline is required for master’s programmes.
- English Proficiency Test Scores: IELTS, PTE & TOEFL
- LOR, and SOP (Varies from university to university)
When students have narrowed down a course and a country, the application procedure is the first thing that worries them the most. It does take a long time, and it starts months before the semester even starts. Universities have two primary intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to commence their studies.
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for studying a travel agent course from a university abroad.
- Call our specialists at 1800 572 000 to narrow down your top colleges and programmes. Apply to various colleges by starting your application through our single dashboard platform.
- Gather all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs, and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all application deadlines, then begin the procedure for accommodation, student visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually
- Obtain visa approval and prepare your stuff for the college of your choice.
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you.
Career Prospects and Job Profiles
The travel and tourism industry offers several rewarding employment options and plenty of chances to quench your wanderlust. While opening one’s own travel agency and going into business for oneself is an excellent way to make a decent living, one can also work in a variety of positions with reputable recruiters Cox & Kings, American Express Global business travels and Thomas Cook (India) Ltd, to name a few. Let’s take a look at the popular job profiles;
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Travel Consultant||INR 34.08 Lakh|
|Travel Operations Manager||INR 35.70 Lakh|
|Travel Office Coordinator||INR 30.00 Lakh|
|Housekeeping Manager||INR 32.45 Lakh|
Ans. Switzerland, USA, Netherlands and UK are some of the popular destinations for pursuing a travel agent course.
Ans: Today, a career in travel and tourism is a fantastic choice, especially given the wide range of options available on international markets. Numerous job openings and employment possibilities are available in this industry.
Ans: Hotel controller, chief concierge, guest relations manager, tour director, clubhouse manager, hotel assistant general manager, curator, and resort manager are a few of the tourism industry’s highest-paying positions.
The documentation requirements and application process for universities and institutes overseas are fairly specific, regardless of the country or course you apply for. Contact Leverage Edu experts to speed up the application process, gain admission to the university of your choice, and enhance your study abroad experience.