As we humans continue to complicate our lives, the issues regarding mental health have become a cause of concern now more than ever. The issue has become more daunting during the time of the pandemic. Detachment from people and the world affected the mental health of many individuals. Issues regarding mental health deeply affect the way a person thinks, acts, or feels. Many people do not feel comfortable sharing their anxiety and discomfort with others as a result they create a shell for themselves to avoid any kind of judgment and embarrassment. This thought process becomes the biggest hurdle in resolving issues related to mental health. To address the issues related to mental health, The World Federation of Mental Health (WFMH) organizes World Mental Health Day every year on 10 October. World Health Organization (WHO) promotes the initiative taken by WFMH.
Importance of Mental Health
The main objective of World Mental Health Day is to raise awareness about mental health among people around the world and also stimulate efforts about the same for those experiencing mental health issues. The aim of the initiative is to deepen the level of commitment and value that we put into mental health as individuals. The day is an opportunity for us as individuals and communities to engage and invest in a better future for mental health.
How is it Celebrated?
As more and more people are becoming aware of mental health, many events are organized to promote and address mental health. The events are celebrated by many organizations including schools, colleges, and public and private workplaces. This is celebrated in the following ways:
- Many organizations and institutions hold mental health awareness seminars
- In corporate offices, brew bonding is encouraged where people can come together and share their experiences
- In schools, meditation camps are organized for students to relax.
- Movie screenings are often organized as a time-out from the work schedule
- Counselling sessions are organized at workplaces for people to share and express their thoughts
- Office outings are a common way to promote the team-building spirit through fun and engaging activities
The World Federation of Mental Health has announced the theme for World Mental Health Day 2022 which is “ Make Mental Health for all a Global Priority.”
Essay on Mental Health
Mental Health has become an important element in an individual’s overall well-being. With the hectic work schedule and daunting realities of the world, being mentally sane is the need of the hour. During the time of the Covid-19 pandemic, issues regarding mental health surfaced even more. The isolation and introspection resided on the darker edge of the thinking spectrum. This affected the general and mental behaviour of people. Mental Health is a serious concern for people and medical professionals because unlike in other health situations, a patient with mental health issues often tries to conceal the level of mental volumes of pain, anxiety, fear, and depression which may hamper the physical state of an individual. If such issues are not addressed it may result in heavy breathing, palpitations, sweating, gut-wrenching, and other physical problems. Thus, addressing such issues and coping with them is highly necessary. One can opt for therapy sessions, Talk to a friend, or engage in any other activity which feels cathartic to them.
Want to ace your IELTS? Join Leverage Live
How to Cope with Mental Health Issues?
Coping with mental health issues may appear to be difficult but with a bit of optimism, you can move forward to better your mental well-being.
- You may start by planning your schedule of the day and setting goals for each task and achieving them one at a time for a better productivity
- Everyone gets anxious about one thing or the other. But if it takes a turn to the severity then you might be suffering from anxiety issues. We as individuals are aware of our triggers of anxiety thus anticipating them and managing our emotions could mitigate anxiety attacks.
- Adapting a healthy lifestyle including having a healthy diet, and practising meditation or yoga to calm and destress yourself would literally solve most of your physical and mental health problems
- If you are going through something tough or your heart is feeling heavy it is better to vent it out than keep it in. Talk to a friend or family member you trust or book a session with a therapist
World Mental Health Day is celebrated on 10 October every year.
The theme of 2022 is “Make Mental Health for All a Global Priority”
World Mental Health Day is organized by the World Federation of Mental Health (WFMH) and is endorsed by World Health Organisation (WHO).
World Mental Health Day is organized by the World Federation of Mental Health and is celebrated on 10 October every year. The theme of World Mental Health Day 2022 is “ Make Mental Health for All a Global Priority”. The aim of the initiative is to increase awareness about mental health so that we can work together for the future where mental health is valued. The concerns regarding it increased during the pandemic when detachment affected the mental health of people. Thus people adopted various measures to mitigate such issues be it consulting a therapist, talking to a friend, engaging in different activities to relax, etc. To read more about such updates, check out Leverage Edu.