The University of Leeds (Leeds) is a renowned higher education institution in the United Kingdom that was established in the early 1900s. The institution, which is known for its teaching and research, believes in investing in knowledge and opportunity. It was ranked 92nd in the QS World University Rankings for 2022. Leeds was also named the finest university in the UK by the Times and has twice earned the Queen’s Anniversary Prize, the highest honour conferred on educational institutions in the UK. In this blog, we’ve covered all there is to know about admissions to the University of Leeds.
|Location||Leeds, United Kingdom|
|Mode of Program||Full-time/ Part-time|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, scholarships, fellowships, loans, and student jobs are all available.|
This Blog Includes:
- University of Leeds Rankings
- Why Study at the University of Leeds?
- University of Leeds Admission Deadlines
- Top Programmes at University of Leeds
- Eligibility Criteria
- University of Leeds Admission Process
- Cost of Studying at University of Leeds
- Cost of Living in UK
- University of Leeds Scholarships
University of Leeds Rankings
Before we explore more about the University of Leeds, let’s take a look at some of its incredible rankings:
|World University Rankings||#127||2022|
|QS World University Ranking||#92||2022|
|Best Global Universities||#152||2021|
|Graduate Employability Ranking||#51||2022|
Why Study at the University of Leeds?
- The University of Leeds’ teaching philosophy aims to help you improve your knowledge and abilities to enable you to join the next generation of highly competent and critical thinkers and graduate with an internationally-recognized degree.
- Internationally renowned academics who are specialists in their professions will teach and inspire you. The University of Leeds has received more National Teaching Fellowships than any other university in the United Kingdom, indicating the outstanding quality of its teaching.
- After completing one of the preparational courses, you will have the option to study at the University of Leeds, which has an amazing campus.
- Many degrees at the University of Leeds have exploration modules that allow you to enhance your knowledge. You have the option of selecting a module that is relevant to your course or trying something entirely different.
- The research will be at the heart of your learning at the University of Leeds, no matter what topic you choose to study. You’ll be near to innovations that are making a meaningful difference in the world, and you’ll have the chance to participate in campus research.
University of Leeds Admission Deadlines
International applicants must submit their applications 90 days before the deadline to be eligible for admission.
|Regular Admission for most courses||January 26|
|Admission for Medicine, Veterinary Medicine/Science, and Dentistry courses||October 15|
|Final deadline (International applicants)||June 30|
Top Programmes at University of Leeds
Let’s have a look at some of the most popular and well-known courses at the University of Leeds offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programmes, with some of the more popular choices listed below:
- M.Sc Advanced Computer Science
- M.Sc Data Science and Analytics
- M.Sc Business Analytics and Decision Sciences
- M.Sc Engineering Project Management
- M.Sc Financial Risk Management
- M.Sc in Global Chain Supply Management
- B.Sc Nursing (Adult)
- L.L.M International Business Law
- B.Sc Product Design
- B.Sc Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
Let’s be acquainted with the admission requirements for hopefuls to seek admission at the University of Leeds after evaluating its application procedure and the popular degrees it offers. The criteria for admission to the University of Leeds vary depending on the programmes offered; nonetheless, the following are the general requirements to study at the University of Leeds.
The typical minimum entry requirement for all degree programmes is a pass in a combination of five subjects in GCSE (or IGCSE) and GCE A-level (or International A-level) examinations or equivalent. They should include:
- At least a GCSE or equivalent grade of A* to C/ 9-4 in English
- numeracy (the requirement depends on the course)
- grade A*-E in three A-levels.
English Language Requirements
Students should familiarise themselves with the university calendar and apply for admission carefully because the scorecard of these tests is valid for two years.
- Official high school transcripts
- Degree certificate and academic transcripts
- Translations of transcripts in English
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Copy of the UK Student Visa
- Personal statement
- GMAT scores
- Translation tests
University of Leeds Admission Process
Step 1: Choose your course
One of the most crucial decisions you’ll make is which course to take, so think carefully about what you want to get out of your studies.
Step 2: Check the entry requirements for your course
Undergraduate courses have different minimum entrance requirements depending on the subject. You can take a foundation course if you don’t have the official criteria for quick acceptance into a degree program. These courses will help you prepare for degree-level studies and provide you with the essential academic foundation. Make sure you fulfil our English language standards if English is not your first language.
Step 3: Apply through UCAS
For full-time studies, you should apply online through UCAS. L23 is the UCAS code for this university. International students should use the UCAS system to apply, just like UK students.
Application Fee: The application fee details for Leeds are as follows.
|Course Level||Application Portal||Application Fee|
|UG||UCAS Application||GBP 20 (INR 2,000) for one course; GBP 25-26 (INR 2,500-2,600) for every additional course|
|PG||Leeds Online Application||No application fee|
Step 4: Receive your offer
UCAS will keep you informed about the status of your offers. When you get an offer and correspondence from the university, UCAS will tell you.
Step 5: Wait for the application decision
The University of Leeds receives a large number of applications for our courses regularly. Your application may be put on hold before reaching a final decision to ensure that all applications are treated equally. This is a regular part of the procedure, and it may take a little longer for the university to respond.
Cost of Studying at University of Leeds
Tuition at the University of Leeds is priced differently depending on the course. The average tuition expenses for various degrees at the University of Leeds is given below.
|Average Tuition Fees (Per Annum)||GBP 17,192 – 35,788 (INR 17.15 Lakhs – 35.72 Lakhs)|
Cost of Living in UK
In addition to tuition, the cost of attending the University of Leeds includes food, lodging, and other daily expenses. Some of the costs that may be encountered while studying at the University of Leeds are listed here.
|Accommodation||GBP 3,800 – 3,900 (INR 3.79 – 3.89 Lakhs)|
|Internet and phone service||GBP 300 – 350 (INR 30,000 – 35,000)|
|Transportation||GBP 900 – 950 (INR 90,000 – 95,000)|
|Food||GBP 1,950 – 2100 (INR 1.95 – 2.10 Lakhs)|
|Personal Expenses||GBP 1,100 – 1,200 (INR 1.10 – 1.20 Lakhs)|
|Miscellaneous Expenses||GBP 200 – 300 (INR 20,000 – 30,000)|
University of Leeds Scholarships
International students studying bachelor’s or master’s degrees at the University of Leeds can apply for a range of scholarships. Some of the most well-known scholarships available to international students include:
|Masters Excellence Scholarship||50% of the tuition fees|
|Dean’s Business School International Excellence Scholarships||GBP 3,000 (INR 2.99 lakhs)|
|International Undergraduate Science and Engineering Scholarship||GBP 2,000 (INR 1.99 lakhs)|
|Dean’s International Excellence Scholarship||100% of the tuition fees|
We hope that our blog has given you all of the information you need concerning admissions to the University of Leeds. Are you having trouble deciding which study abroad program is best for you? Contact our Leverage Edu consultants for comprehensive assistance in getting admission to your desired college. Now is the greatest time to contact us for a free consultation!