The University of Göttingen was founded in 1737 and is a member of the Guild of European Research-Intensive Universities, U15, the German Excellence Universities, and the U4 Networks. The university is noted for being one of Germany’s oldest universities, with a large student population. The Faculty of Theology, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Economics, and Faculty of Linguistics are among the departments on campus. Undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate degree programmes are all available at the university. Furthermore, the university offers a student exchange programme that allows students to experience a variety of courses and gain exposure. Know more about the University of Göttingen acceptance rate if you are interested in pursuing your further studies from this reputed institution.
|University||University of Gottingen|
|Year of Foundation||1737|
|Type of University||Public|
|Location of Campus||Gottingen, Lower Saxony, Germany|
|Academic Calendar||April to March (April – September; October-March)|
|Average Fees||INR 65,700/year|
|Financial Aids||Funding and Scholarships|
This Blog Includes:
University of Göttingen Acceptance Rate
The University of Gottingen is one of the schools that does not publish acceptance rates. This may occur because a university offers programmes in which an applicant merely needs to complete admission standards and is not required to compete with other applicants.
This reputed university has made its mark in the academic world by ranking in multiple decorums as such:
- 17 in QS WUR by Subject 2022
- 301-500 Graduate Employability Ranking 2022
- 204 in QS Global World Rankings 2022
Also Read: Language Courses in Germany
Why Study at University of Göttingen?
Here are some of the highlighted perks of studying at the University of Gottingen which makes it one of the best in Germany.
- With practically all academic subjects represented across its 13 faculties, modern Göttingen provides a diverse choice of degree programmes, particularly in the humanities.
- It places a strong emphasis on creativity, with students and teachers encouraged to think creatively as well as acquire methodological expertise.
- The university’s prestige is boosted by collaborations with a number of local research partners, including the Göttingen Academy of Sciences, the German Aerospace Center, and five Max Planck Institutes, which work with the university to establish a research and teaching alliance.
- Göttingen is a cultural and creative hotspot that hosts a number of events and festivals throughout the year, including the renowned Handel Festival, which honors German baroque music.
Also Read: MIM in Germany
Courses in University of Göttingen
For bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, the institution provides a variety of courses in Humanities, Agriculture, Economics, Law, Social Sciences, Medicine, and other subjects. Half of the doctoral programmes and certain master’s programmes are taught entirely in English.
- M.Sc. Mathematics, M.Sc. Applied Computer Sciences, MSc International Economics, M.A. Global Business, and Master of Law are some of the most popular courses in this area.
- MBA is a type of agribusiness course that is taught at the institution. This implies a mixing of the fundamentals of management with regard to the agricultural and food industries. It’s a part-time programme with German as the primary language of teaching.
- The university’s M.Sc in International Economics is a commonly chosen programme that allows students to earn a double degree. The degree takes into account the students’ ability to communicate in both German and English.
- The University of Goettingen also offers certificate courses for a length of two to three semesters.
- Students can also choose from programmes such as communication skills, writing skills, social responsibility, and media skills.
Also Read: Masters in Pharmacy in Germany
The University of Goettingen welcomes students from all over the world to enrol in its programmes. Both domestic and international applicants must meet the same application standards and go through the same admissions procedure. International applicants must meet a number of additional conditions, which are detailed below:
- Statement of Purpose
- Academic Records
- Copy of your Passport
- IELTS or TOEFL
- Proof of German Language
- Letter of Recommendation
- Financial records
- University Qualification Test
The deadline to apply for limited admission topics and degree programmes is 15 July for the next winter semester and 15 January for the next summer semester. These are “final deadlines,” which means that any and all applications received by the addressee after these dates will not be considered.
Also Read: Best MBA Colleges in Germany
Here is the complete admission process if you are interested in pursuing your further studies form the University of Göttingen
- Complete the admissions application. Please keep in mind that the Supervision Agreement (which you will get after completing the online application) must be completed and signed only after you have been accepted.
- You must login via eCampus to view the pre-filled form if you have already been enrolled at the University of Göttingen.
- To upload the following documents, please have them ready:
- Transcripts and certificates for master’s and bachelor’s degrees
- Statement from (potential) supervisor (for more information, click here (pdf))
- Certificates of English proficiency (min. level C1, i.e. IELTS 6.5, TOEFL iBT 110),
- a brief summary of your PhD thesis (half to one A4 page) (Only for Molecular Biology of Cells, Cellular and Molecular Physiology of the Brain, and Systems Neuroscience applicants)
- certificates from additional relevant examinations, if applicable (e.g. GRE, reference letters, if available.
- you must also submit copies of an official translation (into German or English) if your documents are in a language other than German or English.
- Upon receiving an application for admission, the GGNB office will review the formal admission requirements.
- Educational qualification: Master’s degree with very good grades in the natural sciences or mathematics, including a Master’s thesis with a minimum duration of six months.
- English proficiency/language requirements: Applicants must be able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English.
- References are optional: If reference letters are available, they can be uploaded during the online registration process. If no reference letters are provided, the application will be processed.
- Screening references are optional. If reference letters are available, they can be uploaded during the online registration process. If no reference letters are provided, the application will be processed.
- Presentation after passing the admissions board’s screening, the candidate will present his or her thesis project to the admissions panel, which will decide whether or not to admit the candidate to the PhD programme.
- For the duration of their PhD thesis project, all doctoral students must be enrolled at the University of Göttingen. PhD students can enroll at any time during the year, regardless of deadlines. Every semester, an enrolment fee of approximately 400 EUR must be paid.
Also Read: Germany vs Australia
FAQs for University of Göttingen Acceptance Rate
It is a public university, with more than 40 Nobel Prize Laureates from the University of Gottingen, best known for its research facilities and academic curriculum.
The best-paid Gottingen University alumni and graduates work in the financial services industry. 102,000 EURO (INR87,16,844).
119th World Ranking for the year 2022.
Wanting to study in such reputed institutions in Germany? Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu and get expert advice and step by step guidance Book your free session right now!!