The University of Alaska, Anchorage is a public research university in Anchorage, Alaska, that offers over 100 degree and certificate programmes in high-demand professions like engineering, health, business, and education, as well as Liberal Arts and Sciences. College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business and Public Policy, School of Education, College of Engineering, College of Health, and Community and Technical College are the six schools and colleges that make up the University. To know about the University of Alaska Anchorage acceptance rate, deadlines, eligibility and more, then keep reading the blog!
This Blog Includes:
- University of Alaska Anchorage Admission Deadlines
- University of Alaska Anchorage International Admissions
- University of Alaska Anchorage Undergraduate Admissions
- University of Alaska Anchorage Graduate Admissions
- English Language Proficiency Requirements at the University of Alaska Anchorage
- University of Alaska Anchorage Acceptance Rate
- University of Alaska Anchorage Rankings
University of Alaska Anchorage Admission Deadlines
Deadlines are carefully adhered to at the University of Alaska – Anchorage. Late applicants are given a one-month extension. After the late application deadline, no applications are received. The following table shows the deadlines:
|Semester||Application Deadline||Late Application Deadline|
|Fall||July 15||August 15|
|Spring||November 15||December 15|
|Summer||May 1||June 15|
University of Alaska Anchorage International Admissions
International students who meet the university’s prerequisites are accepted to the University of Alaska, Anchorage. International applicants should be aware of the additional admission requirements and have the required documents on hand before applying. The application process can be performed entirely online and is completely free.
- Official high school transcripts with WES document by document evaluation of their transcript.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Financial documentation to issue I-20
- Copy of passport
University of Alaska Anchorage Undergraduate Admissions
Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Human Services, and Bachelor of Social Work are among the undergraduate degrees offered at the University of Alaska Anchorage. At the undergraduate level, all programmes have identical academic requirements.
- Official high school transcripts or GED
- Minimum high school GPA of 2.5
- Scores of SAT/ACT
- English language proficiency test scores
University of Alaska Anchorage Graduate Admissions
The University of Alaska, Anchorage offers 23 master’s degree programmes, nine graduate certificate programmes, and six doctoral degree programmes. Master of Arts, Master of Business Administration, Master of Civil Engineering, Master of Clinical Health Services, Master of Education, Master of Fine Arts, Master of Public Health, Master of Public Policy, and Master of Science are some of the degree programmes available. Every year, over 600 students enrol in the Graduate School. Applicants for graduate programmes must have a bachelor’s degree completed with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official transcripts with WES Basic course by course or the ICAP course by course evaluation.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (GPA requirements vary by program)
- Additional documents such as references, resume and writing samples as required by the program.
English Language Proficiency Requirements at the University of Alaska Anchorage
The scores accepted by the University of Alaska Anchorage in various English Language Proficiency Tests are given below. International students must submit the scores as proof.
Applicants can fill English proficiency waiver form only if:
- He/She is a native English language speaker.
- He/She has attended a regionally accredited U.S. College or University.
Join Leverage Live to ace your IELTS and TOEFL!
University of Alaska Anchorage Acceptance Rate
The University of Alaska Anchorage has a less selective admission policy. Thus, students with a decent academic profile have a high chance of being selected. The acceptance rate of the University of Alaska Anchorage is around 77%. The university enrols around 11,000 international students in an academic year. Students are provided with over 100 different undergraduate and graduate programs at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
University of Alaska Anchorage Rankings
The University of Alaska Anchorage is ranked as follows this year:
- #71 in Regional Universities West
- #122 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #34 in Top Public Schools
The University of Alaska Anchorage accepts students with a GPA of 3.31. It’s fine to have a B average with some A’s thrown in. If you took several AP or IB classes, your weighted GPA will improve and you will be able to demonstrate your potential to take college classes.
The acceptance rate at the University of Alaska Anchorage is 77% i.e, for every 100 applicants, 77 are admitted. This means the university is lightly selective. The applicants should go through eligibility criteria and requirements for the respective course they’re going to apply for in order to have clarity about their acceptance chances.
Some of the popular majors are Business, Management Marketing and Related Support Services; Engineering; Social Sciences; Psychology; Health Professionals and Related Programs etc.
So, this was all about the acceptance rate of the University of Alaska Anchorage. If you need help with the admission process or with the scholarships with your study abroad plans, then contact our Leverage Edu experts today!